1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Whilst acknowledging his achievements in his time as player and manager first time round it will always be soured by the fact he is partly to blame for losing us the ten in the way we did and his attitude when knowing full well he was over his head yet stubbornly held on.

terrasidius likes this.
  2. leeso-ardoyne

Edit

3. JamesM09

If he left any time before now we’d probably still be on for the league.

Apart from that he repeatedly disrespected the Celtic support and used the pandemic situation against us.

He can go * himself. Never a Celtic man in his life, just another mercenary using the support for his own gain.

fanakatic and The Phoenix like this.
  4. davidhannah

Its a travesty. I'm more than dejected. he has to go. I said after the rangers game he had to go. That's when I called it. All I've ever said, its ive tried to put in reality to the fact lennon has given so much to celtic. It's ridiculous to suggest he's a theif, arrogant, a money man. Lennon is celtic through and through he thought heart in hearts he could win the league again of course hed never quit.

5. northeast67

I've been choking for him to leave he's been totally hopeless with his signings more so with his development of the young guys which lead to losing most of the good up and coming kids then there's the team selection and tactics absolutely shocking!
    But Lennons coaches are part of this and worse than them all is the board who okd each signing and watched as 10n a row was dumped like it didn't matter, they are more to blame and should have sacked him after he European mess when 10 would still be possible under good guidance
    Still believe our teams better than the team winning the league, just mot managed and poorly motivated.
    Shambles, who the fek wants to manage under that board?

6. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    If anything the decision makes me even angrier as it had nothing to do with a bonus or any of that * it just came down to fact board were refusing to budge to fan pressure until this point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    He was driving the bus but it's far from Neil Lennon alone who * the 10. Hence why this faux outrage over an essentially meaningless game the other night adds insult to injury. Board should have acted in November it was clear at that point it was unrepairable

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

terrasidius likes this.
  8. davidhannah

its over. its painfull. But he's done so much good for celtic. I wish him no harm but i understand the sporting displeasure towards him. Abuse is totally unacceptable. He's a sporting figure. keyboard. Gangsters. So be it. The club is under control by tory scum edinburgh middle class elite *. ticket prices through the roof. With total contempt for glasgow Celtic. Who do they think they are? They are the enemy? We will take back Glasgow Celtic. They are the real enemy.

fanakatic likes this.
  9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Did McKay push the termination through who know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. StevieBhoooy!

I’m actually quite angry that he’s getting to slide out the door without taking the consequences of his catastrophic failure in what he’s been handsomely paid to do... and that the supporters won’t get the chance to vent their anger right into his face.

The board should have just left him in place while they lined up a new manager and let him know they were doing it...

He will just slope off now with the bank account full and leaving behind utter carnage.

11. Mr. Slippyfist

Record saying Lawwell and Desmond sacked him this afternoon.

Kennedy to take over till the end of the season with Brown being tipped to take a step into the dugout...

12. davidhannah

Everyone that called Neil Lennon out as the wrong manager. Was right. I'm sorry I didn't believe you at the time. I'm more sorry the board didn't. His history. His success. Clouded my judgment of him winning the league after delivering the treble. The only man to do it as player and manager. I'll never forgive myself.

13. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    If it gets Brown out of the starting eleven, I'm all for a move into the dugout as long as he stays there ha

14. James Gold Member Gold Member

If he has been sacked the timing is totally bizarre even after watching us lose to the team at the bottom of the league. If they acted 4 months ago we could have rescued this season

15. leeso-ardoyne

A * bonus! Do you honestly think they wherent sacking him over a * bonus! This is the mentality we have to deal with. Billionaires afraid to sack someone over a measly bonus. Swear to *! There's more sense eating grass out in them fields out my back than some of our supporter's!

The reason why they stuck with him because they thought he'd manage to pull it back! Nothing else! Although I must admit, I also do believe there was interference in his team selections early in the season from above!

16. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    They are gonna get the full time gig arent they

17. leeso-ardoyne

There's an old saying. Your dammed if ya do, and dammed if ya don't!

18. davidhannah

Gordon Strachan. For a laugh! Until the end of the season!

19. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Don't ruin my night ha.. no chance that will happen.

DEADEYECFC likes this.
  20. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover