1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Ronny Deila.

2. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    What about him?

3. shieldsybhoy

Transfermarkt has a list of managers without a job. Some interesting people...

David Wagner
    Villas Boas (probably unattainable)
    Patrick Viera
    Thorsten Fink
    Ludovic Magnin
    Marcel Koller

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trainer/verfuegbaretrainer/statistik

Saying this, I would want a team of staff to come in and clear out the current set of staff, rather than a single person.

4. saltire78

Rodgers commended Deila for a the work he did behind the scenes onthe setup... it was his inexperience dealing with players at a higher level and from a wide diaspora that let him down

5. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Nah mate you’re talking about the 2010 semi, I’m talking about the 2015/16 league cup semi when we were winning 1-0 and went onto lose 3-0

6. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Sorry 3-1

7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    David Wagner could be interesting.

8. murphy88

I had totally forgot about the one you were talking about mate. We went down to 10 that day as well.

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

This.

Same * who would never sign another Brazilian because we signed Scheidt.

10. KEANO1

The new manager will be Steve Clarke, our finances dictate the level of manager we can ‘shop’ around for.

£5.2m loss in 6 months, which is set to get worse by end of season, suggests we won’t be watching a Benitez type manager next year.

We will have to offset that loss with player sales and an inexpensive new coaching team. Downsizing is on its way. The business plan will be hope everyone renews and by some miracle we get CL qualification. Same gamble year in year out.

11. john2061

If it's Stevie Clarke he will need to resign from the Scotland job as the euros don't start till June and into July and in July we have vital champions League ties so can't see him resigning from the Scotland job .

12. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I seriously doubt Steve Clarke wants the hassle of the Celtic job

13. KEANO1

I don’t think for a minute he took the Scotland job with the thought he wouldn’t return to club football at some point.

He’s achieved the holy grail by getting Scotland to a tournament. So I don’t think that would be an issue for him to walk away, he’s done what no one else has managed in 20 odd years.

I understand what he’s said before about the Celtic goldfish bowl etc that’s my only reservation over him. I also don’t imagine he would be on any more money than what we are paying Lennon.

The Eddie Howes etc have all been available for a while now and hasn’t come to anything. Clarke is the stand out unavailable manager I can think of that is in our reach.

14. john2061

Think alot of Celtic fans wouldn't want Clarke his football too defensive but is organised and if the board don't get a move on all those managers that are available now will be snapped up by other clubs .

15. KEANO1

I agree he wouldn’t be many fans first choice appointment, but as you say the organisation and defensive shape is something we are crying out for early in the season to get through qualifiers.

His teams aren’t renound for playing flowing attacking football, but no doubting he is a top coach. Proved countless times against us how difficult his teams are to beat. He would have a fair idea of spotting a player I’d imagine too. Would be an interesting appointment.

16. Buster

1-0 to 0-3?

l was like “how’s that possible”

well corrected

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    What hassle?

Is he no a Tim anyway or am I getting mixed up with someone else..

18. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Steve Clarke has indicated previously that he was subjected to sectarian abuse during his tenure as Kilmarnock boss (i.e. being called a * b’). I think the sectarian bubble in the west of Scotland might put him off as it could potentially affect him in the long term, and his family. Then again, he doesn’t strike me as the sort of individual that would be targeted frequently (that’s not to say it wouldn’t happen) and certainly not to the same extent as Lennon has. Besides, he has the Scotland gig to contend with during this important year for us as a nation and he may well be lured by a crack at the World Cup. So, taking all this into account, I don’t think Steve Clarke will be the Celtic manager for the 21/22 campaign. In fact, my hunch tells me that Lennon may be given one more chance to prove himself with more autonomy, Covid being cited as the main reason for the 20/21 debacle.

19. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I scoffed when Davie Moyes was mentioned when Rodgers left...... shows what the * I know.

He might not be Barcelona sexy, but by * the man knows tactics.

ThatBhoyLarsson and martin_d like this.
  20. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I actually wanted him ahead of Rodgers.. :fear:

Garrymac1888 likes this.