1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    The most jarring part of his recent soapbox performance is that he openly admits he doesn't take criticism.

What sort of * professional, in ANY career, doesn't take criticism?

In addition, it appears he now counts how many questions he's asked by the media, instead of examining WHY these questions are being * asked in the first place.

2. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Loosing the league, the 10, once in a lifetime history, but its not that bad. Guy can get to *.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Hahaha...fecking deluded Lennon. Not the disaster movie it is being made out to be ? Really? League gone with 10 I A R , out the CL against less than average teams. Bottom of Europa league, out the League Cup , not a shot at goal against the Huns, at home. And to achieve this he has dragged the standards we had set down to his level of management so much so that players want away. Aye Lennon, it's not a disaster, just a blip. :31:

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I mean you try not to join in the abuse of the guy and he's coming out with pish like that....he does not make it easy does he? Just wow :31:

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  5. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He knows he’s away at end of season and is just trolling everyone he gets off on everyone’s misery at the thought of him staying it’s a power thing like when a serial killer refuses to reveal where bodies are he gets off on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's right to be fair, it's not the disaster movie it's portrayed as.

It's * worse than its being portrayed.

15points behind a Hun side that's not even 9 years old, that 4 seasons ago was a low league side.
    Out of every competition we entered by the turn of the new year.
    Players leaving with no planning to replace them.

Praising a 5 game with streak, while being Celtic, is not exactly an amazing season event.

He can pretend and try to smooth over just how * a manager he is all he wants, but he's deluded as * with it. Specially when he follows it up with "one game at a time" "not setting targets" "finish as strong as we can"

Those are words of a manager and a side that know they've * it, but just want to go out on at least a decent "high".

Honestly, like a lot, I'll * cheer when this guy finally leaves our club.
    A year ago he was a Celtic icon, today he's an embarrassment to the club.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

7. JamesM09

You need to remember he was brought in to downsize and lower expectations. That’s what he’s been doing and that’s what these comments are.

He’s been allowed to get away with it because the children in our support think he’s a “Celtic Man” and have fallen for sentiment.

“Oor Lenny just wants what’s best for us” - grow up, he’s a hack that’s making millions taking the * out of you, and the money out your wallet.

8. SuperZidane

He's certainly lowered expectations but I don't know about downsizing. He has spent about 35/36 million on players in the last 2 years and we've brought in about the same.

I have little time for the board but I think they backed Lennon in the transfer market.

The trouble was that we spent a lot of that money on players who certainly haven't proved their worth. We turned a good profit on Frimpong and IMO will make a lot of money on Turnbull but hopefully not for 2/3 years.

As for the rest, we'd be lucky to get our money back on some and definitely will not on others.

That's why I think its vital that apart from Lawwell and Lennon - Hammond goes as well.

There is no point in tinkering with the football operations set up - IMO the 3 culprits above plus Kennedy and Strachan should go.

We need a completely clean break.

9. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye we can say a lot about this board and a lot of it is true.
    But they certainly backed this guy in the summer. More so than they normally would have.

I honestly think they were gonna see this season as a breeze with a little spending and when things got Sharkey at first, they honestly thought law of averages, we had to "bounce" back from the European games and the October month.

By the time they woke up and realised how inept this guy is, it was December the 7th and they had left it almost too late.
    Their mistake at this point was showing a last gasp hope on the useless guy, giving him the "review" month, where he surprisingly went on a small win streak against bottom six clubs and a championship hearts.
    They let sentiment get in the way at the very last chance of saving this season.

Roll on the January Hun game and it was all too far gone by that point.
    They've now backed themselves in to this season being a disaster and need to see this out.

I think by the Hun game they had accepted defeat and have looked at the changes needed, the changes that was also due to happen in lawwell leaving, and figured just write the season off.
    They threw money at Lennon last summer(fyi, it was the least they should do every season, but in relative terms for this toght * board), and by the time they accepted defeat they'll have decided not to waste any more on him or the season. That means not paying him off, not signing new players (Kenny on loan because the other two left is literal the extreme need) and not affording him any more club benefits. They've barely said a word recently. The interim report aside and that "review" that are now just letting him do his own damage.

But aye, they certainly backed him last summer for this season. And it is on him for not getting the best out this squad of players. He's the manager, it is literally his job.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

10. Dubliner1

When has anyone said the gov has STOPPED us from winning the league. It's F all to do with winning the league. Our club has been called by Sturgeon and her Gov loads of times in recent months compared to the other mob.

11. davidhannah

Celtic are the biggest football club in Scotland and they flew to Dubai for a Jolly up and brought the plague back with them. Yes the government did incorrectly sanction that trip. Yes the club spend probably hundreds of thousands on a chartered flight and accommodation while the youth team have been put on furlow. The pubs and bars were shut at new years in Scotland. Lennon was im the paper with a pint in hand on a sun lounger with Scott Brown. Then they brought the plague back home to Scotland and didn't win in 4 games. Peter Lawell said he's leaving.

Don't renew your season tickets until the club show a change in direction. You've wasted 500 quid to watch the team all season while everyone else can watch it for free on their phone. Ticket prices were 30 quid to see a league game the most rip off prices for a football league game in the world already. People are losing their jobs, rent is through the roof. The way ticket prices are Celtic will just gentrify the stadium for the middle class. This has to be the best chance we'll have of re setting the ticket prices. That's what has become of the club. The club has been over taken by charlatans and theives, corruption, jobs for pals. They haven't delivered. They aren't planning ahead. Next season will be a total disaster all our decent players are going elsewhere. We need to rebuild now. The players couldn't handle the pressure of playing with no fans. They will crumble when the groans and moans come down at Parkhead with a set of supporters feeling totally ignored and ripped off Lennon remains in charge. Pandemic restrictions aside. The club will struggle to get 10,000 season ticket holders. I can't see Parkhead being over 30,000 next season. The Lisbon lions stand will be closed in the top their. The board better believe it they are asleep at the wheel. There's going to be no money to go around.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  12. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

When huns wrote that Sturgeon was against them I laughed at them too.

Politicians basically don't give a * about anything but themselves.

Anyway it's the Neil Lennon thread, don't be distracted by "noise".

* the SNP
    * Sturgeon, * Johnson, * Davidson, * Hancock, especially Hancock.
    * the Tories
    * Labour.
    * the Orange Order.
    * everycunt.

Dubliner1 likes this.
  13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It’s honestly pathetic the way some people are going on about the Scottish Government. There’s no bias against us. It’s just idiots desperately looking for someone else to blame or have a go at.

And are people seriously getting their knickers in a twist at Sturgeon mentioning the club the other day? Is this when she said “I don’t care if it’s Celtic or Rangers?”

If so, why the * would anyone get annoyed over that? Sad, sad *.

thailandceltic, Garrymac1888 and Peej like this.
  14. ddub11

Great post,a lot of talk on here lately bout whos to blame for us losing the league,seems to some its everybody elses fault except our own.

15. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The delusion of him and the board are worrying

Peej likes this.
  16. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Well if alarm bells weren't ringing before they sure as * are now. If he doesn't think getting pumped out the CL by Ferencvaros, being the whipping boys in a europa league group where we went in as top seeds, losing in the league cup at home to Ross County and being 15 points adrift in the league is a disaster what the actual * does he think constitutes one, and when can we expect him to drag us to that?

Beyond Turnbull and Soro I'm struggling to think of a single good thing to come from this season.

I know people have been saying for months he is delusional, but he is coming across more and more like he really is, in the full medical sense of the word. It's worrying for us and for his own mental health.

17. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You could take a truck-load of LSD and still be more in touch with reality than our manager. If he doesn't think this season constitutes a disaster it would be interesting to know what he thinks would. If you can't admit to or recognize the problem how can you possibly do anything to correct it?

18. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    A disaster for Lennon is him being out of a job. Anything else from his perspective is a success.

I've not said much on Lennon as, well what's the point plenty others can see it, but starting to get a wee bit worried that his leaving at the summer is not the certainty is should be. Putting everything else to the side he is just not a very good manager at all.

Peej, Wee Baldy and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  19. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Downplaying the problems on the pitch, caused by the club themselves, aswell as there disastrous PR pish all season, all while overblowing comments made by pundits and politicians. Total brass neck deflection pish.

Jeannie960 and Peej like this.
  20. john2061

I wouldn't put it past the board to make Lennon director of football and bring in a younger manager in like Maloney .