1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    its * , 20 ton of it , i dont even know why i am commenting on it ,,, becos i am 5 sheets to the wind

2. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony

What is math ?? , a moth with a lisp ??, i am a math not a butterfly

3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Cool cool.

4. SuperZidane

I know what you mean but I don't think its an issue. The Huns will clinch the league at some point next month (the best we can hope for is that they don't do it at Paradise (even better if we could end their unbeaten league record).

Even if they take their foot off the gas after its won and we close the gap - who gives a *? You're either 1st or 2nd - that's it. In the end, the record will show that they clinched it before Easter - and we will all remember how embarrassing we have been for most of this season.

Frankly I think Desmond has already decided whether or not Lennon is staying and the points difference is irrelevant to him.

If Lennon is staying, Desmond may point to any drop in the gap as a factor in the decision but IMO that's a load of bollox and I think most fans will feel the same.

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Glad he's atleast called out the clubs different treatment with any covid breach. Rangers have 5 players having illegal parties, yet the first club name mentioned is celtic. * disgrace.

Artorias and Double Dutch like this.
  6. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No one else seems willing to highlight this * so Lennon is quite right to. I see huns on twitter giving it 'excuses' and 'yous are * deal wae it' etc, I don't expect it from Celtic fans considering it's US that are, and always have been, bearing the brunt of the double standards. The fact Lennon is a * manager and we have * it this season, has got nothing to do with the fact this country is a * anti Catholic * hole and I applaud anyone high profile person calling it out, including Neil Lennon.

7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

You are right it is a disgrace but Lennon coming out and criticising it will be perceived in the media as sour grapes for losing the League. It needs our board and other clubs boards to come out and say something. If they spoke out sooner the Hun media and it's biased pundits wouldnt get away with half of what they have on promoting everything good about the Huns. In fact only this morning reading on various media pish outlets is how Slippy is going to cope without his talisman captain, even talking about him bringing in emergency cover. Yet we have had to play players out of position (some of it forced, some down to Lennon) , Julien out until next season, Forest set back again. Hibs, Sheep have had to deal with the same but no mention of any sympathy for any other club. As long as our board sit back and say nothing the media will push what ever agenda they want the SFA and Government to react to. Lennons comments are correct but it's like his team selections, too little too late to make any difference.

8. Dubliner1

Lennon once again spot on when it comes to us and the Scottish Government. Good to see Sutton coming out and slating Sturgeon & Leitch. As highlighted before Scots Gov NO friends of our club.

honda and Gully Sands like this.
  9. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

To be successful here year in, year out you need to be of a certain temperament and be able to take the rough with the smooth. We are seeing that now with the good groove and it takes a bit of character to do that.”

What the * is that.

Need to take the rough with the smooth to be successful year in year out?

But you’re not successful year in year out Neil. What are you talking about.

10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I figured this would be the case with a decent chunk of our support and I do worry about it.

Lennon will do anything and everything to deflect from his own failings, and Sutton will help as and when he can. Our failings this season are 100% on us.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon has insisted Celtics season hasn’t been the disaster movie it’s being made out to be.

The Hoops boss believes talk of a car crash campaign, which has them trailing Rangers by 15 points in the title race with just nine games to go, has been grossly exaggerated

Lennon takes his side to Ross County today on the back of a five-game winning run and has pledged to pull the blinkers on in their bid to delay a Light Blues championship success for as long as possible – with the top-six split looming next month.

With a growing clamour from Celtic fan to have the Northern Irishman removed as boss amidst an ongoing review of his performance at the club, punters point at the failure to deliver a historic 10 in a row as being non-negotiable for his future as manager.

The carnage from a possible trophyless season is clear but Lennon is adamant his team’s five-game winning run is a starting point for better days ahead, regardless of whether Steven Gerrard’s side are crowned champions.

He said: “We still have a lot of work to do and a lot of improvements to make. But it is not the unmitigated disaster that everyone makes it out to be and we want to finish the season as strongly as possible and see where that takes us.

We’re looking at every game on its own merit. We’re not setting targets.

We’re looking at the next game against Ross County. They are fighting for their lives and we can’t afford to drop points.

“We need to try to keep our run going and not worry about what’s going on elsewhere. If we take it to beyond the split, then so be it.

“To be successful here year in, year out you need to be of a certain temperament and be able to take the rough with the smooth. We are seeing that now with the good groove and it takes a bit of character to do that.

You have to try to pay no attention to the praise that you get or the criticism you get.”

12. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    I wish he would * off ...I'm sick to the back teeth of this utter *.

13. Sgt Neppers*

He's consistent...consistently spraffing bolllocks. Isn't a disaster. Who's he kidding. I'm embarrassed for him every time he speaks.

The_Bhoy and SuperZidane like this.
  14. SuperZidane

If you look at the fixture list - at best the Huns will have to wait until the 1st game after the split to clinch the league - if you listen to Lennon, he seems to see that as some sort of achievement for us which shows how low our ambitions have dropped under him.

He uses every one of these pressers to imply that he'll still be here next season which I find infuriating (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

Desmond really has contempt for the fans - there is nothing stopping him issuing a statement saying that Lennon will be leaving by mutual consent at the end of the season and stop the fans worrying at least. However, he chooses not to do so.

Perhaps he's holding off until the league is actually lost (Easter at the latest IMO). However, failure to clarify the situation at that point will really show that the fans don't matter at all to him.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  15. Dubliner1

No one is disputing the issues on the field. The point I'm highlighting is the BIAS by the Scot Gov when it comes to our club. If you can't see that then I don't know what you have reading and listening to in recent times.

16. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I can’t see it.

17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Rid neck victim pish.

The government beating us and stopping the ten. Dear * *.

That mentality makes me want to vomit and I pray the hardcore bread and butter, up the bon jovies element of our support doesn't fall for this pathetic pish.

My little pony, spineless worm nonsense to suggest anything else cost us other than our own failings this year.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  18. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    "We’re looking at every game on its own merit. We’re not setting targets."

Another just what the actual * moment from Lennon.. Glad we have no targets, thanks for clearing that up.. * *..

The Dude and The_Bhoy like this.
  19. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He's fecking delusional.

charlietully and SuperZidane like this.
  20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lennon is.

Peej and Bernie Bhoy like this.