1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Where in that post does it say things were terrible?

Where in that post does it say things are better under lennon?

2. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    [​IMG]

rumour ?

3. Big C

Let’s hope this is utter pish.

fms06 likes this.
  4. marty89

Could you tell us ranger's starting 11 and the manager for the 5-0 game so I can have a good laugh at the complete and utter lack of context.

5. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    He needs to * off who reckons "mitigating circumstances" is covid....

6. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I smell pish

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The more points Celtic eat back at rangers lead the more chance their is of him staying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Truth is probably in the middle. Our uncooperative board hastened his departure, but he was by no means a die-hard Celtic fan or anything. Ambition comes first for him.

9. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Sounds like * anaw

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE narrative of the spoilt, pampered footballer who thumbs his nose at the ordinary fan has had plenty of mileage this week, and it has to be said, there are a portion of them who seem to do their best to perpetuate the cliché.

But whether it is the five Rangers players who were found to have attended a house party or Celtic’s Boli Bolingoli jetting off for 24 hours in Spain last summer, the extreme examples of unacceptable behaviour do a disservice to the vast majority of footballers who are abiding by the rules, and indeed their clubs, who are adapting to playing during a pandemic at great financial cost.

Certainly, that is the view of Celtic manager Neil Lennon, who you sense is becoming increasingly exasperated with the tarring of the game as a whole, and particularly his club and players, with the same brush as those few individuals who have let everyone else in Scottish football down.

Lennon gave a peak behind the bubble as he lifted the lid on what lengths clubs are going to in order to keep playing football, and more importantly, in order to keep their players safe.

"I think the talk of privilege is overplayed,” Lennon said. “I think 95 per cent in football have adhered to the rules and protocols.

"The tests have been carried out at great expense by a lot of the clubs all season. It costs a lot of money to set up the stadiums, particularly ours.

"Now we take four or five coaches to games, which has changed since Dubai for some reason.

"We got tested on Friday and then we travel up [to Dingwall for Sunday’s game against Ross County] on five or six buses to stay at a hotel, which will probably be opened just for us.

"We will be in our own area and then we will travel to the stadium in five buses. Then we will travel home on five buses.

"It's brilliant having a game in Dingwall on a Sunday night at 7.30pm. That's a new one.

“Your whole normal routines, what you’ve been used to over the years, are totally different, totally changed. And obviously there is that disconnect sometimes when you are travelling together and then you’re travelling separately, four or five people on a massive 52-seater.

“It is strange, but I’m not complaining about it, I’m happy that football’s going ahead. The players’ health and well-being has been really important as well, and it has provided a lot of talking points and debate, and plenty of interest for the public who can’t be at the games.”

One of the main talking points among Celtic supporters right now, at least in a positive sense, is the form of midfielder David Turnbull, whose stunning goal against Aberdeen on Wednesday evening gave his side their fifth win on the bounce.

Lennon is fulsome in his praise of the youngster, who discussed his own ambitions of making the Scotland squad for the European Championships this summer after the win over the Dons.

“That would be a question for Steve Clarke and his backroom team,” said Lennon.

“He’s done very, very well. He’s got a good return of goals already for a lad who has just come into the squad really.

“He started playing consistently since October. There are still some things he needs to improve on in his game, but considering he was out for a whole year, the way he has come back has been remarkable really.

“We’re absolutely delighted with the progress he’s making, and we’re just hoping he continues in the same vein and keeps working on the things he needs to work on.

“As a pro and as a boy, he’s been tremendous, and he’s had a great time of it since he got into the team.

“He’s very low maintenance, very much like your (James) Forrests, your McGregors, your (Scott) Browns.

“He’s another good Scottish talent in the squad which is always welcome.

“His goal [against Aberdeen] was superb. From the goalkeeper to Callum (McGregor) – who I thought had a great game the other night – and then the finish was magnificent.

“He’s a really good finisher David, and he was unlucky with one in the second half that just sat up for him really.

“He gets himself into good positions, he drifts in there, and he’s a bit different from normal midfield players these days.

“He’s a ‘late run into the box’ type, and when he’s in there, he finishes like a striker. And technically he’s a very good player.

“He’s had a bit of catching up to do with the season lost, but he’s doing that in a big way this year.

“It augurs well, but whether it’s enough for him to get into the Scotland squad, I can’t answer that.”

11. StevieBhoooy!

White noise... :drag:

12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I remember being at the Hibs 2-2 game at home that season. The atmosphere was pretty * venomous. Maybe because my cousin nearly came to blows with one of the GB crew.

13. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Put me in a real * crisis mentally. Love us winning. But I hate him getting more and more secure in a job....the *.

14. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Everyone mentioned has credentials. If they take literally everything out of Lenny’s hands we could be onto something.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Away fans shouldn’t be in 111. You deserved all you got.

At least I hope you were away fans. Why else would you be boxing with your own?

16. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That interview...

He genuinely thinks covid has only affected us doesn’t he?

This constant excuse machine even though covid has affected every team on the planet.

Just * button it Neil.

17. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Wasn’t us doing the boxing. Nor did we do anything wrong. You don’t understand the intricacies of the situation so you’re not best placed to pass judgement on it.

18. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Ah I see. The intricacies of fighting at the fitbaw. You’re right, my 4 Standard Grades won’t be enough to comprehend such intricate math.

19. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Math doesn’t tend to pertain to conversation bud but yea ok. You’re right. It was silly of me to even mention it. I just wanted to share my own experience of it being quite tense in the ground at certain times in Rodgers’ second season.

20. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Everything comes down to math. I’ll even give you odds on that being the case.

Breathnach67 likes this.