1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I never really thought he had a bad delivery, probably mostly this season was he was never up the park enough when he got on the ball. We were feeding him at the half-way line and then expecting him to beat 2 or 3 men alone while running 30-40 yards and then putting a ball in. Messi wouldny even be capable of that never mind wanting it done 5 or 6 times a game.

If we fed him more like last season, where Forrest would cut in along the box and Frimpong would run into space to recieve balls in the final 3rd then he's more composed when recieving the ball, has more space and more time.

Christie playing in front of him never opened up any space and made Frimpong play deeper meaning he always had a lot to do on the ball and had to do much more running to get forward.

Liam Scales likes this.
  2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I get what you are saying but several times on January 2nd against the huns he got into superb positions with time to whip in a cross and then completely fluffed the delivery.

It's something I expect he'll improve upon but for me it is a clear drawback in his game. Although I do agree that Forrest playing ahead dragged other defenders out and gave him extra time or link up play to damage.

3. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Putting in a shift all of a sudden I see. Wee * chucked it for us months ago. Cannot be * with * like this.

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

He never chucked it. Ridiculous comment.

The Phoenix, Liam Scales and stew37 like this.
  5. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye he did.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Lol.

The Phoenix likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Good point, well made.

Mental the amount of * who think anyone performing below par must mean they’ve chucked it. Clueless.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yet the player to turn up out of shape, again, is hailed as someone who gives everything :giggle1:

The Phoenix and Officer Doofy like this.
  9. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Get out his * mate he couldny get out the door quick enough.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

“Out his *”. Haha.

He left because he got an offer from a far better team in an infinitely better league. Ajer would have done the same, but he clearly hasn’t chucked it.

Frimpong wasn’t performing to a very high level, but it’s clear as day he never chucked it. He was working his * off every game.

The Phoenix likes this.
  11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I don't agree but fair do's

12. fourleafclover

Don't think he ever chucked it with us.

Was badly exposed at times as he was being asked to be our main attack without having the proper support cover for him.
    I personally dont think he is a RB. i know that the modern day fullback must be able to attack but they should be able to defend foremost.

One thing that was the same tonight was he was again part of a back 4 that conceded 4 goals

13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    It’s not a case of players having chucked it - we have plenty of good players who haven’t suddenly become poor.

We're just terribly managed/coached and Frimpong is evidence of that. Plenty of players in the current side will go in to play at a higher level than they’re currently operating at.

The Phoenix likes this.
  14. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

No one in our squad would stay here if Bayer Leverkusen offered them the chance to play in an excellent side, in a proper football league, with an actual football coach, whilst trebling their wages.

Not one of them.

The Phoenix and KG-Henrik like this.
  15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It wasn't just out the blue though, he made it clear he wanted out weeks before.

16. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Shock he’s playing better in a better team, with actual coaches running it.

“Cannot be * with * like this”, translates to pure bitterness that someone left the club. How dare they eh.

As said before, anyone here gets an offer from Leverkusen, they are leaving.

17. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He wanted out well before Leverkusen came in for him so that excuse is a lot of *. He was rotten all season now it looks like he's got his enthusiasm back. That to me is a massive red flag.

Wish to * Lennon punted every player who wanted out at the start of the season. All keeping them has done has created a negative atmosphere that the manager had no idea how to deal with ( and even made worse).

Frimpong, Ntcham, Eddie, Christie all should have been punted, their attitude has been stinking.

18. Big els

Fav Celtic Player:
    Currently: Ajer. Historically: Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I wanna be Edouard
    What about lennys attitude!? Arguably it’s his demeanour that’s caused all the unsettling with his * tactics, poor personnel choices and bizarre subs. And don’t even get me stated on his comments after matches! If you were under that sort of management would you not be ticked off and want the * away when powers further up the tree were doin * all about it?
    A new manager with tactical nous would galvanise those same players. It’s unfortunate we have a “manager” that doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. marty89

Yeh, it right after the third time he was stretchered off for the 5th unpunished red card tackle against him.

I certainly wouldn't commit to a league that provided no protection so don't blame the wee guy one bit.

It is a common trend we will continue to see going forward that young players with a bit of skill will jump ship at the first opportunity rather than subject themselves to the on and off field abuse you have to deal with in Scotland.

'I can see my career ending here' takes on a different meaning.

20. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’d have a full house with you if we played Celtic Da Bingo.