1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Foley1888

That will be easier said than done if he is on good wages as who will want to buy him? He looks totally uninterested and ridiculously slow. The warning signs were there when he had flopped both in the Bundesliga and EPL and actually only really played as the main striker for one season at Basel. They are the only team I could see sign him but they have a decent Brazilian Cabral at the moment so don’t see it.

When you take Ajeti £5m; Klimala £3.5m and Bayo £2m that’s £10.5m on absolutely atrocious strikers in 18 months.

Klimala was £3.5m for someone who cannot control a football, it’s unbelievable how poor our scouting is. Nisbet at £200k is a superior player and he’s probably not good enough but could at least contribute.

2. Dubliner1

Not a good signing. Toney should have been here. We just need to cut our losses on Ajeti & Klimala. Who scouted these players?? That's the BIG question. Having them around is doing no one any favours

3. john2061

The amount of players that will be coming in the summer think we should bringing in a new head of recruitment as Hammond has been awful with the players he brought in .

4. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I think he would do better with Edouard out the side. His role right now seems to be trying to hold the ball in and connect the midfield. If he's played as a main striker I think we would see him at his best. Another player ruined under this management.

5. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Ajeti is no threat to the opposition,a waste of money.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  6. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Started so well looks like charlie adam was right :fear:

7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Hammond needs sacked

8. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    This was one of the questions I have about him, what type of forward is he? Aerial Target man, poacher, out and out striker? As I’ve not seen anything in him yet after half a season to say what he is, even his runs and link up play are poor. Really had hope for him.

But in saying that crosses and service to the forwards has been woeful all year round, zero cutting edge.

9. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    This guy is pish, said it from the start, unbelievable how slow he is

10. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I preferred Ciftci :giggle1:

david100825 and Sonic Reducer like this.
  11. Maestro 08

Until we have players that can get to the by line this guy will always struggle. With Forrest coming back we should see an increase in his goal return. With that his confidence will grow and a better player hopefully emerges.

Noskeil likes this.
  12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Come on man, Ciftci was awful.

13. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Hindsight is 20/20, but the whole toney is amazing I didn't buy it back when it was a look at him, 5 potentially rising to 10 for a league 1 striker did not look a good deal,

He has only ever had those 2 seasons in league 1with any significant return before that he had only ever managed double figures once, in league 2 with Northampton Town. Yes he's on * hot form and I wish we had got him but the money sounded crazy.

Nisbet I fully agree on, that was basically risk free even if you add a celtic premium and he cous us 350k it would have been a low risk move and is absolutely one we should have got

Klimala and bayo aye, we paid too much, but then never played them to even see if they were worth it.

Yes we should be seeing more from ajeti, not denying that but it's hard to tell much from this season, very few have been anything other than *, unfit and used badly

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Cheek to look * off when subbed.

He looks so far off the pace it's frightening.

Unfortunately Griffiths has been unreliable and Klimala isn't making it here either.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    I find it very difficult to assess players under the circumstances. The management setup has made some exceptionally good players (Edouard and McGregor) look very average this season.

That said - Ajeti is simply overweight and his game suffers because of it. He’s never going to be the fastest, but right now he doesn’t even carry that reactionary speed that good strikers have, and he looks exhausted early on.

Seán Mac D and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  16. JamesM09

He badly needs coached like every other player.

I can see why people are harsh on players that don’t look after their own fitness properly. It’s an opinion I can respect.

It doesn’t bother me as much because at elite level you should have coaches organising it for you.

From the clubs point of view shrugging our shoulders and blaming the player for his fitness is just lazy in itself.

17. horseshoe

Yeah, no matter how much I might get annoyed by an individual performance this is what it keeps coming back to for me, how can I really make a fair/accurate judgement on new players when we've got guys that have waltzed the league previous seasons looking a complete shadow of themselves in the current setup, our issues are much deeper and it's filtering through everything. These players aren't suddenly bad just because they don't care or can't be arsed.

People on here wanting half the squad sold in the summer are jumping the gun imo.

18. stew37

Aye, as many have said previously, I think it's unlikely that all these players have just become *. I wouldn't underestimate the impact Lennon is having.

19. TheHappyLoss

Think that bit is the issue. How anyone can say Griff is overweight and not comment about this guy is beyond me

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Jeffrey

I don’t see much in him at all. A big money striker should come in and play their game under any circumstance. Blame Lennon, blame the players around him, blame the system...

IMO there’s no excuses, he has not been anywhere near good enough.