1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I pretty much agree with every word of that

2. jambo_cfc

yeah i would agree with that , i dont think there is a chance we will win the league now but with the huns stumbling recently to hamilton and just scrapping wins just now i think the board when they said they dont they want to be hastie maybe think there is a slim chance that the hunsmight stumble compared to a few weeks ago . If we win the two old firm games then its 9 points with 8 more games outside the old firms that they could slip up on ! Annoucing lennon will be going might rock the boat a little but then again could install a boost to some players. Tell ye what thoughif rangers drop mor points in the next two games before the old firm then there * might collapse

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    They only need to win 4 more games even they won't blow that

4. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'd be more inclined to think it's to do with media shenanigans. They're desperately trying to keep a lid on things as the fans have already been rioting, and they know any slight perceived negativity will be pounced on by the media and fans will be more than willing to ride the train.

No matter what pish is being spouted by the board or management, they canny come out and publicly throw the towel in. It just doesn't work like that. So be prepared for more glossing over poor performances by Lennon...but they ALL know big changes are needed.

5. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

The very fact that he is still the manager today is already one of the most surreal situations in football history.

For me it can mean only 1 of 2 possible reasons.
    1 - We can't afford to pay him off. If this is the case the sum involved would be the same now as it would be at the end of the season or even as it would have been 2 months ago.
    2 - They are genuinely of the opinion he can turn this around in time for the start of next season. They are, possibly(?), aware of the need for a high turnover in playing staff in the summer and with a new ceo incoming also, want to retain some form of continuity.

Either way he is here for some time yet imo, and the board are, as you say, relying on the blind faithful.

6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Reason 3- nobody good is lined up. Lawwell discarded applications of managers interested in the job 2 years ago, and Rodgers will be contacted by anyone who is remotely interested in the post now. After that conversation, any good manager will run away and never look back.
    We could get Jack Ross, I guess. Definitely sub-par, of course.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm going for (what I hope is more simple and obvious) the 3rd choice:

They've known since this time last year lawwell was on the way out, they've sounded out guys like McKay back then and new a change in structure and outlook was coming.
    By the time the season was finally cemented as being * (start of December when they admitted they needed a "review") they've then decided just to let the season run its course and allow the new CEO to get a complete clean slate.

They can't use the money excuse (to be fair they haven't), it just isn't remotely true. Even clubs in 100s of millions of debt can change their manager, it's not an issue for us to do so as well.

The weird declaration of a "review" is just baffling, never in my days had I heard of a club doing it like this, specially ours.
    The only thing I can think is that, like above, they knew a restructure was coming and figured this was a stalling tactic that eventually would show results regardless (because at the end of the review, new guy and structure was always going to change).

I'll admit though, I'm being optimistic on this one, which is a surprise because this season I've been one of the main posters on here to kick anyone from the laptop operator to Desmond himself

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

8. ddub11

Perhaps he is on a bonus if we get the 10(we wont)and if he is sacked before it is mathematically impossible the board will have boken the contract and will have to pay out the bonus.

Where as if they wait till its impossible to make the the 10(we cant catch hun, league over) and then sack him they wont have to pay him any bonus.

Imo that the most likely scenario if they have any intention of sacking him,if that doesnt happen(sacked once it becomes impossible to catch them)then i can only presume he,s here for next season.

honda likes this.
  9. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

That is all entirely plausible, and similar scenarios have crossed my mind. The only reason I haven't listed anything like this course of action is because I don't think its sensible. If he is to be dispensed with at any time, and we have any candidates lined up, then it should have been done in January or December. Let a new man get the lay of the land, identify targets, who he wants to keep etc. To wait until summer is almost like entirely writing off next season before its even began. New ceo, new management and the scale of the onfield rebuild required would make it, essentially a complete transitional season.

If that is what the plan is and they expect it to all come together over one summer window then they are even more incompetent and delusional than they appear.

seanm and Peej like this.
  10. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed. Nothing but hysteria.

11. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
  12. JamesM09

I don’t think it’s as complicated as money etc.

I think it’s as simple as Desmond has took the hump and he’s giving a ‘* you’ to the fans for having a go at him.

Just about every snippet of information you hear about the guys personality matches up with that.

If it comes to it and he keeps this up then getting Desmond out of Celtic is far more important than Celtic itself. * being at the whim of some billionaire that thinks he’s better than everyone else. I’d rather support a newco.

seanm and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  13. JamesM09

Ridiculous comment.

seanm likes this.
  14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I’d honestly say that the first game of the season v Hamilton, Ross county away second half ’ last 15 minutes at St Mirren last week AAnd obviously Lille at home are the 240 minutes of football I’ve enjoyed over the full season

15. Buster

I don't think the board were ever going to bring a new manager in mid season who would be the manager in office when we lost 10iar. I also think Lennon will leave by "mutual consent" at the end of the season and it will be announced between the huns winning the league and season ticket renewal time

Sgt Neppers*, seanm and Scotia like this.
  16. seanm

Is hestill * here.HH

Peej likes this.
  17. DamienCorkBhoy

I'd say your bang on.
    I think this will be the case also.

18. Buster

Can't get rid of him when we're on an unbeaten run :57:

19. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Good point and a distinct possibility. Again though, it's a complete dereliction of duty by board if that is the case. Both in not having a tighter contract or just letting it run, just pay any money and get rid ffs.

ddub11 likes this.
  20. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Still stuck with him if this is the case, or someone not much better.