1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Seán Mac D, Dec 5, 2020.

Discuss The Celtic Trust - Fan Ownership/Representation in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Mmm, wonder what the European restructure will look like.

Its good that they met and we have a platform for communicating, for me the new CEO should be looking to have regular meetings with the Trust and other fan groups maybe quarterly to start with, that would be a start.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye, would be * to be like Barcelona or real Madrid.

(I get your point though, but then they aren't exactly changing managers any quicker than other big clubs).

Fan ownership though isn't about having you, me and DavieBhoy67 (whoever that is) sitting in a board room deciding what size of beer fridge we want in our new games room.

It's things like the trust, where it's properly organised and ran, our collective voice is then represented by someone with actual sense, logic, and business ability to sit on a board - as a fan to represent the fans.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    JC Anton likes this.
  3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Doesn't need to be like that and doesn't need to be full ownership.

The disconnect between fans and the club is at worst for decades, we should have some sort of voice in how our club is run, the club is the fans and we're treated with contempt at times, taken for granted with no platform to voice our concerns.

That has to change for the benefit of all.

JML67 and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    So lennon stays

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Maybe having representation on the board would get the feckers to actually tackle the SFA on matters such as empolying a hun season ticket holder as the new Compliance Officer

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I don't think the Trust have any control over managerial appointments.

The board already know how unpopular he is through social media engagement, emails to JP the SLO, protests outside the ground and training complex. Repeating it at that meeting is wasted energy when it could be spent on other things.

The fans will get to have their say soon via renewals.

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Sorry, how do you take away from that, that he stays?
    Are you meaning just til end of season or for start of next?

Because I'm taking the "we can't comment on that" as the norm for "if we tell you, that's us telling you something that's not made public yet" ie. He's not staying beyond this season and to tell the Celtic trust this now, would he to tell them before Lennon was told.

The alternative would be to openly admit "yes he remains are man" if they truly did back him.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

SuperZidane and DEADEYECFC like this.
  8. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    Couple of issues I have with the answer.

"consideration has been given to this for the last few years; they have taken into account what has happened over the last few months and noted, in particular that when things are not going well there is heightened scrutiny in terms of recruitment."

Yet another insulting answer to the supporters for me.

The problems from the last few months are the effects of not progressing the club over the years. Consideration has been given over the last few years??? And its not just recruitment. Scrutiny is a good thing. It keeps people accountable for their actions. Something which those involved from the club's side, seem to think is an insult.

"some ideas and recommendations on how the club goes forward but as a club they are optimistic about the fundamentals of our club and, in their view, Celtic are a modern, progressive football club regarded as such by football in Scotland and Europe."

Modern and Progressive :56::56::56::56::56:

What are our fundamentals?

9. Tomas

So the very poor Celtic Pass is what we're getting for our season ticket money. If that's so, there will be a lot fewer issued for next season, as we're likely to be in the same position for at least part of it. A complacent board is dangerous , we could be heading for financial difficulty without season ticket money. Added value ???

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Well the trust made an * of themselves on the Lawwell returning shares idea they had.
    As for handing out free shares, as a form of refund, being a "innovative and clever solution" .. it would appear to be innovative at least.

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

The fact that they "don't know" what the added value is at this point - 11 months after selling the tickets - is ridiculous.

Basically it was one big bluff and they're making it up as they go along.

CountyDownFaithful likes this.
  12. Foley1888

They have admitted they thought fans would have been back by October so basically never even bothered planning for any other scenario including the one we are in. That is negligence of the highest order and reeks of complacency.

I am actually getting fed up reading how great a job some of these have done from the Media. Also sick of hearing the views of finance expert Kieran McGuire who seems to ever increasing love twisting facts to make a story that fits his spin. I used to quite like his stuff too.

13. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

It's worse than negligence, it's sneaky as *.

If you don't think there will be any need for any "added value" or aren't giving it any though, don't claim it on a renewal form to dupe supporters.

Symptomatic of a bigger problem with the board. No honesty, no transparency, no fan engagement.

The Dude likes this.
  14. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It was a bluff in the hope that stadiums would be open by December.

Now they’re going to have to offer a discounted price for next season’s renewals

15. The Dude

I think that their argument would be that supporters effectively purchased those shares with the £15m-£20m shortfall in the value of season tickets.

I know that you will know more about the financial implications of that than most people, but it seems to me that there is, at least, a moral justification for it. Supporters have invested a huge amount of money in the club this season, and have received very little value in return: offering supporters a say, however small, in how the club is run, in recognition of the fact that they have sustained the club during a painful period for the club and many supporters, seems reasonable enough to me. Perhaps, that is an oversimplification of the situation though.

Is there a workaround that does not involve shares?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
    Seán Mac D likes this.
  16. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Nah mate we bought ST not shares the same as we do every season. We also knew there was a pandemic and tbh even last summer the likelihood of large gatherings being allowed was, at best, a long shot.
    As for the implications am afraid I'll leave that for the trust to work out and advise on seeing as they came up with an innovative and clever solution.. that may or may not see free shares being created and handed out perhaps the trust might ask Pete to dish out those ones he has .. oh that's right he paid for them.
    I've said before about the problems any fan rep will face should there ever be a fan rep from the trust, or any other body, become involved in board meetings of a plc.
    I'm pretty sure the board will offer something merch discounts etc and something linked to a discount on a renewed ST, imo, or that's what I would look at initially anyway mate as cash refunds for this season could create a problem.

The Dude likes this.
  17. oh bhoy

It will probably be a discount on next seasons tickets in a desperate attempt to keep the numbers up

18. CountyDownFaithful

From those meeting notes, it seems like we are being run by amateurs.

No substance in their responses or statements. They are quite clearly making this up as they go along and are desperately trying to buy time.

They had months to prepare a virtual ST package. Failed. They have had months to sack Lennon. Failed.

As it stands, there is no hope for next season with these clowns in charge.

19. SuperZidane

I'm not impressed with their replies in general but they were quite right not to comment on Lennon's future.

It is not their place to do so and nothing can be read into that.

I still believe he'll be away after this season and it will be announced before that.

However, if they had said something at this meeting, it would have been in the papers the next day and the club would have taken yet another public pounding for a lack pf professionalism.

Peej likes this.
  20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thoughts and prayers are with Mr Low, on the resignation of his close friend and associate Mr Neil Francis Lennon.

Neither he nor his tweets are a good luck for the Trust, an organisation pushing for ‘change’. Usual fae the usual

Valhalla likes this.