1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. john2061

This board is not fit for purpose and they should be acting what's best for the club .
    With all the turn around in the squad going to happen at the end of the season then we need to get the new manager in soon so he can look at the players .
    Is the board going to wait till June and bring someone in and with champions League qualifiers only 6 weeks later that would be mental and with players leaving it could cost us again as the board have sat on their hands all this time .

2. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Just read that statement now. Typical corporate mumbo jumbo bullshit saying nothing, except keep geeing us yur money.

3. Jeffrey

We don’t want to make any rash decisions...

It’s been 4 months you stupid *.

seanm, Rydo1888*, JamesM09 and 4 others like this.
  4. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

The people preaching about togetherness are the same mob that stuck a barricade up to keep you out.

Taking the moral high ground over ‘rash decisions’ when they hastily appointed a complete basket case of a manager in a shower at Hampden.

They don’t really do irony do they?

seanm, scuzzy, JamesM09 and 3 others like this.
  5. john2061

Get them all to * couldn't run a stall at the barras .

seanm and JamesM09 like this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

As of January this year, we have been knocked out of every competition that we have entered. And I say January instead of February because the league was over when we lost at Ibrox - some could easily argue it was lost before that. The rest of the season is pointless. Months of meaningless football with a manager in charge that no one wants.

Not only were we knocked out of the CL, EL and SC, we were embarrassed in each competition. Hungarian minnows beat us at Parkhead after some calamitous defending which really set the tone for our season. Hammered by Sparta’s C team. Unbeaten cup run brought to an end by relegation favourites Ross County at Parkhead.

On the other side of the City, they’re 4 games from stopping 10IAR, undefeated in the league and Europe and they’re gearing up for a Last 32 Europa League tie. Bear in mind, they’ve done this on a smaller budget with less resources.

Let that sink in for a second and then ask yourself how the Board ask supporters to stay patient and stay together? They refer to not making hasty decisions as if this situation hasn’t been manifesting for over 4 months. I’m not accepting Lawwell being replaced as positive ‘change’ because by all accounts he was retiring at the end of this season anyway. McKay coming in is basically a forced change. I want Bankier replaced, I want Lennon gone, I want a DOF in, I want a new management and coaching team, I want a modern recruitment and scouting network.

If they want to treat us as customers then I will treat them like any other business I would buy from. If I’m not satisfied with the product or service, I won’t be back. That is from someone who class themselves as a ‘hardcore’ supporter. This blind loyalty needs to stop because it doesn’t benefit the Club at all.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2021
    seanm, The Phoenix, JamesM09 and 3 others like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Nail on head.

Last part is key as well.

This board, just like the one in the 90s are parasites and leaches.

The only difference between the two is that this current board have set it up in a smarter way to take money out the club while we all think they are honest men in comparison.

Lawwells pay has increased more than ten times since he took the job, but fat bonuses every year (deferred or not). Lennon is paid a small fortune seemingly near enough what Rodgers was getting.

And they do this, because they know the fan base is much like every other football fan base, loyal to the core and fickle as *.
    And I count myself in that as well.

They know (and this has been that * lawwells * mantra for decades) that they only need to do the bare Minimum, just enough to entice the fans and we will part with our cash.

I'm afraid to say, too many in our support are too * fickle and short sighted that they will yet again get away with this.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

seanm, oh bhoy and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  8. saltire78

Like * have the huns spent less than us and used less resources. They've * through money without concern at all, racking up ever bigger debts and 'soft loans' as they go. Similarly, there's no * chance Lennon is on Rodgers level wages. Very lucky if it's half that, and probably mostly bonus related.

Other than that, pretty much right on the money with everything else you're saying...

Only 'positive' I can offer up for the board is that they didn't chicken out and 'covid19' the figures, refusing to release them, like the huns did and they had a legal option to. Not that it's worth much, but at least they run a good business, if not a football club

Sydneysider likes this.
  9. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    They're a bunch of * tight *...
    That's what our board are....failing on all accounts from a strong position....and that includes stamping them *'s into the * soil...for good.

seanm, saltire78 and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  10. CountyDownFaithful

It really is a travesty how pathetic we have been both on and off the pitch during what should have been a truly historic season for the us. Don’t think we’ve been top of the league since match day 1.

Not only have the monkeys overtaken us domestically but look at the success they are having in Europe as well. Even at the height of our recent dominance, we never qualified for the last 16 of the Europa and they are probably going to do it in consecutive seasons.

It just underlines how incompetent our board are and how they never maximised our position of strength. It’s criminal how much we have regressed - it makes them look 10x better than they actually are.

seanm, The Phoenix and DamienCorkBhoy like this.
  11. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

I've stated on here that I think there will be massive changes and that the board know their time is up. Think maybe it was just wishful thinking, as this guy is a personal friend of John Paul Taylor, and is laying it out bare that the suits do not give one single *.

I was clinging onto a thread of hope but it's now unravelled. How can this be where we are at? :54:

12. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    No intention of a reduction of season tickets for next season. And "in their view, no rights for refunds this season" and " no clarity on added value of the current season ticket"

As to the latter, like everything else. No contingency plan. Hoped to appease with the subscription deal for the Cup Game on Premier Sports

Another day. Another load of instances where those in higher places of the "modern and progressive" Celtic FC have been shown up for their absence of proper process and decision making and taking.

Double Dutch likes this.
  13. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Just read that thread there. Scary stuff how badly this is being dealt with. Without fans again at start of next season I think it’ll be much the same at board and management level. Difference is we will probably have a worse playing squad. Only interest the board will have this summer will be to try and sell the players for as much as they can.

Double Dutch likes this.
  14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I think they are putting all their eggs in the 'big European shake up' basket, which is 3 * years away apparently. They are procrastinating because they believe in 5/10 years time we might be in a better position financially.

It really is all about the dollars for these scum bags. I swear I would rather be * and play on a public park than have these royalist tory * continue to make our club a laughing stock on the park so they can smoke cigars and drink 80 year old scotch in a boardroom.

Sickens me to the core.

15. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It is a scary thought mate, the financial and emotional investment the fans put in to have it thrown back in our face and waved away like riff raff. Who are the fannies eh?

Luis1967 likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Saw someone a few days ago mention this, we are just customers and we need to start treating this board as a business as well. If I am not happy with the service they provide or the content they supply, I will take my custom elsewhere.

Plenty of other football on show out there and as much as it would pain me, I do have emotional attachments to other clubs in this world. I'll happily spend money on new shirts and merch elsewhere, even take the effort and time to make a dedicated trip out to watch games.
    This board remains as is - even with the new man - they can rightly get the * out of my bank account. No * chance this board are getting another penny from me, and slowly any more attention if they are going to treat the fans like this. Absolute contempt for the support, their customer, who * built this club so that these fat * can make a pretty penny out of us.

Every single one of them want to talk the good game about a Celtic family, good values, modern, progressive. They can * right off. Not one of them give a * while we are lining their pockets.

This board is no different to that of the 90s under the Whites and Kellys of before.
    The only difference is this shower of utter * have the cheek to try and pretend everything is above board by using the PLC tag. They are * taking this club for a ride, lining their own pockets with inflated wages, bonuses and gifting * shares to each other.

Time for the rebels to step up!

oh bhoy and Double Dutch like this.
  17. SuperZidane

I think I'm correct that Desmond has taken money out of the club in dividends each year he's been the majority shareholder. Lawwell also has made a fortune in salary/bonus/dividends.

I have never had any doubt that Desmond regards Celtic as one of the assets in his financial empire and nothing more.

He depends on fans being "faithful through and through" and continuing to buy STs and merchandise.

I couldn't just walk away from Celtic but I will certainly not spend any money at all on the club until we know what's happening with Lennon and (hopefully) a new manager.

There's a big difference between being "faithful through and through" and allowing someone who clearly holds you in contempt to * down your back and tell you its raining.

Peej likes this.
  18. James Gold Member Gold Member

Don't rush in to any decisions you might regret

Keano88 likes this.
  19. Sgt Neppers*

Right arseholes. You've made your point. Now end this nightmare before it does any more damage to our reputation. Sack him now. He should be unemployed before he arrives back in Glasgow.

20. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    They are as guilty if not more now than Lennon.

seanm, Wee Baldy and Bonobhoy like this.