1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sgt Neppers*

Knowing and seeing how the board operates that scarily might be true. Wins like last night give false hope of moving in the right direction.

But, if your making all the right changes of the park in terms of CEO, DOF and scouting etc. It would be absolutely foolish and brain dead maneuvere to keep the biggest problem in place. Also against the vast majority of your paying customers wishes. Lennon is never going to improve as a coach, nor is he going to improve any player at Celtic, that's not in his repertoire.

It's a stupid and reckless move to leave Lennon in charge, but like the appointment of CEO, nobody knew that was coming. I suspect the same of the new head coach.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
    SuperZidane likes this.
  2. SuperZidane

It is completely pointless to remove Lawwell, appoint a new CEO, a possible DoF and keep a rubbish manager who has refused to accept any responsibility for this shitshow of a season.

You are correct - Lennon will never improve (because he thinks he's a great coach and when things go wrong, its never his fault). His "hairdryer" methods are out of date, our fitness levels are *, he will not improve any players and his tactical ability in the modern game is zero.

I have little time for Dermot Desmond but I don't think he made his money by being stupid - and keeping Lennon/Kennedy/Strachan/Hammond in any roles associated with the first team is a really stupid idea.

I still (possibly foolishly) anticipate Lennon going at the end of the season.

If he's still here next season and people choose to renew season tickets/buy merchandise - that's up to them. However, I'm not interested in hearing their complaints when we are * again next year.

3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Well technically we are moving in the right direction with 3 wins on the trot. The reality is though that we’ve been in reverse for * months, so any movement in the “right direction” is * pointless if you’ve been lapped 3 times.

4. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I'm pretty sure Lennon will be gone at the end of the season.

I'm thinking the board are basing it all on season tickets, replacing Lennon now and new manager comes in and is there for losing the league and possibly coming up short against that lot it may have a knock on effect to ticket sales.

Removing him at end of season and possibly with a delayed season book renewal end date could be when they announce a new man to trying and push up sales.

Not sure if this has already been said BTW, so apologies if so.

5. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    See Clarke being touted again, lazy journalism? At the stage where I just want Lennon out and someone new in.

6. joemc

These rumours are looking like there could be something in it , the only thing I would say is ,we as fans seem caught in a time gone by wer pure attacking football got you there , the game has changed in to many ways to mention and our fans don't want to adapt to it .
    We have had better European campaigns using more defensive type managers ,fact , obviously since Lisbon lions before it gets mentioned .
    Wot I'm trying to say is we have to learn to be defensive and be able to sit in , it opens up the whole pitch to attacking options by doing so , and with quick fwd players your set up well , so Clark for me is a good shout but one that will not be given a chance by fans .

7. Dazza

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Not replacing Lennon early is a major * up, not only in terms of this season but next season too. With the Euros this summer the new man will come in and have no time with the majority of the squad to work on tactics etc. We'll be lucky to get through to even the Europa League groups...

8. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Neil McCann

NakamuraTastic, Heb Celt and Hammy89 like this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Can't see it with the Euro's coming up..

Wouldn't excite anyone but the majority would take him in a heartbeat just now..

10. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    No chance Clarke will be manager, ho couldn't handle it. Mind he was nearly greeting on TV after the sectarian abuse he got from the Huns. Fair play to him for pointing it out, but it would be 10x worse if he was to be Celtic manager

11. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    November I was all for taking him to see out the season. To try and get us some shape, organise the team and just motivate them better. Probably would have worked.

Now? No. Clarke is not the answer long term and we are now beyond the point of trying to salvage a season, all focus must now be on the future and next season.

Not that I expect this current board and setup to give two * about next season any more.

12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Steve Clarke should have been the man we appointed immediately after Brendan left & he would have delivered the 10, he had Gerrards number at Killie but the clueless * on the board preferred to plump for the sacked Hibs manager instead.

NakamuraTastic and Wee Baldy like this.
  13. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Could it be they have a new manager lined up and ready to go at the end of the season ? Lennon takes the blame for this season and the new guy starts anew at the end of the season ? Would explain Lennon's recent press interviews where it looks like he knows his time is up and is just bumbling on regardless until then.

DonnyCelt and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  14. Celtic_renard News Writer News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Bit of a mad shout but what about Chris Davies? Worked under Rodgers at us and clearly knows the inner workings of the club.

He must be ready to make the step up to management and would come with all the professionalism of BR.

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He certainly seemed to know the game and always spoke well about tactics but he's still a very young guy (35)

It would be a massive gamble for us to give it to him when it's our biggest rebuild job in years.

Personally I'd prefer a safer pair of hands while the rest of the club undergoes structural changes in terms of a DOF, Scouting, Academy, Analysis.

Once the structure is in place and we've hopefully wrestled back our dominance in Scotland then I'd feel better about taking a risk with an up-and-coming coach.

The huns went 2 trophyless seasons with a rookie in charge but they were fortunate that we made a balls up of UCL qualification for the last 3 years. Now that the coefficient has risen and it's either a play-off or automatic entry, we can't afford to let the huns bank that cash for the next few seasons while we rebuild.

Winning next year is absolutely crucial, if we don't then we could be ceding financial superiority.

16. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Nah doubt he will leave BR anytime soon

17. ddub11

Should have got big Mck mc carthy up here, either way at this stage im beginning to think this thread should be closed,its looking like our new man will be our old manager....lennon.

18. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    A poster on KDS says he works with one of Dom McKays friends. Told him he's defo looking at a DOF and a new manager :39:

ddub11 likes this.
  19. fms06

The way I see it.......we have threads on DoF and potential new manager.....alot of quality managers will not work under a DoF.....our new manager will be sounded out, asked about a DoF thoughts and will be decided on that....
    Traditional managers want the final say on everything football wise and not have to run it past a DoF for a Yah or Nay....

It's all if's and buts these threads, with the plc treating us like monkeys......Where is the review? Cnuts!

20. Mr Diggler

I think the more things linger the more I become convinced Steve Clarke will be the next boss. I think Lennon will stand down in May and we will embark on a recruitment process lasting 5-6 weeks which will see us appoint Clarke after Scotland's last euro game- so he takes over then on 1st July. I think Eddie Howe will go to Crystal Palace- that looks a certainty. Rafa is a non starter I feel. There will be a revolt if its Kennedy. Clarke would be a Strachan type appointment- he would make us well organised and would be a safe pair of hands.