1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    * * , how do ye petrol bomb a tweet?

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    No might about it.

And no matter what success we have had in the recent past, does not excuse this disaster of a season.
    Nor does Neil's previous abuse from other sections of Scottish society absolve him of being called out for what he is, and has done this season to our club.

SuperZidane likes this.
  3. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Mate that stuff comes with being a celtic fan. A lot of us go through just even having a Catholic name, even now! My name is Patrick and I'm tarred with the brush of being a Catholic etc. The man was adored here and still is by many and woulda been adored even further if.....he said in maybe November time....maybe? "Look I tried my best, its not working and I'll stay till someone comes in" that's all he had to do. Now he's just coming across as a self centred daftie. Still a legend in my eyes but it's being diluted as days go on. (Bit * so excuse some grammar etc)

4. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

It’s hilariously terrifying :giggle1:

5. SuperZidane

Certainly - he is and always has been arrogant. Nothing is ever his fault and he cannot accept any criticism.

He's not stupid and is fully aware of the impact of these remarks.

They are meant as a * You to the fans who criticise him (that would be 99.5% of us).

6. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye * all do with the board ,,,,,, they chose him

7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Has everything to do with the board and Neil.

8. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I was being sarcastic

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

“We”

“We’re”

“The big two”

Neil Lennon when talking about refereeing standards that have affected us, not them. When talking about trial by TV that has affected us, not them. There’s no “we” Neil, only us. Or Celtic fans I should say. Remember us?

Fully expect him to be giving it the “old firm” patter if he is still in charge in the run up to the next hun game.

Not sure why it’s this that has broken me but I’m * furious with that interview today.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

You're at it. * Lennon and * people that hit out with the pish I've just read there.

Why do some people go on as if we should be thankful to have him? He's been well paid as a player and a manager. He should be thanking the club for giving him two stints as manager when he really didn't deserve the chance either time. We're talking about a guy who has put money before the club he supports. He's been happy to * the 10 and make us a laughing stock at Europa League level, as long as he gets his paycheck.

And there's no "might" about losing the league this season. It was done by the start of January for * sake.

11. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

* still trying to defend him ffs :56:

Boring old pish.

Peej likes this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    So in the space of 24 hours...

- We were powerful, strong, quick and utterly ruthless against the mighty St Mirren
    - Sevco are hard done by
    - 10IAR would have been in the bag if we had Forrest.

Tune in tomorrow for Neil's breakdown on how Q-Anon is exposing the martian colonials that have brain washed people into believing the earth is round and that tactics in football actually matter.

This will be followed by a new Neil Lennon calendar release for the Lunar New Year, featuring Neil in such iconic poses, such as Neil microwaving a fork, Neil standing at a bus stop sucking brown sauce off his fingers after scratching his hole, Neil power hosing Pete's driveway in a mankini, and Neil helping the fight against global warming by battering penguins with a bag full of coal.

Guy is complete * zoomer.

Any day now I'm expecting to watch his head to crack open like an egg and a miniature , shrivelled up Katie Hopkins try to claw her way out to get at the microphone.

13. SuperZidane

The last bit is total BS.

I well remember the Liam Brady and Macari years so this is not my first rodeo.

I think Celtic fans are smart enough to know that we won't win the league every year - that's football.

A lot of fans didn't want Lennon back and in the last 2 years, we have gone massively backwards.

This season we have been a laughing stock for most of the time and Lennon has been a total embarrassment.

IMO we could have had a go at the league if Lennon had gone in October.

Lawwell is also responsible and he's going.

People aren't angry because we will lose the league - its because Lennon is a * manger who takes responsibility for nothing and who is taking our club backwards with every passing day.

14. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Before stein came in 1965 jimmy mcgrory was the manager for 20 years and we only had 2 in our history before that so we didn’t have a lot of rank manager s as previous 2 Maley and mcstay were fairly successful, you are right Lennon has had a lot of abuse from the Huns no one is disagreeing with that, it’s the fact that his comments are saying that rangers are basically unfairly scrutinised cause they’re a big club- a team that haven’t had a player sent off- a team that haven’t conceded 1 penalty, would be bad enough Gerrard saying that but as McGuire says after the * hes went through at their expense and he’s seen the almost laughable biased decisions the Huns have got or got away with in his 20 years he’s been here to come out with comments like that are beyond forgivable- people aren’t totally raging at him just because we’ve lost the league- a was a season ticket holder through the 90s but no manager got anywhere near the abuse he’s getting because they were just bad manager s got the usual, get rid of the them as fans do but his comments and attitude towards the fans have been disgraceful, you say he won trophies at Celtic so we should all be grateful, after that latest comment that s on par with saying we should be grateful to Mo Johnston for winning cups and leagues for us

guys been an absolute disgrace, formation s, selections, arrogance, disrespecting fans and his own players in interviews or going the opposite way and saying we were outstanding after losing and conceding 4 goals, but that latest comment sticking up for that mob is the worst yet

Wee Baldy and The_Bhoy like this.
  15. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Every time I see him on the TV I'm spewing..

To come out with that about the Huns is outrageously trolling our support.

When he wins a game...it's for himself he's pleased for ...not the support.

Huns were right on one aspect of NL... he's a horrible man.

16. davidhannah

I can barley watch the football. I'd rather watch 2 minute highlights of the goals on YouTube than a full 90 minutes at the moment with Lennon still at the wheel and no fans. Once the Scottish Cup and the old firm games start they'll be the only games worth watching. 4-0 against ST Mirren despite the finesse it's no fun. We need a fresh start.

seanm likes this.
  17. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Perfectly put pal

seanm and Slater67 like this.
  18. ddub11

Best thing for him is to hope fans are never allowed back in the ground.

seanm likes this.
  19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Honestly, I'm questioning if he ever was a Celtic fan?
    Like seriously, he can't have been one of us before he came here. Starting to think he milked the * out of it.
    Because no true Celtic fan disrespects fellow fans as much as he has (as a manager) and no Celtic fan at all down plays the importance of this season.
    No Celtic fan either would stick through this season that only he has to take the blame for.

I honestly don't think he was a Celtic fan now.
    In the same way many others have came here (or not) and claimed the Celtic link, but the reality was it's just a romantic sound bite for some kudos.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

The Phoenix likes this.
  20. richie87 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jonny Doyle
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I think peoples anger towards Lennon is a two fold shock factor, 1. how could we go down hill so badly in a season were it meant so much to us the fans how could a manager of his background not understand that this season was monumental in our history and that all personal pride and ego should have been put aside and the team working together as one to achieve the main goal 10IAR.

2. I can understand the loses to scum I’ve seen us through the last 50 years playing them off the park and still end up losing 1-0 or some * ref giving them dodgy decisions, nothing has changed in the 50 years I’ve been going to games it’s just more scrutinised now due to better tv coverage and social media. However the results against the other teams Ross county, Livingston etc is disgraceful at best and blatantly incompetent. The one thing I always hung onto watching Celtic was that no matter the result the players would be trying as hard as they could because the understood how important this was to the fans
    This season was for the fans in my opinion we care more about ten in a row than the club, their concern is finance and marketing yes it’s good to make history but if the books balance and a profit is there they still see it as a successful year. We on the other hand have been building up to this season for the last 5 and that’s what is shocking us how badly we capitulated how there isn’t even a challenge, we know they slime will get decisions every game from hun refs we don’t need to endorse there cheating so instead of highlighting there plea he should say nothing.

The_Bhoy and seanm like this.