1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Greg Taylor

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Greg Taylor in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Played well today was everywhere

Mickmac and Sydneysider like this.
  2. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good game the day, happy to have him around the place

Sydneysider likes this.
  3. celtic20

Gets his critics, but superb today and great on Tuesday night for me too. Has a great delivery on him when he's on his game.

Mickmac likes this.
  4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Was surprised he was subbed as thought he was having a good game. Didn't look injured either.

5. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    He always gives 100% however, his final cross and his annoying habit of passing back and/or not taking his man on is his downfall

Sydneysider likes this.
  6. stew37

Best player on the park aside from the immense Welsh. Peoples main complaints about him are his delivery and some of his crosses were first class. Pushed up the park well today linking up with the forward players and did basically all his defensive stuff fine. Still saw folk calling him dugshite today, reckon he's just an easy target. Can be happy with his performance.

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Fitness levels, he did look tired, but the whole team are suffering with their fitness over 90 minutes.

8. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

He's better than Laxalt

9. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He's our best left back and yet he's terrible.

A real problem.

10. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Taylor had a very good game today, I much prefer him over Laxalt, For what it would cost to bring in Laxalt permanently does he give anything more than Taylor? I dont think so. Taylor defends far better, has a better awareness around him and better positional sense.
    Laxalt is quicker and has more skills to his locker but his defending, positional sense is sometimes non existent.

Both have very weak and inconsistent final ball, for every good cross in there is prob 4 that are very poor, even hitting the first defender. At 23 this is something that Taylor can get better at with a better coach, if he is to be a wing back he has to hit the bye line more instead of cutting in and get those balls crossed much quicker. He has time on his hands. Where as Laxalt is 28, has worked with better coaches than Lennon but still has poor delivery, poor positional awareness and is guilty of diving in giving cheap fouls away when it is not necessary. If Laxalt hasnt made the grade at 28 ( tomorrow) I dont think he ever will.

blackfish likes this.
  11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Yes, he was good today. Strikes me as an honest player, will always put in a shift.
    But for me, he is so limited going forward.

Sydneysider likes this.
  12. jambo_cfc

laxalt gives away to many needless fouls ! The thing rangers have in the fullbacks is they can cross a ball very well and barasic and tavernier must have a high percentage of their assists ! With our full backs its just hit and hope , lustig and tierney always looked for a player and the strikers knew they would aim for the penalty spot. ! Frimpong , taylor and laxalts are shocking for professional footballers ! Although i like the two up top i think when forrest is back we need to revert back to 4231 as it will allow forrest and moi to get in behind! With turnbull playing behind eddie that would give us a willing runner to get into the box to support

13. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Taylor could be a very good player if he had the right coaching. In fact you could say that about all of our squad. If we get a decent manager and his backroom team in we could see Taylor flourish i reckon.

Mickmac and TonyTim like this.
  14. made in ireland

He’s horrendous.

He looks like he’s won a raffle to play. Should be nowhere near a club like Celtic.

david100825 and murphy88 like this.
  15. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    What did Bain and Barkas win?

ddub11 likes this.
  16. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I like Taylor and want him to do well. But he's just an example of the imbalance and lack of complementary players in the squad.

His refusal to even attempt going on the outside or to the byline is very frustrating. Just another player who doesn't or isn't a threat in 1v1 situations, where you can make a difference in the attacking areas against teams who defend deep. Every cross comes from in front of the defence (flat delivery or always curling away from goal). To be effective, it has to be an exceptional delivery. And it rarely is. Makes our play predictable

Defensively, the better of the options available. But when he plays, we need someone in front of him and to combine with. And that would also require a change in formation.

17. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Totally agree. Any defender he comes up against must know he isn't going to take him on the outside which makes him very limited and easy to play against. However, I like anyone who gives 100% which he always does, so maybe with the guidance of a new manager he might improve on his faults

18. murphy88

That is the harsh reality of it. He isn't alone either.

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

People are exaggerating a ridiculous amount. He's not amazing but he's not THAT bad

cammy07 likes this.
  20. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

The Euromillions :giggle1:

Wee Baldy likes this.