1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Boot-cut :giggle1:

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    You've had a nightmare..

MacEwan likes this.
  3. davidhannah

He's here for another 13 games and the Scottish Cup. The board won't sack him despite him deserving to go. It's tragic. Really really tragic. Lennon won't succumb to bullying its impossible to break a man as strong as Neil Lennon. As much as I dislike the decision. I have been worn down into accepting he's here until the end of the season. I would have given it to Gordon Strachan for the last 20 games as Strachan is funny as * to listen to and maybe he'd boot his son in the * and tell him to get that laptop to *. And that big miserable * John Kennedy. Something to lift the * mundane stagnant pish that's emmenating from Parkhead.

Sack Lennon give it to Strachan interim. Lennon does not deserve another 2 potentially 3 old firm games. He's lost thst right. What are Celtic * playing at. * * in the board. Prawn sandwich tory *. * them.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2021
  4. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    The Celtic FC rumour mill is strongly implying that Lennon will be at the helm for the 2021/22 season. Covid-19 has saved him big time and given him a reprieve. He would’ve been away on January 2nd 2021 otherwise, imo.

5. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Me

StevieBhoooy! likes this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There isn't a single chance he'll be in the dugout at the start of next season..

I don't know what the board's game is by keeping him in it this long but i guarantee he isn't here next season..

Zero..

7. Jmac402

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What do you think will happen, McGuire? Do you think he’ll eventually leave in May by either his own volition or by mutual consent? Say, for example, he won every single game from now until the end of the season (including the huns fixtures), do you think that he would be kept on?

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    There has to be a reason why he's here..

A payoff. An agreement already behind the scene's of what's gonna happen..

I'm no sure exactly but one thing is definite. Lennon won't be here..

Seán Mac D and PiotreQ like this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I heard the same thing. I hope it's not true.

10. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I still think it'll be the payoff most likely, doesn't mean he'll get sacked exactly when they win the league mind you, but I think that's the reason.

For people worrying about him staying on next season, there is zero chance, any chance he had of staying on next season went when Lawell left, the main worry should be whether we appoint someone like Keane, Ross or Kennedy.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  11. murphy88

I don't see that happening, but if the board were contemplating leaving him in charge, the slump in season ticket sales would make them think again.

12. Ipswichbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    That covid excuse can gtf completely. If we were in with a shout in the league fair enough. Pumped in Europe there's no excuse, same could be said for all of those clubs missing fans. Went to dubai, that was our own decision and the league was realistically done by that point anyway. Good job selling season tickets if that's the thinking.

martin_d likes this.
  13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I think the best thing the Board could've done short term is just remove Lenny from the firing line, put JK in as caretaker, this is clearly taking it's toll on Lenny's health.

14. Sgt Neppers*

There's nothing to suggest anything either way. With the boards current (lack of) action and contempt of the fans you may be right. However as you say, covid may spare him, it'll certainly go against him when the fans refuse to pay up. They depend on that money more than ever now.

It's also not in the incoming CEO interests to start with a tainted person (for want of better term) in ultimately the most important persons job for a major rebuild. But these possible replacements will get jobs elsewhere if we do our usual. I'm hoping DD has stepped.up and identified his man and done a deal already. He'll be looking for the most opportune moment to cash in this good news.

It's the lack of communication that's creating a lot of the negativity currently.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    Jmac402 and SuperZidane like this.
  15. The Dude

He has, at most, until supporters return.

Jmac402 likes this.
  16. SuperZidane

I couldn't agree more - the board are treating everyone like * here - the fans and Lennon.

Even if this payoff thing (when the league is mathematically lost) were true - it does not preclude the board + Lennon announcing that he's going at the end of the season. At this point, no more detail is required until renewals come up.

Frankly that would be better for everyone - as The Prof commented, Its clearly taking a toll on Lennon's health.

I really can't see them keeping him for next year but, the longer this drags out, the more worried fans will be about that prospect. It's possibly encouraging Lennon to think that too.

This season has been "* hour" for our club on and off the pitch. At the moment, a bit of professionalism and communication is what's required - but I fear we're looking in the wrong place for those.

Artorias and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

WHILE Neil Lennon would probably wish that the last six months had all been a bad dream, the Celtic manager is at least trying to take heed of the lessons from the experience. And chief among those is knowing who is really on his side.

The Celtic boss has taken flak from multiple directions as his team have stumbled through their tilt at a tenth consecutive title, with former teammates joining the chorus of critics lining up to stick the boot in.

Lennon will be the first to admit that such criticism has been merited at times given the poor fare being offered up by his side, but he seems unlikely to forgive or forget those who he feels have stepped over the line.

When asked what he had learned from the chastening experience of this torrid campaign for Celtic, he said: “You know who your friends are. It’s a test of you character, obviously, and you learn more about putting things into perspective, the impostors of winning and losing and finding that balance – not getting too high or too low.

“I’ve learned a little bit more about my players as well, about their characters and personalities. It’s not been a lot of fun for them at times, it’s been very difficult for them but we’re not the only ones affected by this.

“This is my first time managing during a pandemic so we’ve learned a lot from that, although I hope it won’t last for too much longer.”

A quirk of Celtic’s season to date is that their home form has been markedly poorer than their away form, something Lennon hopes can be arrested slightly when Motherwell come to Celtic Park this afternoon.

“I’ve been saying since the start of the season that it’s just not the same without the fans inside the stadium,” he said.

“We’re not exclusively affected by that – you can see it elsewhere in the UK and throughout Europe as well, although some clubs have adjusted to it better than we have.

But it’s definitely been a factor for the players and I know that I definitely wouldn’t have wanted to play matches with none of them there

You should have self-motivation but at certain times the fans can really drive you on and that definitely happened during my career and I know that was the same for many others.

“It’s been a huge loss for us this season, there’s no question of that. The fact that we’ve scored more goals away from home speaks for itself.

“Liverpool have lost their last three home games after going unbeaten for 68 so maybe they’re suffering a little bit as well but there are many, many other examples.

“It’s not the whole reason but it’s a huge part of the explanation [for the poor season]. You analyse it and we need to do that for the players going forward if it’s going to be like this next season.

“We have to adjust and adapt a whole lot better than we have done this year if that’s the case.”

Lennon has been encouraged by manner of the win over Kilmarnock on Tuesday night, with his players finally looking to be enjoying themselves on the field.

“It was good to see,” he said. “We want them to enjoy their football and express themselves.

“I think some of them have found life in the pandemic very difficult. Sometimes you can get your release through your football.

“I’m hoping that’s going to be the case until the end of the season, that they play with a vigour and a real energy about them.

“There was a lot of quality on show on Tuesday night as well.”

Ryan Christie is a doubt for the game this afternoon after picking up a knock at Rugby Park, but otherwise, Celtic have no fresh injury concerns.

18. Don Corleone

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamuraaaaaa
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Well the straws can't grasp themselves, can they?

19. SuperZidane

'“This is my first time managing during a pandemic" FFS - he said that at the AGM as well - it's bad enough that he doesn't seem to realize how unbelievably idiotic that line is - you'd think someone might have pointed it out to him.

Apart from that, the usual fare - blame players and make pandemic related excuses. It's ironic that he used empty stadiums as an excuse - IMO it's down to an empty Celtic Park on match day that he's still in the job.

The_Bhoy, martin_d and Artorias like this.
  20. RiquelmeCSC

I actually hate him - I hate what he has turned our club into. I hate that he is so blasé about losing the league. I hate that he just won’t go. I hate that he thinks everything else is the problem bar him.

I haven’t watched the last 3 games and I won’t watch another until he is gone. I’m reading this morning the huns can win the league in record time even beating how quickly we have won it in the past. I’m disgusted this has been allowed to happen.