1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Celtic Jonjoe Kenny!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Feb 1, 2021.

Discuss Welcome to Celtic Jonjoe Kenny! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic Football Club are delighted to announce the signing of Jonjoe Kenny from Everton on loan until the end of this season.

The 23-year-old defender came through the ranks at Everton and made his first-team debut for the club in a Premier League game at home to Norwich City at the end of the 2015/16 season, having spent the rest of that campaign on a successful loan move to Wigan Athletic.

The following year, he made another first-team appearance for the Goodison Park side, but by the 2017/18 season, he had become an established part of the Everton squad, making 25 appearances across all competitions, and adding to that total in the next campaign.

Last season, Jonjoe Kenny spent a season on loan with Bundesliga side, Schalke O4, making 34 appearances for the German club and scoring two goals.

Having returned to Goodison Park, he’s made eight appearances for Carlo Ancelotti’s side this season, most recently in their 3-0 FA Cup home win over Sheffield Wednesday towards the end of January.

Everyone at Celtic welcomes Jonjoe to the club and wishes him every success during his time at Paradise.

Noskeil likes this.
  2. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

3. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Whoop de * doo !

trip2themoon likes this.
  4. James Gold Member Gold Member

......... Buzzing

5. The Dude

No harm to him, but I have never cared less about a signing.

6. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I’d rather we gave a youngster a go than bringing a loanee in

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Welcome..

Hopefully does well and we maybe extend his loan for next season under a new regime..

Feel for him walking in to this..

8. The Dude

Schalke O4? :giggle1:

PiotreQ and Cumbernauld Bhoy67 like this.
  9. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    The rebuild begins.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Sounds *

11. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Welcome Jonjoe. Now just a couple of hours to get those 2 centre backs we've needed since selling Jozo...

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Poor *.

Lennon1888 likes this.
  14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
  15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :giggle1:

17. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Poor guy doesn't know what he's letting himself in for

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Poor lad coming in at the wrong time.

19. SteveyNico67

Welcome

Good luck. You’ll need it pal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Jonjoe Kenny is delighted to have joined Celtic, and with his first training session at Lennoxtown already under his belt, the defender is looking forward to the challenges ahead, which start with tomorrow night’s Premiership clash with Kilmarnock at Rugby Park.

The 23-year-old has moved to Celtic from Everton on loan until the end of the season, and once he become aware of the club’s interest, he knew it was the right move for him.

Speaking exclusively to Celtic TV, Jonjoe Kenny said: "The stature of the club and how big it is made it a decision I couldn’t turn down.

'To come up here and play my football at a club like this is perfect for me right now.'

“I want to come here and help the club first of all, and help the lads. Obviously, it’s been a bit difficult, but I just want to come here and try my best and give my all to Celtic, get out there and play and get some games for me, to show people what I can do and show my qualities.

“First of all, I enjoy playing football. I like getting the ball, playing nice football and getting forward and putting crosses in, but on the other side of that, I feel that I am aggressive, I like making tackles and just giving my all.”

The new Celt came through the ranks at Everton, and has played 48 times for the Goodison Park side. He has also had other loan spells, including a successful season with Bundesliga side, Schalke 04 last year, and he believes those experiences will stand him in good stead for the challenges of playing for Celtic.

“I know what’s coming ahead of me, what challenges I’ve got and that’s why I’ve come here,” he said. “I want to challenge myself and see how far I can take myself too.

“Going to Germany was a completely different experience – a different way of life, learning a new language and basically becoming like a German person, and it was just great. It’s another string to my bow, and all these experiences will come in handy now that I’ve joined Celtic.

“There’s a lot of history in the air and a lot of top players have come and gone from here, so it was the first day and it was just good to be involved and train with the lads.

'The lads were brilliant – people from Glasgow are similar to Scousers – so it’s been brilliant for me to come in and settle in quickly.'

“I want to be involved straight away and we’ll see what happens. I’m just made up to be here and we’ll see what happens tomorrow, but the quicker I can play, the better it’ll be for me.”