1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dominic McKay

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jan 29, 2021.

Discuss Dominic McKay in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    New CEO
    Director of football
    New manager coming in

New CEO hasn't even spoken to Lennon..

That'll do me for now :35:

Bankier out also please..

2. SuperZidane

I am very sceptical about stuff from most papers but, if there is any truth in this, its encouraging. If there has been no contact between Lennon and the new CEO (who obviously has been dealing with DD/PL for a while) that speaks volumes.

DD would obviously asked McKay about how he wanted to approach it - if a DOF has even been discussed, that's progress.

Lennon is so arrogant - I'm sure he would have said "I've consulted with Dominic .... etc" if he had. IF he has been left out of the loop - that cheers me greatly.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Yeah always sceptical of paper talk, specially when it aligns so easily with what the fans have been badgering on for years.
    Too good to be true and too much of what we actually want. Will believe it when I see it unfold.

However some of the sound coming out can be viewed as positive.

I'll allow the new guy to pay lipservice and do the politics of the hand over, where he will of course praise Lawwell great time here, blah blah blah.

But I am hoping the talk of liking the vision etc is on the back of this review (which we were duped to believe was on Lennon, but seems is more a club wide review) and is actually going to pave the way for a better future for the club.
    Shame the * couldn't have done this 4 years ago with Rodgers at the helm.

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Would love to see it but, unfortunately, I think we are a long way off that just now due to the mess created over the last few years by our incompetent board. We need an absolute clear out of all the deadwood at the club and, due to the financial constraints caused by Covid and our pish poor scouting system, will have to build slowly to gat back to where we where.

5. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

6. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    Feel bad for this guy. He’s coming in to try and clean up an utter mess of a club.

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Some job this guy has on his hands

8. Celtic Bhoy 94

9. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

The concern for me is, whose job will it be to appoint the next manager?

I'm assuming Lennon can't be allowed to carry on beyond this season but with the new CEO not joining until June it's surely impossible for it to be his responsibility to oversee the recruitment process? Will it be Lawwells last act to appoint the next manager? Will Desmond step in again? Will Lennon just...carry on?

Hammy89 likes this.
  10. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Unbelievable that we're in such a mess after the position we were in only 3 seasons ago

11. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

There should at the very least have been an interim change in manager.

If you're being paid as CEO of the football club, it's not good enough to hide behind the "I'm leaving in 5 months time therefore the manager can't be changed by me"

The team have completely chucked it under Lennon and we're now only 5 points ahead of an Aberdeen side whose supporters were protesting for their manager to be sacked less than a fortnight ago. There are no guarantees we'll get 2nd place in this form.

If Lawwell doesn't want to make the decision to remove Lennon for a replacement as it would be unfair on his successor then he should also be foregoing his salary for these last 4 months.

King of Kings and The Prof like this.
  12. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Maybe if Lawell was to get rid of Lennon as his final act and get us a top notch manager, then maybe he would get a statue

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Really wish we could get him in before July. Lots of work to be done before then.

14. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    * sack Neil lennon now, don't care if you don't work here yet

15. CountyDownFaithful

The task of rebuilding the club is getting bigger and bigger by the day.

Desmond will still be majority shareholder next season so IMO it’s his responsibility to take action now. Lawwell’s hands are tied with one foot out the door. Yes he could probably fire Lennon but I doubt he will have any influence in selecting his successor.

As far as I’m aware Desmond hired MON and Rodgers so his track record of hiring managers is pretty good. He should be the man to pick the new manager IMO as it’s a monumental call and one that would be unfair to pin on McKay. Truth is we can’t wait until June / July to hire a new manager, we need to do it now if we want to have a decent season next year.

The only issue is the DOF appointment. If that’s the route we are going down then really the DOF should be hired first and then involved in the selection process for the Manager/Head Coach. So Desmond better get to work on this ASAP.

16. oh bhoy

mckay should be getting his people in place now to halt this shitshow before it gets any worse.lawwell is no longer interested may as well * off now.a DOF would be a start if he didnt want to step on the fat * toes by getting rid of his yes man

17. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

18. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Interesting newspaper article, but with no quotes at all it's 100% guess work. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they were taking their leads from this site

19. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    If its the daily mail it will be Stephen McGowan who would have been fed info from someone at the club

20. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    All looks very encouraging, exactly the sort of thing we need to be doing as a club. Nevertheless, we still need fan involvement. This is all still at the whim of an unaccountable CEO with no guarantee that they'll be able or willing to change things where necessary. Those at the top still need to be accountable.