1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I was a Christie fan but hes really annoying me this season. He's turned into Commons in that he thinks he's better than he is . I think he's one of the Ferencvaros wantaway ones but Lennon hasn't said a bad word about him

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  2. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Yes should have been left on the bench by Lennon, but lets be real the manager has been let down badly by the shitebag players whose heart was never in it this season. People want to blame EVERYTHING on Lennon, sorry there was a * of a lot more to it than that. Before people get all up their own arses, im not saying Lennon didnt play a huge part in our demise this season but to put it all down to one man is ridiculous.

Dubliner1, Gabriel and Big C like this.
  3. Big C

Absolutely!!! As I’ve said in many threads these players don’t care about the 10, the manger or more importantly us, the fans. * the lot of them.

4. DonnyCelt

Praying someone, anyone comes in with a late bid and we "simply couldn't refuse"

neilly1987 likes this.
  5. Smithy

I was working on Saturday so fortunately couldn’t watch that pish we served up. However I did manage to get onto the BBC sport webpage and read the live commentary for the game. Twice in 2 minutes I read Christie tries a shot from outside the box and it goes high and wide. Sums this * up.

neilly1987 likes this.
  6. murphy88

Lennon lost the dressing room by his own doing after his comments after Ferenczvaros. All respect was gone. It's been a complete shitshow since then. Although Lennon is not the sole problem this season, he is top of the tree with Lawwell and the rest of the board just behind. Players haven't had a chance to find any sort of rythem, because Lennon hasn't known his best X1 all season, and he still doesn't have a clue what formation or team to pick and we are at the end of January. He doesn't even know his best goalkeeper.

McGregor's interviews this season have been telling in my opinion, basically confirming that the players don't have a clue what they are meant to be doing on the park. Clueless going forward and even worse defensively. We are like schoolboys trying to defend set pieces, and that comes from the manager and coaching team.

This team is the same team that have swept all before them, so to say we were doomed this season before it started is utter pish. Lennon has created a toxic environment, and his dated management style has dragged us into the gutter. The farce that was Dubai was the cherry on top. Sitting on a deck chair with Brown sinking jars, * about. As I said earlier, not a chance in * would you have seen Rodgers at that caper. We went from total professional to Mike Bassett.

7. gandolf

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc and Mick
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Joe McDonnell
    Wasn’t long ago Christie was one of our main players, buzzing about the midfield, flying into tackles and scoring goals with late runs into the box, very very similar to Armstrong, minus the beautiful hair.
    When I watch him now it’s a carbon copy of Armstrong’s last few months here. We all know what will happen, he will get his move down South and start putting in decent performances.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

They certainly seemed to care about 9, 8, 7 etc and so on.

This excuse that "their hearts were never in it this year" is a * nonsense attempt to salvage some sense of credibility for a buffoon of a manager who has regularly thrown his players under the bus, questioned their mentality and allowed their fitness levels to drop to such a low standard. I could go on.

I can completely understand why some players look uninterested and want away at this point. Why would anyone want to play for a manager who does that?

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That late free kick summed him up.

10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Good. Guy has never been and never will be good enough to be compared to Armstrong.

11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Despise this * and have for a while, wish he'd get to *. People like him, Ntcham and Edouard should have been chased months ago.

12. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Under a better coach he will b a better player. Simple.

13. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

The guys a pro footballer. Proves he can score, put a shift in and send in accurate balls now to the box. Now he looks like he can't be arsed and he can't even hit the target never mind hit a man from 20 yards outside the box, numerous times. This is more than a bad run, reeks of un-professionalism thinking he can just turn up and turn it on.

14. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    The wee monkey faced * has already made it clear his ambition this season is to make it to the Euros. Hence why he's constantly shiteing it out of tackles. Afraid of getting injured and missing out.

Would be absolutely glorious if he picked up an injury in May and was left out. I'll drink those tears Ryan.

Avatar Daizen and Doogs. like this.
  15. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Aye, looks to have absolutely checked out.

16. JED

I don't think Christie has stopped trying or is trying less. There is zero confidence in the team, no structure, lack of movement ahead of the ball, too many passes defender to defender, midfield getting bypassed with the defenders coming up and strikers falling back... tough for the players like McGregor, Turnbull, Christie to be effective in these circumstances

NomDePlum likes this.
  17. Foley1888

I think Christie is a far better player, playing CM rather than further forward. He hasn’t got the close control or the ability to spot and play a cutting pass. He is far better pressing people and arriving late in to the box and essentially running opposition midfield into the ground.

He did have a purple patch at the start of last season playing further forward where all these shots that are struggling to stay in the stadium the now were flying in. It was that way you could tell he didn’t have to think about it, his confidence was up.

This season he has unsettled himself with all the move talk and constantly tries the ridiculous. His work rate is still high but given the lack of team structure and shape it is pretty ineffectual. You saw it the first half of the game against them at new year when the team functioned as a unit carrying out a plan we should have been 2 or 3 up if it hadn’t been for some poor finishing on our part and good goalkeeping on there’s.

That is making it even worse to watch all this half arsed stuff from the team as it is obvious they are clearly capable of better.

18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    :56:

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  19. COYBIG87

He thinks he's a superstar too big for the club. Don't know who told him he could take set pieces, never gets a corner past the 1st defender. Get him clean to *. * player * attitude. Good riddance.

20. wulliebad

They were talking about him and his free kicks today on a podcast and apparently the bench shouted at him when his latest wonder kick hit the moon and he turned and gave them a * off stare. And they went on to say eddy did the same after his free kick.Anyone notice anything like that during the game.