1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    :fear: has a twin?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2021
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

3. The Dude

I am more inclined to trust The Law Society than The Football Network.

4. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
  5. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

On either definition, do you not believe a payoff would be required in the summer?

6. JamesM09

That’s an awful source mate. I can see where the misinformation started.

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Every day I wake up I feel as though I'm living in the Twilight Zone.

We are losing/have lost the league. Have won 7 games in our last 25. We have a team in disarray, a distraught fanbase, our Chief Exec announcing he's calling it a day, players wanting out left/right/centre, a manage who with each passing day is disgracing and embarrassing himself more than the previous day.........what is actually going on?

Why hasn't Flopp been sacked, or at the very * least been asked to leave with dignity? The more this charade goes on the more you have to think the board in place are WANTING us to fail. What are their reasons for not changing it?

Where is the review we were promised? It's no almost the 1st February - was this "january review" just a smokescreen for them hoping that the team would kick on? I'm starting to believe that.

I actually said to a fella I work with about 2 weeks ago, if we were an outsider looking in at this club, the way things have panned out this season (so far :frown:) you would actually swear that this season has been deliberately sabotaged from within.

The fact that Lennon is still here is just beyond belief...

8. The Dude

If his contract expires, no, but I believe that the club should bite the bullet, and sack him immediately.

JamesM09 likes this.
  9. Celtic Bhoy 94

The more I watch celtic the more I think the likes of Shved, Hendry & Bayo could still have a chance at making it here. I'm putting their lack of success down to mismanagement. Any manager could come in to replace lennon, not make a signing and still transform us with a bit of direction

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I don't really see the difference financially. Either way we are paying to the end of his contract.

11. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    No

Even Rodgers couldn't make Hendry into a player

12. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    The decision not to sack him isn’t a financial one. Let’s assume for arguments sake he has a fill 12 months left on his contract, and is on £20k per week (he’ll almost definitely be on less). That would make it £1m to pay him off.

That’s less than we spend on speculative ‘punt’ transfers. The board aren’t daft enough to assume that the financial implications of paying him off are greater than those of keeping him - lost season ticket sales, lost European revenue, reduced match day income, reduced merchandise sales, less prize money etc.

It’s clearly not a financial decision. He’s still here because for the same reason Brown is played until he’s ran into the ground, or outrageous bids for Boyata with 12 months on his contract are rejected, or why we’re left playing a brand new left back in CL qualifiers when Tierney leaves.... the board are terrible when it comes to contingency planning.

MagicBallBhoy and Lewis Kerr like this.
  13. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Disgree here. He’s doing well in a league better than the SPFL and is clearly a better player than the likes of Duffy. Would be happy to give him another chance here.

14. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

lol

15. The Dude

I agree. Would Lennon not be entitled to some form of compensation beyond his remaining salary though?

16. JamesM09

I think that’s where gardening leave would come in.

17. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The way we've gone downhill in Europe really puts our domestic success in perspective. Mind the last time we won a European knock out tie (17 * years ago now!) We qualified for the CL by beating MTK Hungaria 5-0 on aggregate. Would have been more had we not wrapped up the tie with a 4-0 away win in the first leg. That's exactly the sort of team/tie we'd see as a potential banana skin now. Hence why we need to fundamentally change the way we operate, not just the manager or CEO.

Hammy89, The Dude and JamesM09 like this.
  18. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Would take Villas-Boas’ left * over Lennon...

ddub11 likes this.
  19. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    why the * is he still here, seriously * is the board doing. its their job to protect our club and yet i woke up to no news of this mans sacking, they are unfit for purpose and this man is unfit for the job, we need to do something before he loses us 2nd spot in the league cause i have no * faith in him getting this team to beat Kilmarnock.

* of Neil

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

12 months salary. Regardless of when he's sacked

If that wasn't the case it would be a very immaterial amount to remove him now. £300k ish.

Agree, it's clear this isn't a financial decision either way.