1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    * couldn't rebuild a Duplo set.

thailandceltic likes this.
  2. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I keep logging on here hoping to discover he's gone but no, he's still hanging around like a bad smell. Then, when you think thinks can't get any worse, we see that Kennedy has jumped up to 2nd favourite for the job. I would only take Kennedy if I thought NL would step down immediately and that Kennedy's is a temporary appointment till we get a new manager in.

3. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Time is a great healer. I now look back on Rodgers leaving with a bit more understanding now that it’s been laid bare how much of a * Lawwell is to work with, I.e. McGinn, Piccini etc. And I also appreciate what great times he gave us and he never embarrassed us in his media conduct. Lennon on the other hand, I can safely say that in 5 years time (hopefully he’s gone by then) I will talk about him with the same rage as I do now. Time cannot heal the damage he has done to his own legacy with his tactical ineptitude, criticism of fans, embarrassing and petulant tirades in press conferences and pretty much holding the club to ransom and making us out to be in the wrong for demanding more from our team and him whose wages we pay.

4. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

So Lennon is talking about a summer rebuild ffs while we wait on this so called Managment Review from the board. They have got to stop this charade now. He keeps going on about players wanting away and yet still choose to play them. If he stays and is allowed to rebuild then I fear we will become like the Huns have been and will be playing second fiddle to them for years

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I don't think he is holding the club to ransom . The board don't want to sack him because then they are admitting they got it wrong bringing him back. They would rather throw the players under the bus and blame them for this season to take the heat off them

JamesM09 likes this.
  6. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I made a comment yesterday saying that even the NL lovers on FB have turned against him however, some of them are beginning to come back on with their support and are coming out with comments such as "I don't blame Lennon or the team, they have a lot of pressure on their shoulders this season". Do these people not actually see what's happening in front of their eyes? I've heard of blind faith but they're delusional if they still have faith in NL

JamesM09 likes this.
  7. ddub11

If lennon is still here next season it will be a slap in the face to all fans.

Never forget what he put us through,never let him think its all forgotten.Regardless of any improvement in the future he needs to know we dont have short memories.

celticdaft238 likes this.
  8. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    There never really was a review was there?

Just a wee statement from the spurious wretches on the aboard to get us off there backs in blind hope Lennon would turn it around.. With no semblance of a * plan of action in place.

At the point now that anyone from under Lennon would be better placed to take us till the end of the season, place is getting more toxic, morale is getting lower and player values are getting lower. We're getting set back years on the pitch and with the pathetic lack of any communication to us fans, they'll never rebuild this fallout. * man

Taz likes this.
  9. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    If Lennon's still here next season I'm done until he and the board are all gone.

Surely that cannot be a possibility. The renewals will fall through the floor if he's still here next season

murphy88 and celticdaft238 like this.
  10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Either way they are to blame because the blame for the players goes to Lennon/hammond who the board employed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Lennon is the rat, not Rodgers.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  12. ddub11

I hope your rite mate.

13. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Me too, but the longer it drags on the more I think there's a chance he could be here next season.

I'm actually gutted at the way Lennon has behaved this season. The man was a legend but his refusal to do the right thing by resigning and his deluded rants blaming everyone bar him for the shitshow that is this season have really soured my opinion of him.

14. Dubliner1

There's a massive rebuild here that is required. Lennon will have some input in to this going forward at least short term. We need to get rid of at least 8 players. I would start with the following -

- Barkas - Duffy - Laxalt - Ntcham - Christie - Eduoard - BolinGoli - Klimala - Rogic - Then we have others out on loan who have no future at the cub - Bayo - Shved and a few of the younger players. We need to start moving players so we can free up some cash for new wages. Scott Brown is finished at this level but still his another 1 yr left on his contract.

15. ddub11

Think Barkas kilmala and laxalt should stay and be giving an opportunity under a new manager.Browns finished,he needs to be told.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  16. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It was clear that the point of concluding the 'review' at the end of the month was that it was assumed we'd win the last 2 games, so the board could say we looked like we were turning it around. Now that's failed we deserve an explanation.

17. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    See on the bright side, at least Lennon will never ever be * manager of Celtic again, his name will never be on the bookies list when future managers leave

18. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Because he isnt leaving?

Breathnach67 and Graeme1888 like this.
  19. John Bhoy79 What chance have you got against a tie and a crest

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson,Jinky,McGrory,Jota
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Read the quotes of him saying he's excited at the prospect of rebuilding the team/squad in the summer, it sent shivers down my spine. Always suspected he was gonna be kept on and it's looking more likely as the weeks go by.

20. Crilly Hakuhna matata

He has to consciously know what he’s doing to us, how much the fans hate him and how underqualified he is for the job at this stage whether he lies about it or not. Neil Lennon is a knacker. I used to love him but this season has shown me (not speaking for others) that he’s nothing but a knacker

Cena and celticdaft238 like this.