1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben Davies

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Cesar67x, Aug 28, 2020.

Discuss Ben Davies in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    No way would we pay 2 or over for him if we agree a pre contract. No way..

James Mc and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    No chance we pay £2m plus this window when in 4 months he is free

Hammy89 likes this.
  3. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Aye you wouldn’t think so. Maybe if were 6-8 points behind and still had a slight chance.

Artorias and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  4. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Tbh I'm find with waiting until the summer. £2m spent on a player when we have nothing to play for is poor unless someone else is leaving. Hopefully, Lennon.

Morcombe likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Would rather the money went towards getting rid of the coaching staff

Morcombe and Hammy89 like this.
  6. shaunm

Has anyone watched Davies play?Type of defender is he?no nonsense?

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I’ll admit I’ve never seen him play but going by what I’ve seen Prestons fans say he sounds pretty good.

Hammy89 likes this.
  8. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

The stats suggest a cb that comfortable on the ball and average in the air.

Sounds about right for us.

9. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Sounds like Bitton Mk2 :giggle1:

Artorias likes this.
  10. King Kwon Gold Member Gold Member

The opposite, if anything his weakness is sometimes he makes mistakes by messing around with the ball too much. He'd probably be our best centre back technically, also left footed which is a rare commodity. He can play left back too.

11. Foley1888

I am just waiting for us to make a mess of this one somehow. Get the welcome to Bournemouth thread open.

Sgt Neppers* and Artorias like this.
  12. Big C

From the comments above he seems bang average therefore, on a pre-contract as a back up it would seem on the face of it as decent business. Now go get a real CB that’ll be our main CB.

13. Celtic_renard News Writer News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Patrick Roberts
    Ball playing centre half? Get him in.

14. JamesM09

In my opinion we shouldn't be making signings before we even have the next manager in, but I can see the argument for getting potential bargains in anyway.

However, signing players when we should be changing the manager AND the director of football is madness.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  15. Foley1888

I am not so sure if he is bang average. I know the Championship gets overhyped but Davies does seem pretty highly rated and a very consistent performer. Since 2019 with the likes of Wolves and Everton being credited with an interest back then among other EPL teams.

He is left sided which we badly need and is a bit of an all rounder in terms of a CB, he has decent pace and is decent in the air at 6ft 1. He is a good reader of the game and is good in the tackle. He is also pretty comfortable on the ball.

He does seem like he could be a good signing. However given we are likely to lose Ajer this year, Duffy will be away after his loan and Bitton is never a CB I would say we would need at least one more if not two capable CB’s for next year.

16. Big C

If we got this guy now could we empty Duffy today please. I was conned by the hype over Duffy having never seen him play, I hope to * this guy is better.

17. davidhannah

Glad to here it. We need a strong British spine at glasgow Celtic. Ben Davis PNE Bounce to the ounce.

18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Alex Neil saying celtic have not contacted them, he has spoke to ben and confirms no contact from celtic and davies will remain to end of season before assessing options.

Looks like sky sports jurno got it wrong again

19. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We have lacked this for years. Can anyone confirm he actually makes good defensive decisions?

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic notified PNE via email on Tuesday evening that they intended speaking to Davies about a pre-contract agreement which could see move to Parkhead in the summer on a Bosman.

With Davies in the last six months of his contract, he can speak to clubs outside England about a move at the end of the season.

Reports in Scotland suggest that Celtic might in fact try to buy the central defender during this window,

That might be because they fear missing out on Davies should bids come in from other clubs before Monday’s transfer deadline.

Neil has not spoken with Davies about Celtic’s interest specifically but has talked to him regularly about his general position.

At this stage, Neil believes 25-year-old Davies will see his contract through to the end of the season.

However, he acknowledges that things could change very quickly with the deadline coming up.

Speaking on Wednesday morning, Neil told the Lancashire Post: “I haven’t really heard anything (about Celtic) apart from what was in the paper.

“Ben hasn’t said a word to me about it. He has been good all the way through, this has only just appeared.

“As far as I’m aware from the discussions I’ve had before with Ben, he has so far committed to certainly being here to at least the end of the season.

That has been the discussion I’ve had to this point, naturally that is subject to change but I’ve not been made aware of any change.

“I’m not in control of this situation so it is a hard question for me to answer.

“I could say, ‘Yes, he will be here until the end of the season’ and then he leaves tonight and I look silly.”

A move to Celtic could well appeal to Davies in terms of it providing the possibility of playing in Europe

It could also be something of a shop window move too, with Premier League clubs having previously signed players from Celtic.

However, the standard of the Scottish Premiership is often questioned south of the border.

Davies might want to wait until after the close of the window to see if other offers come in rather than plunge in now and sign a pre-contract agreement which would take effect from July 1.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.