1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Jeremie Frimpong

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by MickeyyMack, Sep 2, 2019.

Discuss Jeremie Frimpong in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Wit in the name of good * is this nonsense?

Keano88, Rydo1888*, JML67 and 5 others like this.
  2. Jeffrey

Cannot begrudge a young promising player for making an ambitious move. He’s not shat it and went to championship or Prem relegation fodder. He’s going to a top club in a top league, leaving his comfort zone and really making the most of his career. If he was in the papers every week giving it the ‘My da brought me up watching the Celtic’ patter, aye, you could be frustrated with him leaving after such a short period of time or during a season (Rodgers). I feel sometimes our own arrogance gets in the way of rational decisions like this. Jeremy does not owe us * all.

Good luck to him!

TimFloyd, Rydo1888*, ede and 2 others like this.
  3. Smithy

Can't blame him for leaving when it's clear that change at the club is unlikely to happen and the coaching he is most likely receiving is sub standard.

Great move for him and a great fee to receive for him, mind you that only really matters if it's going to be re-invested into the squad.

honda likes this.
  4. shieldsybhoy

“We’ll need to replace Jeremie with another quality right-back and we’re currently looking at the options available to us."

'Celtic Football Club are happy to announce the signing of Stephen O'Donnell on a free transfer' - incoming, haha

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Raging. He has potential to be a star. Aye he's 20 without a final ball, but he's had 1 n half seasons on senior football. So think that won't come, then you don't know football. Forrests final ball never arrived until Rodgers. Can tell its all down to coaching aswel. Could be moving for £30-40m in a couple years now.

6. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Na,

It'll be" Anthony has really stepped up on the training pitch, he's like a new signing"

The_Bhoy, shieldsybhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Even good players wanted to leave and left under Rodgers, a top coach, that's football..

Why would you stay and stagnate under Lennon, its clear we're going nowhere..

8. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

I'd also add, we should want him to do well in Germany, sell on fee and shows you can get a bigger move if you do well here.

Young players should see this as a place to come..

Hopefully we will have a better calibre of coach soon to help nurture that talent.

9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Was reading some of that interview and it mentioned he wanted to go back when they had contract talks with him. Management will have been working away at full list of other options then won't they?... won't they?

10. JamesM09

Aye probably runs pretty deep right enough.

Not deep enough to stop Leverkusen spending more than £10m on him mind.

Fair enough he’s probably moving on for money rather than coaching. The coaching is still dugshite though.

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Have we been linked with Devlin from Livi yet? Waiting on that one next.

12. JamesM09

Agreed but that wasn't the point I was intending to make mate.

They're comparable in the sense when Tierney was 19 he was treated like a 19 year old that would improve. When Frimpong was 19 he was treated like he couldn't possibly improve. Even now, with Leverkusen prepared to pay £10m for him based on potential, people won't admit he's got huge potential and label him as *.

It doesn't matter if he defends well and consistently gets to the byline all on his own, his final ball isn't quite there so he's written off as *, instead of a 20 year old that needs a bit of work on his final ball..

If Frimpong had come through our youth setup he would be much more highly regarded than he is right now. It's like if you're too good to be an academy player you get slaughtered, while an academy player can be 21/22 and still considered 'young' with huge room for improvement.

It should be obvious to anyone (like it is to Leverkusen) that Frimpong has all the attributes to be a great player. The fact he has stagnated is damning for the current coaching setup. Although I don't know what we expected with the sacked Hibs boss, the Peterborough assistant and John Kennedy.

13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I agree Frimpong has potential. I would say that by the time Tierney was a season in he was getting better and considered the best in his position in Scotland. I don't see that with Frimpong but that may change in another environment.

I accept all the other points about expectations etc, just don't think referencing Tierney made sense at this point as that is a more exceptional comparison to make.

All the best to Frimpong and hope he does well. Surprised at how much he went for but in a good way.

JamesM09 likes this.
  14. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Tierney had competent coaching.

Aye deila wasn't the greatest but he got fitness improving, Rodgers came in and built on that more with tactics and better coaching. Tierney also had Izzy as his mentor to start with who was a top quality player in his day.

Frimpong has came in with no mentorship really, his competition on breaking through was bauer as elhamed was injured, had a great first season, got assists and goals then its been the train wreck that this season has been. You can see that what he was doing great with last season has been ignored and coached out of him. Look even to the earlier games this season when we were dragging out painful wins, the consistent message was that he was one of the few players getting pass marks, winning man of the match awards

Look at KTs breakthrough season and frimpong last season, it's a fair comparison. I do hope frimpong goes on to do well he has been one of my favourite players since he joined us.

elbhoydo, Lewis Kerr and NomDePlum like this.
  15. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Best of luck to the lad I reckon he could be a star in next few years with right coaching. Obviously not getting that at our shambolic training sessions

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  16. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Overrated and surprised we are getting that much for him to be honest. No brainer to sell for that especially if he wants away

17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Hope Lennon and Lawwell dont get their hands on that £8m

18. DuffyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov/Calmac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    lonesome boatman
    Over-rated, but the team 3rd in the bundesliga, the league with probably the best scouting process and success rate in recent years are willing too pay 11 + mill for him during a pandemic..? some folk are in the wrong jobs on here obviously.

19. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

You mean our 10 laps round the pitch and games of cuppy aren't doing well

20. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Good deal for both parties. We have all been starting to get fed up with Frimpong. Has immense pace and great talent. But his crossing is so poor. Probably due to lack of direction or proper coaching from the three muppets.
    Irrespective of the current season and the * in charge at the moment, think it was a deal that would of happened anyway.

Think with a proper coach he can really improve and become a real top player. Especially since he had a good attitude which is the basis for great players