1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Karamoko Dembele!!

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by DEADEYECFC, May 29, 2016.

Discuss Karamoko Dembele!! in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Has the ability maybe but I just can't really see him fulfill that early promise. Hope I'm wrong obviously.

2. kingpenman1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s away anyway

3. celtic warrior

Dud, might be decent in a more technical league if he went to say, Spain perhaps.

Even then probably not going to play at any serious level.

Any supposed issues with attitude are clearly holding this * back.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

KARAMOKO DEMBELE is reportedly set to quit Celtic this summer and move abroad.

The Celtic Huddle podcast claims the Hoops wonderkid won't extend his deal, which runs out this summer.

Ex-Celtic defender Mark Wilson broke the news on air this afternoon.

Pint-sized winger Dembele - who turns 18 next month - made headlines across Europe when he made his debut for the Under-20s aged just 13.

The London-born attacker then penned a three year deal with the club in 2018, his first professional contract.

Dembele has been training regularly with the first-team but has made just five senior appearances.

And now he looks poised to leave the club for nothing in the summer in news that will come as a big disappointment to the Parkhead club.

European giants Barcelona, Real Madrid and Chelsea have all been linked with the teenage wonderkid in the past.

Reacting to the news, Celtic legend Murdo MacLeod said: "Celtic should have been playing him.

"The first time he came on the pitch everybody was saying, 'wow, look at the skills and the pace he has to go by people'.

"You go through every football club now, the kids are getting a chance. At Celtic, he should have been getting a chance.

"Even now with the poor run that Celtic are on, he should still have been thrown in and given a chance to show what he can do.

If he goes abroad, he'll be getting an awful lot more money than he would be on at Celtic.

"But for him personally, he'll be sitting back thinking, 'I should have been playing for Celtic, especially now.'"

martin_d and Peej like this.
  5. Dubliner1

No one is BIGGER than the club. Let the lot of them go. If u want to be here that's fine, if not, away u go. Wish them all the best and get on with it.

6. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Issue is no one wants to be here because of the environment the club have created.

No one is bigger than the club but it is shocking to think that no youngsters are getting a look in. They're all jumping ship.

7. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Clearly any * on the board and lennon are right now.

Yet more * that they have failed with, we should not be misamanging assets and letting it all * off for. Nothing

8. Dubliner1

Agree 100%. Our club is in a mess right now and it needs sorted ASAP. It will only get worse if change doesn't happen anytime soon.

9. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Don’t blame him in the slightest.

You can’t expect talent in any field to be content to just sit there and watch their career pass by. If you’re not getting your chance when the squad is decimated by Covid, and the team is on a horrendous run of form, when will you?

I would be advising any good young player to move on if a decent opportunity came up in all honesty.

martin_d and NomDePlum like this.
  10. stew37

Folk that say let them all go, * them all etc, it's unrealistic. I want players that obviously want to be here but the players have a lot more power these days, that's just the way it is. If the coaching team loses them, which appears to have happened a long time ago at Celtic, and understandably so in my opinion on account of Lennon's pish, it leads to a completely toxic environment. I can understand players wanting to leave while Lennon is manager.

martin_d likes this.
  11. Icicle

Another strange case of a player who seems to have all the talent and ability to make it but is never given a chance.

martin_d and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    True no excuse for a right back to be in front of him who is no better goi g forward than him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin_d likes this.
  13. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    The last wonderkid we lost that I remember was Islam Feruz

14. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another * up by us

15. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    The management of the club has been nothing short of abysmal on and off the pitch. The management of ajer edoaurd and christies contracts. The management of our young players.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

16. horseshoe

He'll be looking at this season and thinking with forrest being injured, players having to isolate or just playing * in general and still doesn't get a chance, is he ever going to? Probably best thing for him to leave, unless we get a new manager in that's willing to give fringe players a go til the end of the season.

martin_d and The_Bhoy like this.
  17. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I've got a lot of contempt for the club at the moment but I struggle to see what we've done incorrectly with Karamoko.

He's nowhere near ready to be starting games for us.

He has the physique of a wee guy and It'd be arguably immoral to put him up against SPFL hammer throwers to boot * out of him at will.

By all accounts the hype has went to his head and he made it clear to the club a while ago that he wouldn't be signing an extension.

I'm more concerned about the stagnation of Connell, Robertson, Henderson etc.

18. Foley1888

Dembele is clearly a talent and the lack of playing time will not have been well received by him but I do question what he was showing with the few chances he got. For me he got bullied in game’s such as Cluj and any game really apart from the Hearts game a couple of seasons ago he failed to impress.

It will be interesting to see if he goes on to become a top player.

19. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Didn't know his contract was up.

Tbh I would have thought he would have made some impact.

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can’t blame any of the youngsters for leaving. Only reason some got a chance was because of the Dubai shambles. We would have never given any game time otherwise. Dembele didn’t even get a chance really either. We happily just continue to play first teamers who aren’t performing.

martin_d likes this.