1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Lambert

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by barnsey, Dec 19, 2017.

Discuss Paul Lambert in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Yeah that was my thoughts.

Just think it’s outrageous phoning up the guy to have a go at him for not towing the party line.

Petrov also signed a new contract before heading to England, ensuring we got absolute top dollar for him.

2. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Yeah, so stating the blatantly obvious is beyond the pale, but calling up someone out of the blue to call them a disgrace then running to the papers to brag about it is fine. Never mind the I won't name them but I'll give you enough clues so there is no doubt who it is. It's pathetic, lost a lot of respect for him there.

He's out of contract in the summer, he wouldn't by any chance be keeping himself visible, while at the same time making it look like he's not angling for Lenny's job? Nah, couldn't be that.

King of Kings likes this.
  3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Could've been BBJ Hartson - and he has voiced critical opinion about the situation here also - who was also going through divorce (or at least was seperated) at the time and wanted to get a move closer to his kids who were back in Wales, and moved back down south that same window when Petrov was traded to Aston Villa in 2006.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  4. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Nah. He said they couldn't wait to go to England, not back to England. While that could just be badly phrased Hartson had played in England for much of his career, so I doubt very much he couldn't wait to go play in the championship with West Brom.

It's clearly meant to be Stan. Plus I also have my doubts Lambert is brave enough to do that to Hartson or Sutton.

leeso-ardoyne and King of Kings like this.
  5. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Fair enough. The thing I was thinking was that had heard BBJ opining his critixisn, but hadn't heard from Stan the man about what was happening. And yes, know BBJ wasn't busting a gut to get to WBA specifically, rather I do clearly remember all through the latter stages of the 2005/06 season that BBJ was especially missing his family, maybe trrying to salvage the relationship with his mrs etc, and that was more the driving force behind his desire to move back down south.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He's right, he did want to * off down road.

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Guy stayed for 8 seasons, he wasn’t Scottish and eventually wanted to try his luck in the premiership, lambert saying “ he couldn’t wait to * off down to the premiership “, a think saying he stayed for 8 seasons proves he could wait, don’t think you would get many good players staying as long as that these days, got us a good few million aswell

James Mc likes this.
  8. celtic warrior

Not hear a bad word said about Petrov.

No. He's ma boi

9. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member