1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHappyLoss

Don’t think anyone believes Rafa is coming here, was irony at him killing our didn’t exist in the first place hopes.

stew37 likes this.
  2. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Need to just wait and see what happens it’s positive story for a change so should be happy with that regardless of outcome am enjoying seeing the huns online squirm at the story to be fair shows even though Gerrard has won the league this season they dont rate him against a big name

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TonyTim Gold Member Gold Member

Too many people desperate for us to have a feel good story, it's a bit Hun like. This board is not going to do anything any time soon. The fake news will continue while the board will stay silent to play along with the rumours, wouldn't surprise me if they were behind them. Howe last week, Rafa this week, Breaking news for next week.....Martinez ?????

4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    That's probably true, in somways good that we have loyal fans but bad because the club know they can refuse to spend money and get fans in no matter what

Bobo_ likes this.
  5. Dubliner1

As highlighted previous by others the only way a BIG name is coming here if Desmond's themselves fund it. The club as a whole is not in a great financial footing with Covid, no European money, selling of players being devalued, etc.

6. SteveyNico67

It’s either a manager like that (Rodgers, Benitez) or a manager like Lennon. In other words, a good manager or a * one.

We’re a stepping stone for managers and players and if stepping stones mean you’re the Quadruple Treble, Double 9INAROW winners, throw some more stepping stones directly at my face please

Push the boat out and get Rafa, Dez

7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    A big name manager whether it’s Howe or Benitez or someone else is the missing piece of the puzzle I have no doubt we have missed out on certain players this season especially pre contracts because who’s manager at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd be more than happy watching us Potter along the rest of the season with lenny in charge if they announced rafa was going to take over in the summer. I wouldnt even moan if we drew. I'd be too busy looking up ex Newcastle players who were going to be linked with and the odd Chinese guy, pretending I know who he is :56:

9. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Rafa Benitez, give my head peace ffs

10. Paul McAuley

Is the Rafa hing true or is this bam up?

11. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    No one knows if true

12. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm the opposite. Clarke has been successful with every club he's been at (within the club's and Scotland's limits). Benitez has generally been a failure since he left Spain and his teams play * football. I really can't stand him. I think he's an imposter. I know he won a CL with Liverpool but he was there for a while and they never came that close in the league and he's been chased out of a lot of clubs since then. He's the only guy that would have me considering giving up my ST but I won't and I'd support him and hope he proved me wrong if he did come - which I doubt.

Westlondonscot likes this.
  13. freitassen

I think the best option available is Eddie Howe. But, I said this a few times, the Cluj manager who royally * us over and went just as far in Europe with a squad worth peanuts, experienced in british football and English speaking, could be worth a shot. Dan Petrescu his name

honda likes this.
  14. GreenLeanMean

Rafael Benitez will not become Celtic's next manager or return to Newcastle United under the club's current ownership, says Spanish football expert Guillem Balague.

Benitez has left his role as boss of Chinese side Dalian Professional.

Balague says reigning Scottish champions Celtic were interested in the Spaniard replacing Neil Lennon, but Benitez is going to "rest for a bit".

15. SteveyNico67

We’ll see

16. Chieftain

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Does anyone know what Lennon would be getting a year approx? I'm guessing £400k?

Or what Rodgers was on? I'm guessing £3m?

I know Benítez was on £12m a year in China. Obviously we couldn't match anywhere near that but maybe he'll feel that he's made his money and just wants a good project to get his teeth into. Could offer him £6m for him and his coaching staff if Desmond dips his hand in his pocket to help?

17. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Yes we will see Rafa managing when we turn on Italian football or if we ever manage to make the champions league again..

18. Paul McAuley

We paid 2million for a * ay Duffy so anything’s possible

ApartPidgeon and Chieftain like this.
  19. davidhannah

Its the 24rth of January, no further forward. no wins in 2021. No manager on the way in. No forward planning for the Champions League qualifiers with 2 places up for grabs. Gross mismanagement. They are sitting with their fingers in their ears. Its been to late this season. And its quickly turning into too late for next season. There's no indication Lennon is going. Enough to make you switch off for the rest of the season. If it were safe to protest I would do so this time. No man is bigger than the club or more important than the supporters that drive it on. Our best players are going to leave next season and the board are going to line their penny pinching, prawn sandwich eating pockets. SIT DOWN with that exuberance and SHUT UP. Because they have chosen to ignore the fans, they are now no better than charlatans and thieves!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  20. shieldsybhoy

Some newspapers reporting that Rafa deal is basically done?