1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Cannot believe he is still here.

* * the lot of them man.

King of Kings and JML67 like this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * forgot lustig lol

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  3. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

This is a * show on an unprecedented scale. The boards inaction and his delusion is beyond belief. I’ve been through all the emotions: anger, disbelief, despair, apathy. Now I’ve hit the point of no faith whatsoever, seasons finished and board seem * bent on taking the * out the fans as much as possible. Once Lennon and the board are out they should never be allowed to set foot in Celtic park again.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye it’s definitely morbid as *.

I’ve took a wee step back from the forum for a few days because I was far too immersed in displaying my hatred for Lennon.

To be honest, some of the * I’ve said about him has been out of nothing but frustration and anger, dunno what it is today but I actually feel a bit sorry for him dunno why, but I just do.

He’s clearly still a Celtic man and loves the club, but as mentioned previously many of his actions and words this season have appeared very very selfish. His managerial stats and decisions this campaign have been nothing short of a disgrace.

I think, for him personally, he needs to leave as soon as possible.

I get why he wouldn’t leave tbh, he’s on incredible money (incredible to joe average) and who would want to walk away from that?

Aye though, from a supporter’s perspective this is probably the worst season I’ve seen in my life...

Graeme1888, Hammy89, Zander and 2 others like this.
  5. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Aye, I've said before that I dont think many people really would walk on his position. Its the best job he's ever going to have, this os the pinnacle of his managerial career. Can understand why he wants to hang on and try and fix the mess.

But it needs to be taken out of his hands. Give him a payoff, * it, under the current regime the same amount of money or more would go to another * transfer.

It really is negligence of the highest order. * rudderless at the moment with noone willing to make big decisions and if its not sorted soon then season tickets will be at their lowest number for donkeys years. In fact, that damage may already be done.

Its just depressing. Dreadful on the park, we've handed the huns the title. Aye, they've been good but they've had no pressure applied to them. They've, and im saying "they've" cause that board are an absolute shambles and NOT to be associated with us, they've been horrific off the park too. The dubai fiasco just rubbing salt in the wounds.

And what do we have for it? A half hearted apology from Lawwell and Lennon embarrassing himself in front of the media every other week. Oh, and also the whole * country laughing at us and, quite rightly, calling Celtic a shambles. And we just have to sit and take it while the board do * all.

Scunnered doesn't cover it.

6. stew37

Don't get what he's trying to achieve man. He can't be that skint? How does he think this is going to end. Could have dealt with this with a lot more grace and dignity but he has absolutely * it.

Mind saying months ago on here how this had the potential to get very ugly on account of his stubbornness and the board's inability to act. There was still a fair split between folk I know in whether they wanted him to stay or go but literally everycunt I know wants him gone now, folk turning on him maybe even more than we could have anticipated.

Good effort Lenny!

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Cannie argue with any of that at all.

It's been the worst capitulation from any top tier team that I can think of, even Arsenal aren't as embarrassing as us at this point, which is beyond shocking.

The Phoenix likes this.
  8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I would want to try and believe this, but his complete failure to change anything, to acknowledge that his way of doing things is what is literally harming us, suggests to me he hasn't a clue nor care to actually fix the mess. I say no care - as in to bother his * to do something. I am sure he would love to see it turned around, but every interview he gives he blames someone else and tells us it is up to the players to figure out whats wrong - complete lack of awareness of what his job actually is.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

We're like a dug chasing its tail in this thread.

Jeannie960 and Peej like this.
  10. celticdawg

Lenny has decided to put money before his reputation and given this will undoubtedly be his last job of any significance as a manager i can sort of get my head around it !!
    However the same can't be said of lawell , his well paid job ( and it is a well paid job ) is too make sure the best interests of Celtic are looked after on and off the pitch , he has failed miserably and even now after the damage has been done is still refusing to go along with the wishes of the fans , a lot who've went above and beyond their financial limitations !!
    He should be ashamed but think we all know he won't be , * should be booted the length of London road

11. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Please release him let him go, cause we don't want him anymore ! :36:

MagicBallBhoy, Hammy89 and blackfish like this.
  12. ddub11

At this stage i dont think its a money issue with lennon.i think he him self feels its down to the board for not letting lenny manage his own way/own players.

Its all gone wrong and im guessing he feels its the boards fault and not his,hence his refusal to walk.I know its immaterial to us fans (we just want him gone)but as some have said before lennys not going to be broke (financially)after this and im beginning to think this is a blame game between lenny and the board.

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    At least Hibs had the balls to get rid.

NakamuraTastic and Hammy89 like this.
  14. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    When (if) he eventually gets the sack, I really cannot see any teams who would be willing to give him a job. Even teams like Hamilton of St Johnstone will not touch him. This could effectively be his last job (at least in the UK)

King of Kings and Hammy89 like this.
  15. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If the wife and i are gettin divorced i don't really care who she ends up with tbh, the main thing is she's gone. :67: :34:

ede likes this.
  16. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    It won't be his last job, that's nonsense. Plenty of clubs about the world that will give him a job I have no doubt about that. Plenty of madmen in charge of football clubs.

17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Most managers would want to preserve their reputation within the game, the longer this goes on the more damaging it is to Lenny himself, but clearly he dosen't give a * about that, ultimately the Board are to blame for not ending it.

This has become the Deja Vu thread, you just find yersel repeating the same thing lol, very draining.

Sgt Neppers* and Jeannie960 like this.
  18. wee green dug Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hughes
    Harsh but fair.

:84:

Wee Baldy and The Prof like this.
  19. celticdawg

Aye maybe but he will never get a job of any real significance , certainly nowhere near a club like Celtic

20. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I think thats hitting the nail on the head Prof ! I think most of us agree he wants money he is due and probably told Lawwell that weeks ago , and it is money he is entitled to legally . If the 300 thousand is right enough that is money that Celtic can afford to pay but that shyster Lawwell instead of paying it or as results and performances are * pathetic he could have sacked him as anybody that cant do their job is usually sacked . Stalemate and the 2 dickheads dont want to back down now .. Desmond if he had any balls would sack the * pair of them long before we got to this stage .

The Prof likes this.