1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Potential Manager Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by CountyDownFaithful, Nov 5, 2020.

Discuss Potential Manager Suggestions? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Al Bootyerbaws

I take it a lot of folk got the Eddie Howe whatsapp the night.

Finishing touches now being applied to Eddie Howe’s Celtic contract with details still to be finalised in Jason Tindall’s (assistant manager) offer. It is expected Howe will be unveiled by Friday 29th with Martin Reilly now negotiating Neil Lennon’s severance package. Dermot Desmond had hoped to have matters completed by Monday next week but the hold up is is purely on minor contractual / legal details. Eddie Howe will be the new Celtic boss.

Gioventu likes this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Tindall sitting top of the Championship with Bournemouth, going to chuck it to be no.2 at Celtic.

Although they try to redeem themselves by name dropping that Marty Reilly *.

As Sellick WhatsApp rumours go, just OK 5.5/10

SuperZidane and Peej like this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Surely a guy still in with a shout of promotion from the English Championship coming as his assistant is bull. Guy is obviously doing ok as the main man.

4. Gioventu UTLR Gold Member

Howe would be a fantastic appointment. Won’t believe it till I see it though.

5. Al Bootyerbaws

I’ve been forwarded loads of these daft whatsapps and I don’t think any of them have been legit once.

martin_d likes this.
  6. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    The Rodgers ones a few years back turned out not to be too far off the mark

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

littlekennie likes this.
  7. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Did you no get the Wembley lasagne one?

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  8. James Gold Member Gold Member

That's the 4th time Eddie Howe has been appointed this year

9. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Yeh I’m not buying it that tindal is in with a shout for promotion and would never leave a no1 post to be no2 not even at Celtic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. jamiebhoy67

Can someone explain this to me he's spent massively on tht squad and it's getting pumped every week much like Lennon up here he's the English version of what's happening to us absolutely mental folk want him

martin_d likes this.
  11. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    Whoever it is id rather have a perm manager in than a stop gap to the end of the season.

A stop gap to to the end of the season only adds to the uncertainty at the end of the season and doesnt give the manager a chance to assess the squad before the summer clearout

12. Scotzbhoy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He's having a poor season just now, but last year he wasn't spending big money, brought youth through and did very well. We need a manager who will blood in young players to compensate for a lack of transfer activity. Secondly, he brings some prestige. The huns are able to attract a better quality of player than they used to because the allure of working with Gerrard made up for the lack of money or quality opposition compared to England. Lampard here would level the playing field in that regard.

Andybhoy93 likes this.
  13. ThatBhoyLarsson

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King of Kings, At the moment Scott Brown, Lustig or Matthews.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry, YNWA,
    Lads I’d take * anyone like anyone just get Lennon to *!

14. jamiebhoy67

Right I see ur point with that but tell me one player other than Defoe who has came to work under Gerrard who would come into to our team on paper we have better players that's my reply for that point mate .

Your other point so u want lampard based on last season because he didn't spend money and done well you know who else done well and didn't spend alot in comparison the man we have now the situations are almost identical and I find it baffling you want him just for the name. We are going need to spend big to rebuild in the summer.

Eddie Howe is by far a superior choice over lampard to promote the youth over lampard. However this is all pointless because the real root of the problem is lawell there's only been 2 managers of my lifetime who have had and demanded total control of the football side MON and BR until we get a proper CEO who will let the manager do his job this is all pointless Lennon is a puppet the same way lampard is a puppet for abramovic or however you spell it this is Celtic football club and we shouldn't employ a manager just for the sake of igniting an English rivalry from 2 guys who don't give a * about either one mental imo no offence that's your opinion but that's my take on it.

15. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Precisely what I’ve been thinking ever since people started bringing up his name.

16. gary88

Did Eddie Howe not get homesick in Burnley? Don't see him moving to Glasgow if that's the case

17. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I've said Eddie Howe would be my choice and think he'd be a great appointment.

Steve Clarke is a different type, but I'd also be quite happy with him. Not a 'sexy' appointment but gets teams doing the basics well and is well-respected as a proper coach. Could see us being a bit stronger in Europe under him.

18. SuperZidane

Indeed - I could see Howe coming to Celtic and clearly Lennon would negotiate a severance package.

I struggle to see why Tindall would leave Bournemouth when he's got them in the top 3 in the championship.

That's the most unlikely claim in the "rumour"

19. MrSpeaker89

Barak Bakhar. He's the former Hapoel Be'er Sheva boss, and current Maccabi Haifa manager.

Has a very good record.

At Be'er Sheva: 144 games, 90 wins, 33 draws, 21 defeats. (Win rate 62.5%)

At Maccabi: 19 games, 14 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats (Win rate 73.68%)

Fits the mould of what we may be looking at - especially if the unemployed Eddie Howe is deemed "fantasy".

Not sure what kind of money Bakhar would be on, but surely this should be within our budget. He's young, has won leagues and cups and managed in the Europa League. Only took the job last July, though. So may want to stay in Israel.

Anyone else get the impression Peter Lawwell isn't looking outside of the UK, though?

20. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Supposably benitez is fresh out of work and looking to get back in. Just seen on a FB page