1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Christie

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by LloydsGamble, Aug 28, 2015.

Discuss Ryan Christie in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ak1

Just feel he is in no way suited to playing out wide on the right.

Far to often he drifts infield, reducing the space in the middle and denying us an option out wide.

His best position is as a 10, where he can go chasing after 2nd balls. But even then he’s more like Stefan Johansen than a Tom R or Turnbull who have better technical ability

My * we’ve missed Forest this season

ede likes this.
  2. northeast67

Half hearted, scared to get injured and screw his transfers options

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ve never disliked a good footballer for Celtic as much as I do Christie.

He is that frustrating he is a constant irritant and that’s despite the fact he’s capable of absolute class moments like the Cup Final at any given minute.

The Phoenix and Rydo1888* like this.
  4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Absolutely rank rotten last night, and another who Lenny is way too loyal to, guy should have been hooked. And then * out of that tackle, he is up there with Nicham now in my book. A few spectacular goals have masked over a player whos heart is not in it anymore.

5. SteveyNico67

Another one to add to the growing list of ‘playing like you’re a man down’

Christie
    Barkas
    Duffy....

and that’s all on NFL

honda and Dan Breen like this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Unbelievable how he lasted 95 minutes

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Actually have a dislike to him and never understood the praise he gets. About 1 in 300 shots go in. About 0 in an entire season or crosses go in. Armstrong was miles better.

8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I don’t get why he gets a game before some of the other young players who are ready to break through like Robertson and Henderson.

It’s clear this can’t wants away, give other younger players a chance.

Dip 'n' Swerve likes this.
  9. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    It is Lenny’s fault. He keeps playing him on the right but he is no winger. Thats why he ALWAYS comes inside. I don’t think I can remember any time he tried to hit the byline.

Christie is a number 10 and should be playing central or in a free role. But I’d take Turnball over him. Turnball has shown he offers a lot more, better passing, better creativity, less greedy, better corner/free kick taker and can also score from distance.

10. Dip 'n' Swerve

going backwards, useless, goes missing in games esp the bigger games, ominous and not influential for a club to be completing on all levels ship him down south to sit on a subs bench

11. Dip 'n' Swerve

any player who bottles out of a tackle isn't for me him and mc gregor are always at it

12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Positionally, very true. But he should know better that when he is deployed as a right winger he needs to at least be there, he's a selfish * and a * player most days.

Lennon should have dropped him ages ago and played Harper or Dembele and tried to coach them. But Lennon's * as well, and he doesn't do that.

But that doesn't take away from Christie being positionally undisciplined, that he is greedy as *, the ludicrous amount of long range shots when a pass in to the box is on etc.

And last night topped it off for me, I genuinely don't think he contributed one moment of positive play all night.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

13. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Is he *. He is nowhere good enough techically to play there.
    He has one good attribute, he can run all day .. that's it..

The Dude and dbhoy72 like this.
  14. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail
    I'm quite wary of calling out players for their performances, especially when its a large group that are underperforming.

What has particularly irked me about Christie, and this is based on what I see from him. He does a lot to make him look good or appear to be doing well.

He is ill-disciplined with pressing and it leaves others hung out to dry. He is wasteful with his shooting. And is now just playing first time passes on virtually every occasion. For a player who is pretty selfish with his play.

He shirked his responsibility for marking on the 2nd Hibs goal Easter Road, hanging Frimpong out to dry.

Aimlessly chases and closes down at the wrong angle and pace. Pretty basic stuff for a player at this level

And while playing right-hand side doesn't suit him. He has a responsibility to fulfil the duties properly. And for me he hasn't done it.

Again, he is part of a massively underperforming side. And its hardly surprising his best showing this season was out of the Celtic jersey.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  15. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    As long as he has a hole in his * then he will never be a winger .
    Come on Southampton, offer us 10 million for him and I will drive him to the airport.

SteveyNico67 and The67Sound like this.
  16. SteveyNico67

and the occasional Worldy

1 in 100.

Kris Commons, i miss you.....

17. PaddyBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Joos Valgaeren
    Extremely poor last night.

And that's being generous

18. Popes 11 Guest

Can’t stand the guy!

19. stew37

Think I'm maybe the only person that still likes him on here. Don't think he's been great recently but this is during a time when not many have, and can't ever fault his effort. Before Turnbull and Soro were put in the team I often felt he was the only one in danger of creating something. Find on here particularly, folk criticise like * any little thing people like him or Taylor for example do wrong.

Don't think he's being used correctly here and reckon he'll do well down in England.

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

i thought he was playing right central midfield the other night not right wing

i dont understand why he cant play center midfield, 3 years back when he broke into the side he played some of his best stuff in center midfield with mcgregor

whatever that was one shocking performance the other night doesnt deserve to start the next game

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021