1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. northeast67

Childish and unprofessional from our captain, the wee guy must be about 16 aswel, just win the ball back Broony

McKagan and Dan Breen like this.
  2. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    So stupid and needless today. Acted just like Lennon did on Monday. Both being their old childish selves whilst fooling everyone into thinking they had matured.

Can’t believe how quickly it turned for Brown. Don’t think he is good enough to even play for Livingston these days!

His contract is still up after this season right?

3. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

its actually sad how his celtic career is ending like this

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Absolutely no excuse, bang out of order, just when we needed a bit of drive, leadership. Would partially forgive it it was some hun * like Morales or Naysmith, but a kid. First thing the new manager should do is make Ajer captain

5. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I'm not saying he should be playing as often as he is now. That was up to the club to manage this eventuality. But to say he is limited or gets a free pass is bollocks.

He's a defensive minded midfielder, he's hardly going to have the breadth of ability of Ronaldo. He did his job well.

Have you seen the criticism he's been getting throughout his career? Constantly been told he's past it but shows time and again he isn't. Time has caught up with him, but he should've been managed out this season like I said.

He is undoubtedly a Celtic legend. Unquestionable, really.

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd make that his last game until the last game of the season to wave goodbye to the empty crowds. If him and lennon are still here, the crowds will look the same next season covid or not.

Hammy89 likes this.
  7. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Last night panto from Brown was as bad as the penalty he gave away at Hibs.

Brainless.

The Phoenix and Artorias like this.
  8. TheHappyLoss

Smacks of frustration from a man that knows it’s over. Was exactly what we didn’t need, but shouldn’t detract for what he’s achieved with us. Legend and wind up merchant. Sadly players get old and a bit *.

The67Sound and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The hard man act was passable at times when we were winning.

Completely embarrassing now.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This in a nutshell..

That was definitely frustration of his part and where we are just now and being unable to do anything..

He should know better and it was still inexcusable..

I still feel for him though. I've seen a guy who has been thrown under the bus time and time again and I can still picture how many time's I've seen him sitting on the sidelines looking completely demoralised..

A genuine sad moment..

That hasn't cost us the league or anything. It was long gone..

11. truedub1916

He’s almost a parody now. This Hard man *. Look at me I wear a t shirt it the cold training. Last night look at me I’m coming on as a sub so I’ll take my time putting my shirt on so everyone will say looking at Scott brown the mad hard * no top in the snow, legend
    That only works if you back it up with dominant commanding performances on the pitch

last night he played and acted like someone who has so little respect for the manager that he would lie on a sun lounger in a holiday resort drinking pints with the manager

Free the Adblock likes this.
  12. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    He’s a bit of a * in real life too tbh.

13. ddub11

Silly last night and no excuse,it would be one thing if it was a hun game with a red hot atmosphere and something at stake (cup game,or the league was tight)and he got caught up in the heat of the battle.

But a game with nothing at stake,no fans ,no atmosphere and he,s only on and he goes and does that.Its makes no sense other than he didnt want to go on and got him self sent off on purpose.

johnboy19 likes this.
  14. stew37

Can only regard it as a poor reaction to a * situation. He's a professional, but he's human. No idea why he was brought on. Like most of our manager's decisions, only made sense to him.

Only good thing is that Lennon can't bring him on now needlessly in the next game when we're chasing a winner.

15. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Been saying for a while broony is past it. I think it is very obvious for all too see now that he is past it. Last night was a very silly moment at a time we did indeed need a leader. Broony probably came on with all the intent in the world to be that leader but he is no longer cut out to be that man.

All the sub decisions were poor last night, I include broony in that. Time for him to call it a day.

16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    This is another reason he needs to follow his manager and Lawwell out the door at the end of the season.

Don’t want him here as a coach and like I’ve said before we need them all gone to start a fresh

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I’m not suggesting he needs to be Ronaldo.

He’s been heralded as a defensive midfielder which as I say, some people think running about going in to 50/50s constitutes a good holding midfielder.

In reality his positional sense is really poor and let runners drift off him far too easy even in his prime, much to the detriment of the team.

No questioning his passion or commitment but it’s a sign of how poorly we’re run as a club if Brown is classed as indispensable and our first choice midfielder for over a decade, and I maintain he’s had more poor seasons than good ones.

Foley1888 likes this.
  18. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    He has been integral to Celtic for a decade. He has been one of our better players for a decade. There's no shame in that for us.

I think that this season has hampered people's perception of him. But it's absolute hun-like behaviour to suggest he hasn't been important for Celtic or be ashamed of it.

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Hun like for suggesting that he’s not been as good as made out?

Nae * bother.

That’s the same pish that got levelled at fans when they dared step out of line and question ‘Lenny’.

As for being one of our best players in the last decade, again I’d have to disagree.

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Thank * Henrik didn’t stay with us until he was past it. Saved people the effort of calling him a useless * when he wasn’t great anymore.

The67Sound and McChiellini.. like this.