1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Wed 20th of Jan 2021, KO 20:15. Sky Sports.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Jan 16, 2021.

Discuss Livingston v Celtic, Scottish Premiership. Wed 20th of Jan 2021, KO 20:15. Sky Sports. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He's here till the end of the season, a defeat will not end him.

We have to win. But I'm not expecting us to.

Rydo1888* likes this.
  2. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Snow lying in Livingston now, freezing temperatures too...

3. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    So game will likely be off?

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bit premature to say but maybe

5. StevieBhoooy!

wanting Lennon sacked is wanted by 90+% of us now..... but I think it’s clear it won’t happen right now irrespective of the next result(s)...

and again... 90% or more of us are utterly apathetic about the game ...

.... but I’d still rather hear afterwards that we had win even if I wasn’t watching/listening to/following the game.

ok.. the league is all but numerically gone.. but why concede it to the Huns in January?

We know they can drop points and there’ll be more dropped by them... and if they are going to win the league then we need to take it as far as we can rather than just let them cruise to a cosy finish.

I’m disgusted with the club from top to bottom ... but I still want a performance every time we play. I’ll live in hope that our covid issues are about to end and that Sevcos are just about to begin and fate dishes them out the same (or more) collateral damage that we’ve ‘suffered’ and endured.

Things can turn quickly in football but not if we don’t start helping ourselves...

PiotreQ likes this.
  6. CountyDownFaithful

I appreciate what you’re saying. Ultimately I’d like us to get back to winning ways as well. But at what cost?

Does a winning run give Lennon a lifeline? In Lawwell’s eyes it certainly would.

I thought after the defeat at Ibrox that there was still some hope but we’ve dropped points in our last 2 games and the gap has extended. The league is over. Rangers haven’t lost all season and they aren’t going to lose 5 or 6 games now. Likewise, we won’t win every game between now and the end of the season.

The change we all want needs to happen now, if we want to be ready for reclaiming our dominance next season. 100% of the support will get behind the next manager.

Dan Breen likes this.
  7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I don't want us to lose, but I also don't give a * if we do. Been like that for a while now.

The league was over ages ago. Whether we win, lose or draw, it really makes no difference. We won't finish 1st or 3rd.

The Dude and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Aye * moonbeam stuff. Wanting the team beat because it will make fans feel better to add more persuasion to their argument. Lennon will be on his way and judging by his comments yesterday, he knows it. The last thing any Celtic fan should wish for is to fall further behind the filth to make them feel fantastic about how * we are. We need things to turn now and these players will be under no illusions that they are fighting for their career at Celtic. The ones who want away won’t give a * but they won’t have to face the music.

seamus1967, TheWolf and Sean Daleer like this.
  9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Even under Brady/Macari and now under lennon I'll still want us to win.

10. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Same as me , always want Celtic to win, won’t make any difference to the league and people saying hope we lose so Lennon gets sacked, he’s fell so far anyway he couldn’t really fall any farther, is losing benefits absolutely no one except the scum having more ammunition to laugh at us this season which personally is the least of my worries, laughed and slagged them into the ground last 8 year so can take a bit back

PiotreQ and bobs1974 like this.
  11. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    * right mate.

Mon the hoops.

:ynwacelti

12. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I cant believe people are still leaving rogic out of their teams.

Mate you just done get what the wizard of oz brings to the table

13. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He played in the last game and was woeful

packybhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  14. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He was absolutely * at a time when we needed him the most just there.

packybhoy and CountyDownFaithful like this.
  15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Mare like 100%. Surely there is absolutely nobody wants to retain Lennon.
    Cannot believe rockets wanting Celtic to get beat. Will a Livi win affect Lennys position, I doubt it.
    Lets all get behind the team.

16. The Dude

Why are people still pretending that they cannot understand why a Celtic supporter would be happy for Celtic to lose if it forced change?

If you are still willing and able to tolerate this shambles, more power to you. Some of us have had enough, and are concerned about the medium to long-term future of the club. Every Celtic supporter wants Celtic to win, but some of us can see that we are dying a slow death, and that a win will simply prolong the suffering.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
  17. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've not written him off like many others have, I still think he can offer something under a new manager if they utilize him better, but after his last two performances, he doesn't deserve to start this one, plus his knees aren't the greatest for plastic surfaces anyway. Although I feel it's slightly harsh to judge his last performance given he's not a striker & was asked to fulfill a role he's not got the attributes to fulfill.

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Can’t contain the excitement. Can’t wait to get absolute fuming as we give away 20 free kicks just outside the box for them to swing in to our solid defence from set plays. Should deal with them all ok. :D

19. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

The game will be on, they just need to get the hoovers oot for the carpet and hoover up all that snow and ice, and don't miss any bits.

20. Big C

I understand the anger but I don’t understand the comment, “I don’t give a * if we do”. I hate seeing my team being beaten no matter how bad the situation at board level is.
    There’s no way Lennon is staying, in my opinion he was going at the end of the season even if we’d won the 10.