1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. rickyroma25

Was no big deal really. Just looked genuinely happy for him having a good game.

2. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Love him. More gutted for him than anyone else about this season.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    This 100%..

He's been destroyed and hung out to dry this season..

Disgusting in all honesty..

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

LIKE most players the wrong side of 30, retirement is an ever-increasing spectre looming over Scott Brown. And if the Celtic captain wasn’t exactly looking forward to that prospect before, 10 days in the house during self-isolation has only increased those feelings of dread for when the day comes to hang up his boots.

What is for certain is that after a trophy-laden career with Celtic, he doesn’t want it all to end on something of a whimper, as a season he hoped would prove the crowning glory of his stay at the club threatens to descend into farce.

A decision on whether this will indeed be his last season at Celtic may hinge heavily on the level of his involvement on the field – or lack of - over the next few months, as he tries to determine what path his future will take.

“I wouldn’t say my mind has been made up or changed,” Brown said. “It’s for me to sit down and think about my options, whether I want to continue in football or in coaching or elsewhere.

“I’ve not exactly sat down and thought about it yet. We will just wait and see but you never know, if I’m still playing here in three, four, five months’ time you never know.

“I’m not thinking that far ahead. We have a huge game against Livingston coming up [tonight] and we’re taking it one game at a time. It’s not for everyone to worry about my situation – myself, the manager and Peter Lawwell will sit down and sort that out together.

“Until that happens, we’ll just concentrate on getting back to winning ways.”

One thing that is for sure, is that Brown is relieved to be back at Lennoxtown, and able to contribute once more as the club attempts to dig itself out of the rather large hole it finds itself in at present.

“It’s been good being back in training,” he said. “It was obviously pretty hard doing the isolation in the house but the lads managed to keep themselves as fit as the possibly could.

“Here’s hoping we’ve not lost too much in terms of fitness and we’re looking forward to the game, which should be a good one for us.

“I think it’s the longest I’ve been away from Lennoxtown when the lads have been in training that I’ve ever had and it’s shown me that retirement is not going to be great. But I want to stick about in the game as long as I possibly can.

“Don’t get me wrong, it was good to see the kids, but I love coming into my work and I love working hard. It’s not a chore for me to come into my work. It’s something I love to do.”

Brown may not be in the side for the trip to Livingston this evening, with Ismaila Soro continuing to shine in the defensive midfield berth despite the team’s patchy form as a whole. Regardless, he will just be relieved to be able to make his presence felt, even if it is just behind the scenes, after the torture of watching the last two games on the television.

“It was difficult,” he admitted. “Obviously, not being able to go along and give the lads a hand, have a chat with them before the game and at half-time. It’s always hard when you’re part of it but not really there.

“At the same time, I felt for the manager and John Kennedy because they’re two huge influences in that changing room. They speak well before the game about the tactics and they sort everything out.

“There was a lot of pressure put on Gavin Strachan’s shoulders but he was fantastic and he did as well as he possibly could have done but the gaffer and John are back with him now so here’s hoping they get a good result on Wednesday.”

One of the possible career paths being mulled over by Brown is management, with Neil Lennon himself tipping his captain to one day step into the Celtic dugout. Has seeing the stick that Lennon has taken of late put him off that particular option though?

“No,” he said. “Seeing him come in and work as hard as he does – and how hard everyone at Lennoxtown works – and especially how we prepare for game days [is inspiring].

“Then there’s the way we set up for training, when we get days off and how much time we have for recovery and then how we train in the two or three days before a match and how it’s built up.

“I like that part of things: I enjoy it. Management is never going to be easy – there are always going to be people out there who think they know better because they’ve been playing Football Manager throughout their career and they know the best line-up.

“Ask them to give a team talk to the lads, though, and they would struggle. A lot of people have their say now - it’s part and parcel of living in 2021.”

5. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    Broony.

* hero.

bagforlife and SteveyNico67 like this.
  6. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I dont blame Brownie for this mess we are in the now, I blame Lenny for lack of game management.
    Its been clear for a while that Brown has been in decline, so Lenny should have seen this, got Soro in earlier and still had Brown contributing from the bench, used to see out games but more importantly, using his personality to motivate the squad, setting the standards in training. Reckon the players would have responded to him in that capacity, was actually painfull to watch him in decline this season, playing 90min for 3 games a week. * poor management by Lenny.
    Going forward, I would be all for keeping him in a non playing capacity in the hopefully new set up. The guy has major attributes.
    Just a shame the way things are panning out for him, no fault of his own.

7. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Brainless.
    The hard man act doesn’t wash now either.
    Made a * of himself tonight.

TheWolf, Morcombe and martin_d like this.
  8. paulmcq1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgeady, donati, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    As useless a * as the rest of them. Just get to * along with lennon

Morcombe and martin_d like this.
  9. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Actually thinking all the players including him are conspiring against Lennon, could of got himself sent off deliberately.

Morcombe likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's done..

Clearly came on and wanted to quicken the process of the manager getting the sack..

A disgusting impact..

11. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Embarrassing.

Gave the * a very easy decision to make.

Not even gonna get into the ins and outs of whether it was harsh.

12. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    Stupid thing to do.

But game was finished before then.

Should have been retired at the end of last season.

martin_d likes this.
  13. Lewis Kerr

Please retire.

Morcombe likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing

Morcombe and martin_d like this.
  15. davidhannah

I'm sure the players read the forum. Extremely disappointing from Scott Brown. Pathetic honestly. You're better than that you clown.

Peej likes this.
  16. James Gold Member Gold Member

Deserves every bit of stick if not more than Bitton got.

17. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

I’ve never really been his biggest fan. A decent player on his day. Vastly overrrated by many.

Sadly he’s looked done this season and when your still doing stuff like that at his age its embarrassing.

18. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    * was he thinking, swinging his arm in that motion only gives the hun * refs the opportunity to send you off, you should know better, we needed him to come on, calm things down and compose the teama nd instead he did that, total * tonight.

19. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I'm one of the fans who've probably been hardest on him this season, and I'm absolutely livid with him after tonight, particularly since he did that ridiculous 'we're a fantastic team' interview earlier this week, after being garbage all year.

But there is absolutely zero need for saying he'd get himself sent off deliberately. Bang out of line with that in all honesty, mate. He's gone so far down in my estimations this year that I just want him out the door, but even I would never treat someone who has previously given so much to the club like that. That's still the last thing he would ever do to Celtic, no matter how much of a horror show the manager is.

20. wd2oo3 Gold Member Gold Member

Missed this tonight completely went to do something came back red card was like *