1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikey Johnston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Keano88, May 6, 2017.

Discuss Mikey Johnston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I refuse to judge any player under the current set up we have.

2. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Think he will be better under a better regime but I don't get the hype and think he's overrated. Will probably end up in lower leagues down South or another spl team.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.
  3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

players that come through at other teams are more advanced in their development because they get played in the first team, keeping players in our development sides i dont think works the whole lot of them would be better getting loaned out and getting hardened to first team experience at other clubs rather than wasted away and then getting let go in their early 20's at celtic

even if they are good enough because we need to win every game means they dont get into the team so they stagnate

4. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Does that include Duffy?

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

I said Player :50: :67:

6. Crilly

This is exactly how I feel. This set up would have De Bruyne looking like Gary gardener

callumrae1967, martin_d and The Prof like this.
  7. JamesM09

He needs coached.

Like everyone else he his development has been neglected for 18 months and he's thrown onto the field without any proper instruction or plan.

8. Dubliner1

Seems to have not improved physically. Could be like 99% of young players who don't make the grade that their younger days would have them playing them at. The last 2 games he hasn't shown anything that would make you say he's a prospect. He lost out to his direct opponent against Hibs & Livi too many times when one on one.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The rat raved about him..

Chelsea wanted him..

Duff waxed lyrical about him..

He murdered it for the academy side's..

He's already showed that he can be a big player for the first team before injury and in big game's away at the huns/in Europe etc..

Poster's on here are saying he's * though because he hasn't been great in 2 game's, after being out for over 9 month or something. Lol..

10. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

In all fairness, the rat raved about Jack Hendry and Chelsea wanted Craig Gordon. All about opinions though man, and we'll see how he does under a decent manager with a good run without any injuries.

11. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    Still think he should be showing something in the games he had. Here to be proved wrong about him as always but just get that feeling he's a bit weak and lacks something.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If he's still the same 7/8 game's in and no playing up top with Harper or behind an unfit, number 9 Rogic...I'll take your point's chap's..

I can imagine Lennon's instructions....."* off you if you can't beat your man"..

Under new management with a better setup and actual style of play....I think we'll see him flourish..

Dan Breen and The Phoenix like this.
  13. Dip 'n' Swerve

I was looking forward to him coming back into the fray, hopefully like a new signing, still early to tell but he seems like a flash in the pan and I am seeing nothing that excites me about him - the only hope is a good pre-season and see about next year, I would rather have a ready made and ready to go natural left winger with directness and pace.

When is forrest back, never thought I would be happy to see him come back!!!

14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Like some of the new players, even the older ones, we really can't be judging too many of them.

Some players need to take a look at their own attitudes for sure, but overall we can't argue about how dugshit Lennon is, how devoid of ideas, coaching, development, style, anything that Lennon is - then go on to also blame players.
    It's clear Lennon is the bigger issue and when it comes to new players and younger ones like Mikey, I'm not going to be too harsh on them at this stage. Not their fault they are still learning their trade but the manager has no interest in communicating the basics to them.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

15. Dip 'n' Swerve

unfortunately football isn't a business of patience and time - the best way is to loan players out get them real life match experience, it isn't all tv interviews and fancy training grounds - ajer mc gregor etc - they all come back better improved players.

polish paddy isn't the answer we could be waiting another 2 years - he isn't the answer and will never be.
    MJ needs to grow up quick and start showing positive attitude and do it on the pitch esp from here on in

Yes lennon and the board have been keek, let us not forget the majority of goals are uncoachable to a certain degree, it is just down right lazy, sloppy on field decision making...

- duffy against Aberdeen
    - bitton getting caught off guard v the rangers
    - Christie not going in hard last night before the second goal
    - the player need to be held to account also - they play the games, they need to pass the ball with more conviction, they need to take more chances which we are squandering and kill off games.

if ajer scores last night at 3-1 the game is almost over - fine margins make big differences.

In re: Mikey it was his own fault last season he didn't want to come of thinking he knew best and ended up wrecking himself.

at the minute the faith is in the player to do the business and almost ignore lennon, I didn't see lennon on the touch line showing faith and telling them to push for the win, I did see him throw snuff to the ground on 88 mins - not a good look throwing the towel in.

we are wrong on so many levels - a team of egos, individuals and players who think they are better than they actually are with a manager who is on a sinking ship.

16. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Did someone say he played well against Sevco? Seriously? So it was some other lightweight player with the physical presence of an empty crisp bag I watched be brushed aside?

He can sand dance as a sub after the opposition have been worn down and worn out, but, sadly, he is not going to help in a battle and when we are at an all time low.

Bit part player. Not the answer.

17. Popes 11 Guest

From what I’ve seen he has decent ability with no consistent end product, looks unfit and seems to be on his * due to being lightweight and coached poorly.

18. belfastcelt Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson - currently tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    scotty sinclair
    I remember thinking forrest was finished at the club before the rat came in.

So with the right manager and being believed in, i think MJ can show the potential he must show in training

littlekennie likes this.
  19. shaunm

What’s his best position?lw?inside forward,number 9?number 10?would he be be better playing rw?he’s played a few positions in the first team,he’s clearly talented,hopefully between now and the summer he can step up and cement his place in the starting 11

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

shows how fuckn * we have been were looking at a young guy whose done hardly anything in a celtic shirt to save us

blackfish likes this.