1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can we do 9IAR again starting from next season

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Jan 18, 2021.

Discuss Can we do 9IAR again starting from next season in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

I think we should be planning for the long term and that it's something we haven't done enough. There doesn't seem to be a proper development strategy in place and we're badly in need of one. Our youth programme and scouting network is substandard.

But you're right, we need to fix the mess that we're in now and focus on rebuilding, rather than a fantastical 9 in a row that would be impossible without significant change.

I'm glad the obsession with the 10 is over. I think it's hampered us on the European stage for too long (largely due to our own incompetence and lack of ambition).

Seán Mac D likes this.
  2. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I’m having chicken curry tonight and I can’t decide between rice or chips tbh.

TimFloyd likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Jesus Christ..

End me now :90:

4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I genuinely never want to hear about 10 in a row again in my life..

Bin it, never sing about it....fuckall..

gordyf and Gully Sands like this.
  5. Aidan O’Shea

No. In all likelihood Rangers will win the league again next season, and possibly the following one, too.

The size of the rebuild shouldn’t be underestimated; from boardroom, to the dugout, to the pitch. Frustratingly, we only have ourselves to blame for not consolidating a position of complete dominance. Nothing more than arrogance and complacency.

6. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed, we need succession planning and a way of handling change in managers that doesn't result in destabilising overhauls every 2-4 years when they want big changes behind the scenes.

Positive incremental changes by proper football men, not arrogant boardroom ghouls. Also none of that long-term planning would involve the possibility of winning 'X in a row', it's that sort of arrogance that leads to people taking their off the ball on the here and now.

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  7. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
  8. Mr. Slippyfist

No offence, but this is a really annoying thread...

theweeman, Gundog and ladbroke8 like this.
  9. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Nope, not a * chance.

For me the amount of damage that’s currently happening it’s gonna take at least 2/3 years to fix.

Im basing that on previous incidents with DD and the board when we have handed them titles as Oldco.

We will do the same once again and get a cheap * manager in place who will put us back further.

10. Cringer67

the state we are in we should be more worried about the hun's doing 9 in a row again. Over reacting? Most definitely, but thats how scunnered i feel right now.

11. vortex666

1 No chance.. And let's be honest out of the 3 9 in a rows really the first one celtic done won't be topped. The huns cheated on there one. Plus 1st time we actually held our own in Europe. 2.. Another reason I hope we can get out of this league and play in some sort of European league structure. We need huge inprovement in Europe as that's where money will be. get out of this dug * league where we play against some of the honestly worst fitba teams in Europe week in week out.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
  12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    For me, the quest for the 10 IAR actually resulted in a more impressive domestic achievement that hadn’t been thought of prior - a quadruple treble.

Priority from now on should be Europe for me. If we prioritise that then the league can take care of itself. The negligence in Europe over the last number of years has been shocking.

theweeman and LloydsGamble like this.
  13. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Club is full of young talent and the inevitable new manager should be given the time to develop and utilise that. There should be zero loans coming into the club over the next 12 months unless it's an option to buy or exceptional circumstances. The 10 is gone, need to stop looking at what the other lot are doing and put solid structures in place and let the club grow on/off pitch. I'd rather we put a focus on youth development and Europe. league then will take care of itself

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

14. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    * the 9. We could do 9 in a row 10 different times for the next 2 centuries it wouldn't matter a *. The ten was all, everybody knows it, and Celtic utterly * it.

Complete incompetent arrogance from all levels of the club and the biggest competitive advantage in global football history has been squandered. Despite the fact we've got the best players, biggest stadium, most money, most fans, best training facilities and best youth academy we are second best and with them now having CL money and us being atrocious in Europe it's not looking good.

15. gordyf

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Totally agree, 10IAR can get to *, or another 9 for that matter. I couldn’t find that option on the poll.

I’d far sooner take being on top domestically most years along with being able perform to a level in Europe we can be proud of.

Sick of European mediocrity getting pumped out the champions league by sides who cost a fraction of ours to put together. 10IAR has blinded us the last couple years from a terminal decline in our capability to compete on the continent.

16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Paul John Dykes often makes the point about thee longest period of domination outwith the 9 in a rows since the first one has been 3 seasons. At this current rate, I could well see that lot winning next year again, after that who knows....but you’d imagine if Gerrard gets a decent job offer he’ll be gone. Equally, even if the whole squad bar a handful of players is ripped up, if we get a raft of new, promising players in added to changes in the upper echelons of the club and a galvanising new, proven manager, we could steam roll the league. It’s all hypothetical.

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Voted yes if Double L stays.

18. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    No.

We'll be going for 11 next season.

19. Los Palmas 7 something strange happened Gold Member

WHEN'S OUR * HOTEL GETTING BUILT GODDAMMIT HH.

20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We can, I don't think we will but we can. To be honest I think it will take a year to rebuild after so many players leave this summer