1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    We made some ‘minor slip-ups’ according to Kennedy so it’s not correct to say we didn’t break any rules.

It has a fair bit to do with the Scottish government unfortunately, given they’re leading Scotland’s pandemic response.

oh bhoy likes this.
  2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    marty89 likes this.
  3. Dubliner1

100% spot on. Bad enough for the usual suspects in the press and politics to attack us but what has happened to our own support.

4. James Gold Member Gold Member

Who cares what Scotland or the huns did ?

Fact of the matter we all knew it was stupid (not illegal) to go to Dubai in the first place it was a completely unnecessary risk to take and if the season wasn't already gone then Dubai killed it dead. We've had Lawwell come out and apologise the day after Kennedy acknowledged rules were broken we also had Strachan defend the trip now we have Lennon with the least apologetic apology in history the club is a * shambles from top to bottom. The media aren't doing a hatchet job the club are doing a hatchet job it's total self sabotage at this point. All that without even mentioning the guy who tested positive is out for 3/4 months. I honestly don't know how you can look at the season as a whole and stand by what the club has done

King of Kings likes this.
  5. JamesM09

I can't believe some Celtic fans are actually pleased with his comments today. People need to get their heads checked.

6. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I wasn’t dithering about the money tbh I was asking the other guy realised that that money had been spent, no matter if we went or not.

The unders position is quite the minefield, partly using the furlough system to save money (as all companies are allowed to do) and partly for the reasonings I gave about the SFA, that would have had to be a huge part of the decision to furlough.

Like you, myself and many others have said, morally wrong - completely but apart from that have they done anything wrong? - no.

Id like to know how many people cancelled holidays this year due to the pandemic? Having had 2 cancelled on me (booked before the pandemic) I know what it’s like to do it, also the fact your waiting on government guidelines continuously. This is the same for every U.K. citizen. Again the only thing I stick up for the trip is they done the exact same as every other person in the U.K. are allowed to do, only our government and the press have literally done all they can to make us the sacrificial lamb. I’d it’s 30 players for a football team or 30 * on a stag, it’s the same rules just the 30 players from a club get used as an example because “they’re privileged” that’s the issue we have here.

7. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Its genuinely a very low point as a Celtic supporter, for me.

We’ve stuck two fingers up to the entire pandemic response - government officials, the NHS, key workers, the general public - and just dug our heels in. The fact that one of those isolating has now tested positive, and he’s just gone and called it a ‘ludicrous’ decision to enforce isolation on those very players, is just shameful.

8. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

GBNL mate

KTF, hail hail and YNWA :shamrock:

9. marty89

"Cause they wanted their wee jolly"

What do you call the last visits to Dubai, 'jollies'?

The word 'jolly' was a headline in a newspaper so I won't repeat the crap those drama queens publish out with referencing how it is empty verbose rag talk.

No rules were broken.
    The government was consulted.
    The close contact procedures are established.

Not being treated the same has resulted in us being disadvantaged by squad availability for two matches. Or are you one of them that believes the mighty rangers beat a full strength top form flying high Porto myths?

Noskeil likes this.
  10. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Still can’t see anything in there that states a football club shouldn’t be going to Dubai. I agree they shouldn’t have gone and said So in my first post but my point remains about government involvement after the event.

I’m not saying sturgeon is savaging Celtic but she does seem to get involved where Celtic are concerned!! Had a lot to say and actually called our games off at start of season even though other clubs have had similar incidents yet no government involvement. So much for this.... “We set out the rules, it is not the role of the Scottish Government. We are not formally on the Joint Response Group. It is not our role to give approval or not give approval to what a football team is doing”

Noskeil likes this.
  11. JamesM09

I still can't believe he said that. He genuinely tried to criticise our players self isolating. If they hadn't done that our whole squad would be struck down at this very minute.

One thing I'll say about Lennon is he isn't an idiot. He's definitely tried some sort of Trump-ism there.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. oh bhoy

The Celtic support have every right to give it to them tight if that's how they feel about Dubai but * Andy walker the media and the snp

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Ah it’s all a conspiracy for the huns to win the league. Celtic did nothing wrong. Lennon is a hero for sticking it to the authorities.

Did I do okay?

rickyroma25 and King of Kings like this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
  16. Dubliner1

If we were 21 points clear you wouldn't hear a beat from our support. That's what I don't like

Pogues and oh bhoy like this.
  17. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Em, the assistant manager literally sat at a press conference and told the media there had been breaches of rules

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Only two positive cases from Dubai is "remarkable"?

How many was he willing to risk, 5, 10, 30 cases?
    1 case was too many! If he finds it "remarkable" it's only two, then I can only assume he believed there may have been more.

In that case, once again, why the * did he and lawwell sanction this trip?

"Did not abuse privilege"
    Sorry Neil, that is exactly what the Dubai trip was.
    Your "privilege" was being at an elite sport club to be able to form a "bubble" and continue to work - something the rest can't do, that's your * privilege.
    * off to Dubai, while the rest of the country AND your support can't leave their front door...that's the * definition of abusing it.

His attitude once again is appalling towards the fans, disguised as being towards the media.
    His refusal to yet again actually hold the hands up and say sorry, is just remarkable.

He's lost all respect, his legacy is now tarnished.
    He is a * embarrassment to this club.

It's gone beyond being a * manager, he's literally embarrassing this club.

* off Lennon, and now, please don't come back.
    You've completely * it now.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Sgt Neppers* and King of Kings like this.
  19. James Gold Member Gold Member

or as the club put it "Absolutely no rules were broken except the rules we broke"

20. RiquelmeCSC

You ever heard the saying “just because you can, doesn’t mean you should”
    I couldn’t give a * if they had permission and didn’t break any rules. It’s was a massive * you to every single supporter. People losing jobs, losing family members, etc. Supporters have given money to the club the year knowing full well they won’t get to see a game. Celtic have been abysmal and they rewarded with a trip to Dubai.

I actually called it jolly in December before they even went as that’s what it was all along.

Peej likes this.