1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Operation 'Deflect the blame' has commenced.

That was an embarrassment of an interview.

2. john2061

Desmond for * sake do your job and sack him tonight after today how low can this club go .

3. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Many supporters also think that although he should go, it doesn't diminish the positives he has had in his time as a player and a manager. I don't agree that because he hasn't walked already that he isn't a "Celtic Man" though. It's abundantly clear he is Celtic through and through.

I get the feeling that he delusionally believes he can actually turn things around.

Mince.Charming and TheHappyLoss like this.
  4. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    Christie missed the derby due to isolating whilst with Scotland so you would have thought measures would have been tightened regarding social distancing etc.....not so much as a month passed and the Scotland players were dancing and drinking together. It was hailed as a great night.

celtic went on a trip (rightly or wrongly) with the blessing of the government and SFA!

If the government thought it was such a bad idea come out and say so beforehand and show some balls not wait until * hits the fan and then jump on the bus with everyone else!!

What rules is it they have applied that you are actually talking about?? If it’s the isolation part then you are correct but that’s not my point!
    The point is you can’t tell someone it’s fine to do something then criticise them for doing so.

5. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

So the Dubai trip was ok because we’ve done it before when we were winning?

Is that when we had an actual winter break and there wasn’t a global pandemic?

You’ve said the influencers going to Dubai and doing what they want shows having money means they can do what they like. That’s the exact problem some people have with the Celtic trip. I couldn’t give a * about influencers. Using them to try and discredit people’s opinions on this is pathetic.

What the * does the SFA have to do with us putting U18’s on furlough?

You’re blindly defending the board and Lennon. You’re part of the reason they are still in charge and able to damage the club the way they are.

King of Kings and seanm like this.
  6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly think I dislike him more than Rodgers now.

7. JamesM09

It's abundantly clear he is not Celtic through and through.

But fair enough, that's the thing about opinions. :50:

theweeman and seanm like this.
  8. seanm

* * now gtf.HH

ede likes this.
  9. Sin

Me - "The club can't get to a lower point than this"

Lennon - "Hold my beer"

ede, Sgt Neppers* and King of Kings like this.
  10. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    You absolutely can, we do it all the time.

You could do that, but it might not be a good idea.

It is possible, but I would advise against it.

It’s your right to go there, but you do so at your own risk.

NomDePlum likes this.
  11. KG-Henrik

I wish he’d just * off. Was happy that he was temporarily in charge after Rodgers but was annoyed he got the job full time. And it’s been a steady decline of quality on the pitch. Not 1 player has improved under his management. That says it all. Defies belief he’s still got a job.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  12. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Some of things he said I’d agree wholeheartedly but I think he should have just kept his fat mouth shut. It does more harm by making it more than it is. Also we WERE WRONG yet he doesn’t admit it. He ONLY apologised for him and 13 players missing the last 2 games, zero remorse regarding Dubai. His stupid remarks about the beers and how they were within rules and was allowed, * me even so in this day if he had a functional brain he would have know it would have been so unprofessional and unethical. People are locked in their houses but they can fly off to sunny Dubai and have a beers in the sun. Allowed or Not is not the question, it was unprofessional, selfish and stupid. Just because he wanted a pint he allowed the players to too.

Also what he says goes completely against Lawwell and the club’s official response/apology. Does he really have an agenda to * us up as much as possible before he goes.

Now the media will turn this up 10 times which puts even more pressure on him, the board and the players. He really is a stupid * and really wish he would just * go!

13. JamesM09

Me - "But Neil, this keg is empty.. Are you sure you're fit to do a press conf.."

Lennon (rambling at press conference) - "EVERYONE'S NEGATIVE. The WHOLE SQUAD is negative. Bar two players. I think that's remarkable."

14. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Is there even any whispers of him * off? Get sick to the back teeth of his * now. Embarrassing on and off the pitch.

15. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Being possessed by the spirit of Donald Trump.

16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    It's looking more and more that he shouldn't be in charge for his own sake.

I can't quite remember what happened at the end with Hibs but it is feeling like this may be taking a similar path.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

I actually agree with him in terms of the hypocrisy here - where were the scottish government with their mass condemning of the thousands of people who gathered for one of those BLM demonstrations at Glasgow Green during the first lockdown? And when Primark opened for Christmas jamming in thousands of folk?

The Dubai trip I said at the time I wasn’t too fussed with because if they did go then it was legal for them to do so, but as others hbe said PERHAPS it wasn’t the best thing to do, as the fallout has shown. Looking like a bit of egg on the face also when you think it was supposed to be an important training exercise, yet a * with only one working leg who is pretty much injured for the rest of the season was allowed to go, and ended up with a positive covid test and caused almost the entire first team squad into isolation :56::56::56::56:

Nice of Lennon to show a bit of passion though, shame he hasn’t done so this season for anything other than having a go at everyone else.

Not even the slightest hint of like an apology to the fans for the position we are in currently...

Aidan O’Shea likes this.
  18. Kevski

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul hartley
    But they didn’t did they? Otherwise there wouldn’t have been allowances made for elite sports people. Even the SFA didn’t throw Celtic under the bus which to every Celtic fan should speak volumes.

Typical beige retorts that actually create more uncertainty! Just come out and say no, you are not/can’t go. But as I said earlier why let the truth get in the way of a good story.

19. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Basically sums it up for me.

20. Mr Diggler

What I heard today was an absolute disgrace- it is really beyond the pale the arrogance on display. The complete lack of humility running through the club. This is not Celtic. We are a club of the community, for the community; with the community. What is happening now is spitting on that spirit.

King of Kings likes this.