1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dip 'n' Swerve

yes some of the European goals - running back and tracking an extra 20 yards would make the difference, for me that is lennon and his coaching - he needs to set high standards, the next day video analysis and show the players the small margins of error etc. sulking, toys out of the pram - the team has developed personality clashes - didn't help with lennon telling players to * off after the CL qualifying games - throwing them under the bus. When you lose the changing room the players will be dicks. eddie and ntcham are already saying '* this we are off in the summer' which is a shame given the success in the last few years and pedestal the club has put them on. For me it is lennon and his coaching team

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I can't see how we will get much for a guy who can't even make our bench some games.
    A player is there but the attitude lacks and it will take one * of a manager to sort that

3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Can't wait til he wins the Euros or World Cup for France in a few years.

4. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    This has been another *.. I don't grumble too much at our outgoings as I think this is actually one part of the club that is actually managed well.

But this * should of been sold years ago and definitely before this season started.. he has no interest in being here and has made it pretty clear.. why the * did we hold on the him..madness

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    There is an element of that, 100% but Ntcham isn't a kid..

He's been in City's academy and playing in Serie A as well as for the youth France side's. Tracking back away at Sparta Prague or the sheep away just a lack of application and giving away a needless penalty or losing his man who breezes 30 yards past you..

There's no excuse for that..

He should've been bossing game's for us for a long time. He hasn't. He's flattered to deceive a lot and looked like he would rather be anywhere else but here..

As I say, I agree with you that Lennon and his coaching staff are a massive problem.....but boy's like Ntcham aren't blameless..

It's definitely time to go..

6. Dip 'n' Swerve

agree and it looks like jan - it seems nowadays the majority of players are more happy to do the average rather than go above and beyond.

it is a simple game, if the full 11 buy into a team and coaches tasks it works so well - a coaches team talk is simple. if you come of the pitch and more of this team win their 1 v 1 battle today we will win the game.

Has lennon allowed this sloppiness to creep into the team? what culture has he created there is no unity and the attitude of the closest man to the ball reacts and challenges - or players pass players on and expect other plays to mop up problems. You defend from the front and make it hard to play through.

A lot comes with the players, a good in form griff, I have seen him track 30/40 yards to win the ball back, will eddie do this?
    Players like Roy Keane, Viera, Lambert, Petrov - them players loved that side of the game tracking back, covering the pitch doing the so called 'dirty work' a phrase which I hate - what hurt me in the rangers game was ajer making an important clearance and celebrating like a goal only for us to not reward him and this with a goal and win on the day, you could see how much it meant to him doing his job.

A new coach needs this new work ethic, raise the bar, lennon cannot take this team better than current levels which have dropped so much. A good midfield in Scotland is full of strong runners, players who wont be bullied and can also play ball. a midfield of mc gregor, soro and turnbull wont cut it we need some height and strength in that midfield for next season to challenge, often it is our midfield that gets over run and pulled about in CL and european games -

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Think we will get back what we spent which is not to bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Should of been gone in the summer, the fact he kept Turnbull and Soro from getting a chance for so long is a pisstake. He had some good moments but there were far more * empty jersey performances.

9. CountyDownFaithful

Yup.

It’s all well and good bringing in these young players with sell-on value but we end up with players who ultimately want to move on at the first opportunity.

Ntcham has been so inconsistent performance wise from Day 1 but his attitude has been shocking since he never got the move to Porto. He never used that as fuel to kick on, instead he’s sulked and we can’t wait to get rid.

It’s really difficult to build a sustainable team on that strategy of buying young players and selling them on for big profit.

We need better squad balance going forward. Core group of Scottish players with experienced European-level players who can help us compete in CL / EL. Then you can invest in 2 or 3 emerging talents. Balance needs to be right for the emerging talent to be successful.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  10. ddub11

Ye would be interesting to see him under a new manager.

Having said that id be thinking dos he deserve the opportunity after they way he has behaved under lenny(sulking).
    Guess a new manager wouldn't have the luxury to completely ignore him but time will tell.

11. Dip 'n' Swerve

like many players they don't have an ideal role in the team and formation - Moi isn't a winger, he isn't a number 10 to play in the hole, same with Ntcham I don't know what kind of fit he is in the team.

I like a midfielder who can play 18 to 18, lots of energy, a set of golf clubs on his feet, can deliver a quick pass, and has strength. Wanyama type and then a player like mc gregor and turnbull playing of them etc.

Kamara does that job well for the rangers this season, and in davis they have a player who sits back and allows the full backs to both press up the pitch, he can read the game well.

We have no solid spine in this team who can play 10 + games in a row - tinkering, injuries etc no chance to build consistency plus players like duffy and no goal keeper mean we are hamstrung in most games

ddub11 likes this.
  12. Lewis Kerr

Like many he just isn't good enough bar a moment of quality here and there.

Dan Breen likes this.
  13. jambo_cfc

Newcastle have made a loan bid, would see if the would swap emil krath , rb and swden international , 6ft so would be ideal

freitassen likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Please, go!

About his level with the * he has shown. We know he has better in his locker though, so please go, do well and drive up your own value so we can get double figures for the *.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

He is a complete and utter * imposter.

Actually hate him an his big stupid * rotten face.

Get to *, *!

17. wulliebad

It would be just like celtic to refuse and then not use him all season.:31:

18. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Mental how many of our squad and youths are wanting out.

19. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Anyone that wants to go let them imo, that's part of the problem.

Hammy89 likes this.
  20. Dubliner1

Lennon made the balls up by not getting rid of the 4 trouble makers back in August. A lot of us stated that these same players will get Lennon the sack. That's what has happened. The 10 in a ROW killed us this year. Eduoard and his 3 cronies should have been shown the door. The club were stuck in a hard place due to the 10 in a row and trying to keep our squad. Look at the position we are in now. I would clear 8 of them out now straight away and start looking to next season.