1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Ewan Henderson

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Jun 27, 2018.

Discuss Ewan Henderson in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. davidhannah

Great game. Deserves to play at the weekend. He's earned the right to play. Rooting for him.

Lennon would be a fool to drop him for Christie!

The cup final is coming up. The attitude from all of these guys will be first class. I want to see more of Henderson.

cat123 likes this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Done well tonight, not a right winger from what I knew before the game and certainly not one from what I saw during it either.

Frimpong needed replaced so I was happy to see youth given another chance, just not sure why it wasn't Harper considering the position.

But Henderson done well, sat a bit more central than what frimpong or Harper would have done which is fine.
    Done enough to be on the bench again next few games and to get some more minutes in the legs, maybe as a sub for a central midfielder.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

3. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Just clarify; you’re calling for Ewan Henderson ahead of Ryan Christie?

4. davidhannah

I know that Christie will be starting in the final. But Henderson will be flying after this game. I'm trying not to get carried away here but I like to see people believing in themselves. Henderson has taken his chance he should be proud. He should be full of confidence. I'd like to see him play again at the weekend, can he stay in the team? Being involved in the Cup final adds to that dynamic and boost in training! Our team is in desperate need of a confidence boost Henderson is one of the players that can offer it.

5. oh bhoy

he played the position better than christie has recently i like christie but not on the right id give henderson a run there

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Another young player who’s development we haven’t handled properly.

Ridiculous that this is basically his first game time since Lennon got the job full time.

Dan Breen, JML67, HTG and 3 others like this.
  7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Played well, in an unfamiliar position for him.
    It seemed to me that he switched positions second half?? Ajer looked like he was at right back and Ewan in a midfield position. Liked his bravery on the ball, not afraid to have a go at his man. His final ball could be better but like what I saw.
    Deserves to stay in the squad for Sunday, not sure I would start him.

8. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Actually been a let down last game, that time he got skinned on the wing was so easy

9. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Seen nothing so far that justifies the hype around him, didn't even do the basics well when he came on..

It is difficult for any of the youngsters to make an impact in the current setup tho.

Looks slow and slight.

At 20 tho (6 months older than Frimpong) you'd expect a bit more.

Dublin Celt and Dan Breen like this.
  10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Another player woefully mismanaged. Loaned him out last season to a team that didn’t suit his style. This season the club haven’t bothered their * loaning him out at all.

He’s probably played 10 games for us and I think he’s been played in his proper position in about 5 of those. Why is Lennon throwing him out on the wing?

11. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    If I was Henderson I would be thinking of getting tae *, how that imposter Christie gets game time ahead of him or Robertson is beyond me.

Dan Breen likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Dundee are hoping to bring in highly-rated Celtic midfielder Ewan Henderson on loan.

It’s understood the Dark Blues have moved to bolster their central midfield options and await a decision from the Hoops on the 20-year-old.

Championship clubs, along with Leagues One and Two, can still sign players on loan until the end of February despite the transfer window closing on Monday night.

A Scotland U/21 international, Henderson has featured 11 times for Celtic, including in the Champions League and Europa League.

However, he has only made three substitute appearances this season and the Parkhead club are keen for their man to get much-needed first-team footbal

That has alerted Dundee after Jordan McGhee underwent surgery on Monday and will be sidelined for a number of weeks.

A defender throughout his career, McGhee has become an integral part of James McPake’s midfield of late and his absence is a blow to the Dark Blues.

Henderson, meanwhile, joined Premiership Ross County on a season-long loan spell last term.

He made six starts and 10 appearances in all for the Dingwall side but his stay in the Highlands was cut short by Celtic last January, citing a lack of game time.

At Parkhead this season, Henderson has been around the fringes of Neil Lennon’s side.

He played an hour in the Europa League victory over Lille in December and came off the bench in draws against Hibs and Livingston last month.

The midfielder has made one Scotland U/21 appearance in November 2019 against Greece.

His older brother Liam also came through the ranks at Celtic Park but now plies his trade in Italy.

He played for Hellas Verona in Serie A and is currently with Lecce in Serie B.

13. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Pointless..

Dundee. In the championship?

* that..

Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    If it got him playing it would be of benefit, Dundee also generally fairly attacking, probably be a better experience than when he went to Ross County

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    If he can't get a top 6 club to play for regularly now..

We might as well release him..

16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Highly unlikely to be given much game time by Lennon. Wouldn't be the worst move.

If they can't play him they should have loaned or sold him as basically another youth who is no longer that young. Waste of talent.

17. Can'tbehooped

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    When he has played for us he has looked good though, and given the signing activity we've (not) had no point selling or releasing now, come summer a different question if he's not to be used though, that's where you'd want a Christie kind of loan as a make or break

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Looks happy to be there

20. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

doesnt he just pmsl

i was really hoping this boy got first team opportunities for us as i think hes got skills and vision