1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

£

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

'War is bad for business'

Looking after the best interests of the football club - ie. not bending over when evidence of corruption and collusion is found - might be bad for the bottom line.

Parks of Hamilton might remove their providing free team buses if we rock the boat too much.

Gyp Rosetti and Wee Baldy like this.
  3. Sgt Neppers*

Cash primarily. To stay in a high profile job serve his cv and ego. The club and fans are an after thought. His interview after the final summed it up.

4. JamesM09

He could come out and say this then sell t-shirts with the quote on it and people would still defend him and deny it.

5. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Money and the fact he knows this is his last high profile gig, no top club will want a manager with such a terrible and unprofessional record, we know it, he knows it. He’ll end up at some no mark EFL team then a every so often pundit on Premier sports.

Wee Baldy, Sgt Neppers* and JamesM09 like this.
  6. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

His methods are outdated. He is a relic of a bygone age of football management. Despite his failings BR showed us what could be achieved with a modern manager using modern thinking and techniques.

7. JamesM09

Yep. Zero excuse for hiring him and that’s why the whole board should be replaced.

ticketyboo0, Wee Baldy and RI Bhoy like this.
  8. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    I think its time for change as much as the next but while I think Rodgers is a good manager the stick that is used to beat lennon with is that he's had no competition and beat no one. What competition did Rodgers have when he was up here?

9. wulliebad

I can't see any other reason why he is still here.Being honest do you think any other manager would still be in the job just now under these results.Struggling along,2 points in the last 3 games. We have won 5 games since Nov 1st. Sept was the last time we won 4 games in a row.

10. faw cough Gold Member Gold Member

Obviously if he walks he will lose whatever ££ he is entitled to until the end of his contract.

As much as I want him gone , you can't blame him for hanging about .

packybhoy and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  11. DEADEYECFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    teemu pukki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The way he will look at it hes out the job in the summer get his money and go then deep down i think we all would hes a * but i know id do it too seasons gone so * milk the club as much as he can

12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    All these points are 100% but some of the abuse he is receiving from our own has the huns rubbing their hands with glee. He is still the same guy that MON walked across the pitch at Ibrox with his arm round him to present him to our fans in the face of the racist abuse he faced from the huns. He is not blameless in this but our fans need to be measured in any criticism he may be due.

TheWolf, Montero, Xatraps and 3 others like this.
  13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Exactly this for me, especially when Lawwell is ripping the * out of it.

packybhoy likes this.
  14. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I feel disgusted by some of the personal abuse aimed at the manager by some of our "support".

I have advocated for both the board and the management team to go after the dismal performance we have seen from them this season.

The personal stuff, however is nothing but hunlike behaviour.

This guy left the riches of the Premier League and took a huge pay cut to come and play for us from Leicester.

His career with us as a player was stellar. With his help in midfield we became a very good team domestically and more importantly in Europe, culminating in a European final for the first time in my lifetime.

He has had success with us as a manager in both stints at the club and indeed, last year became only our fourth manager in history to win us a treble. The personal attacks, bomb threats and assaults he has had to endure whilst serving the club, all the time whilst suffering heavily from depression, I can't begin to comprehend fully. It must have been terrifying for him and his family at times.

This man has given 20 years service - good service- to this club and I for one will never forget.

It is sad to see it come down so horribly and predictably, in this most historic of seasons.
    It has been a disastrous season going out of the Champions League, Europa League, League Cup and now the league - all with a whimper, but I am sure he genuinely felt that he could find the way to turn it around.

The board are to blame for not removing him when he was clearly floundering. It was their decision to back him that has led to this huge points gap. We need new blood at the helm, but I DON'T accept that Neil Lennon should be vindicated for his actions. He may be a manager who hasn't performed as we wanted him to but he is still a top bloke and a good man.

I love the guy and hope that when this is over, he can hold his head up high and move on with our good wishes. He will certainly have mine.

15. celtic warrior

* being measured, we are, as things stand, going from quadruple treble winners, to winning heehaw this season falling 20 something points behind a club that should be bankrupt trying to chase us.

He knows he's * and he's known for months, any considerations and well wishes he once had from me if left ages ago are well and truly gone.

Call it whatever you want, he's always been a middling manager who's good at getting an upset from time to time, but overall he should be plying his trade in lower leagues of football.

* him.

elbhoydo likes this.
  16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    That cute hoor should be first out the door

Gyp Rosetti and bhoy_wonder like this.
  17. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    I'm pretty sure Lenny himself knows he can't take the club any further and that his time as manager is coming to an end, maybe it's being unrealstic and naive to expect him to do the right thing as a matter of principal and walk away, after all he canny be short of a bob or two, but whatever opinions are he certainly won't come out of this very well.

There is an element of arrogance and stubbornness, but all the while the season has gone down the * hole, what's been hard to take is the manner of the capitulation, which stems right back to the CL exit.

A club legend no question, but a legacy sadly tarnished, what should've been an historic season for the club has descended into a farce, the Board are certaiinly not blameless as they hired Lenny in the first place, but when the results are not there ultimately the manager must carry the can.

Liam Scales and Sgt Neppers* like this.
  18. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hopefully out the door asap so we can stop talking about him for good..

19. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Birthday caird pish.

It’s great that you love him, but he doesn’t love you, doesn’t respect you, or give a * about you or anyone else on this forum.

Neil Lennon cares about Neil Lennon, and Neil Lennon’s bank balance. If he didn’t he would have been away months ago when it was evident his actions were sabotaging the club.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He played no striker at home to Ferencvaros at home and made zero change until we were 1-2 down with 15 or so to go..

He then came out and fired shots at our senior player's..

He overstepped the line and has * us majorly as a consequence..

I'm no joking when I say I've got zero respect for him..

This season has been as torturous as I've ever known and for a load of reason's. He's no the only reason but he's a massive massive reason in why we are where we are just now..