1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    I cannot believe the anger I feel towards this selfish *. He's an absolute disgrace. Will forever be known as the man that stopped the 10. * imposter.

2. SuperZidane

He gave great service to the club as a player but so have many others - I don't know why you're singling him out for the Man Utd Win(s)? - there was only 1.

In terms of his league titles - the first was the season Rangers went broke, the next 2 were won with Rangers not in the League and last season, Rangers fell off a cliff and we had COVID. The 2018/19 was Rodgers as far as I'm concerned - we were 8 points clear with a massively better goal difference when Lennon took over - if he had lost that, he would have been gone at the end of the season.

The only Treble he won was last year - the league was called early, we were second best by far in the BetFred final and only beat a championship team on penalties in the Scottish Cup.

I won't forget his contribution nor the sectarian BS he had to put up with.

However, his status as a "Legend" (in your opinion) has been tarnished by his second stint here.

The club has regressed massively since he returned and this season has been embarrassing - we have become a laughing stock and Lennon's comments after matches are delusional.

IMO, this is as bad as it was under Liam Brady except he didn't come out with the BS that Lennon does nor did he have anywhere near the same amount of money to spend.

It's a pity but if you mention Lennon to Celtic fans in the future - 99% will immediately think of him as they guy who cost us 10IAR - delivered the worst season in many years and refused to step down no matter how bad things were.

Fair enough if you will think of a "Legend" who beat Barcelona in a match that happened well over 8 years ago.

For the majority of us - the demise of the club over the last 2 years is a more realistic view.

Things won't just "Calm down" after he leaves - the new manager will require some patience from us (and should get it) as he has to clean up the disaster that Lennon (and hopefully Lawwell) have left behind.

3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

I won’t remember him for ‘losing’ the 10 as such, even though our efforts have been laughable. If they go unbeaten then fair enough, that’s a good achievement and as much as it hurts they deserve it.

I’ll remember him for being an utter *. For stealing a wage from a club he supposedly loves when it’s obvious his management is sabotaging the club. I’ll remember him for not walking away when the situation could still be salvaged.

I’ll remember him for his stubbornness, his contradictions, for being an utter * in the media by throwing his players under the bus and treating the fans like dog * on his shoe.

I’ll remember him for sucking snus and looking like a tramp with our crest on his chest, and the bloodshot eyes and what can only be described as * marks on the sides of his lips during that Sky interview

Everything from the way he presents himself, to the way he speaks, to the way he treats the players, to his coaching and managerial ability is *. Utter *. That’s how I’ll remember him. *.

Gioventu and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  4. Lewis Kerr

Posted August 26th after defeat vs Ferencvaros.
    This too on the same night
    After huns beat us at home on October 17th

... Some of us saw it coming and have been singing Lenny out from the roof tops.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    theweeman likes this.
  5. Turnbulls right peg

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    He needs to go thats a given and I think he will but no need to tear the guy to shreds with pure hun like personal insults ffs. imagine a larsson a few years down the line doing well in coaching and even thinking about taking the job on only way to retain his status is to win everything * snowflakes

6. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Had we someone competent they wouldn't even be on this unbeaten run in the league because they would have defeated them in the first game & ended it there & then.

7. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

If your Aunty had baws etc.

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I'm at the stage where I just check in twice a day to see if he's been sacked yet.

Then I'm filled with dread at the absolute certainty that Kennedy will be given the gig to the end of the season... make a decent go of it, mibbe beat the filth convincingly... then get the job full time...

perhaps in a jacuzzi this time around.

maybe in Dubai....

during the zombie plague initiated by botched vaccines for Covid...

buchanbhoy likes this.
  9. oh bhoy

im pretty sure the clown said ferencvaros were worse than he thought ,not better (just after they knocked us out!)

10. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Once again the myth of Lenny winning his first title when Dead Cheats FC went bust is regurgitated.

we were 15 points behind in October to claw back to be top of the league by the turn of the year. They went into admin in February.

so we can cut that regurgitated misinformed anti Celtic * for starters.

who said having a “Rangers” in the league or not makes it a title worth recognition? That’s more anti Celtic *.

Lenny is done, this year has been a disgrace and the falling standards based on his antiquated and seriously unprofessional approach to modern management of the last two seasons are coming home to roost. The board should be publicly flayed for this too.

by all means criticise Lenny and the rest of the fools who have capitulated in the most dreadful way, but don’t fall into the media myths that pour doubt on our deserved victories.

11. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I sort of agree. However do you not think the players knew what was going on in the background? Thats going to start affecting performances although at the time it was naismith who got injured and that's when things turned. Whatever it was, we won the league. Then things got easy. The players haven't had a challenge and suddenly they get one and can't handle it. Time for a clear out.

12. TheHappyLoss

There must be more to this. You can’t have results like this all season and remain Celtic manager.

13. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    He’s right though, he’s
    spot on mate and they like to make out the 5 that they were there don’t count cause we didn’t have a challenge- if that’s the case then this one shouldn’t be counting for them cause let’s be honest they’ve not had a challenge this year

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    The board will forever be scum for letting this go on so long and no sacking him. It will never be forgotten..

I'm disgusted in Lennon though. How he's had the audacity to still sit in the job is mind-blowing..

Has he no self respect?!..

15. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    It seems like self sabotage. It is so bad. I wouldn't put it past the board at all being happy to have the huns win and thus no go into admin/liquidation.

16. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    well done, you must be buzzing with yourself.

At least half the folk on here were saying the same thing and in hindsight the rest would probably agree that it should have been done months ago.

17. JamesM09

It’s mental to me a pro-Lenny argument includes him falling 15 points behind McCoist and then relying on McCoist dropping 15 points.

It was great at that time because it stopped them winning 4IAR. In hindsight it was a * disgrace we were in that position and thank * they had their worst ever manager in charge.

Warning signs were always there with Lennon.

18. stew37

I honestly have tried to avoid listening to him for the past few months, but I'd actually be interested to hear what he's got to say after the last 2 games. Is he honestly going to try and say it's retrievable? What is his aim now?

What the * are you playing at? It just seems like he's happy getting the pay cheque in.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  19. JamesM09

He’s just a self-serving egotistical mercenary like the rest, using the brand to his own advantage.

The minute he thought he was better than us he brought out a calendar and left.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's honestly like him and the board don't give a *..

Selfish selfish * man..

They make me sick..

murphy88 and JamesM09 like this.