1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    You don’t use reserves to make a profit. Current year profit will go to retained earnings I.e reserves or reserves will be utilised where a trading loss is made.

You cannot make a profit by use of reserves. Cash at bank will have fallen due to payment of transfers fees and wages in general. Due to the nature of transfers the fee for Tierney for example is not paid up front in most scenarios and comes in as deferred income which won’t hit your cash balance immediately.

2. ddub11

Have the board decided to let him run his contract out rather than sack him and have to pay him a full years salary?
    leagues over so i guess to them they may as well save themselves a few quid.

3. seamus1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    This land is your land.
    It looks like it.

We could have a few months for a new manager to start rebuilding. But that would be an investment in our future.

4. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

If anyone on here ever uses the term 'Pistol Pete' again to describe that * who has kept Lennon in a job they should be banned from this forum for life.

johnno379 and The Phoenix like this.
  5. Mr Diggler

Good for me indeed. Look we all know this isn't working and changes need made- we are all hurting at this implosion in the biggest year we have seen in our lifetimes. 10 in a row would have been epic. But no I don't care Lennon is not any of the names he is being called. He has however deluded himself into thinking he can turn it around.

6. Mr Diggler

I think he is a Celtic man out of his depth who believes he can turn this around. He won the treble last season- he has only lost one game in the league this year. That is how he must be looking at it. I think he is wrong but as for a fraud or a rat or whatever thats just peoples emotions running away with it.

Sydneysider likes this.
  7. stew37

I don't honestly believe even he thinks he can turn it around. Been said before, but if he had any respect for the club and the fans he'd have stepped aside by now.

King of Kings likes this.
  8. MusselburghBhoy Gimme danger, little stranger

Fav Celtic Player:
    Momo Sylla
    The term “Celtic man” means absolutely * all. A lot of pish. The guy’s a * weapon, and a * manager to boot. He’s maybe looking at it all from that perspective, but he’s also going to be looking at it from the perspective of somebody who knows they won’t get as big a job ever again.

9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Must be near the end for him.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Pistol Pete.

:fear:

leeso-ardoyne and johnboy19 like this.
  11. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Can't say anything else than its a shame he's become the Celtic Ally McCoist. A man whos latter failures will overshadow previous glorious success.

He carries the can for poor performances but the board deserve the majority of blame for making him a scapegoat and the cheap fall guy.

12. davidhannah

He's lost the league. But he's a good Celtic man and always will be. The language used to describe him on this forum is appalling. Yes he should go. But as a man he's one of the strongest citizens Glasgow has ever known. He's a legend of the club. He knows his time is up. He should be given a his contracted pay off by Lawell and let that be the end of it. The club need to take some ownership of this season now and act!

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    How many months have we been saying that for now?

14. Sin

He's no legend!
    He * that up!

He won't be remembered for his time as a player, he will be remembered for this.
    Make no mistake about that!

SteveyNico67 likes this.
  15. Dubliner1

NONSENSE

16. Sin

Wow, you posted in big bold letters, must be important and true.....

17. davidhannah

I remember him being one of the greats of the O'Niell era alongside Larrson, Moravik et al. He's played in huge games, our wins against Man United with Naka. He's lifted the cup as captain and he's the only player to win the treble as player and manager. He's a giant of the game. The architect of the 125 anniversary win against Barcelona. That was a fairytale night. Who was there, Lennon. And he stayed in Glasgow all his life despite the sectarianism, which is important to move the city on. In fact Scottish Football he's one of the most prominent figures. He's a club legend I consider him to be.

He's * up the ten, I understand people are furious. Lennon gave it his best shot. I don't think its arrogance to believe he could have done it, as he's got his past achievements to back him up. It just went * up. Once he goes it'll calm down.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
    TheWolf, johnboy19 and Dubliner1 like this.
  18. JamesM09

He’s never a Celtic man.

19. Sgt Neppers*

Is he even aware of bad his standing is with fans. Before I thought he was quite switched on. Now, he's had his fingers in his ears and eyes closed for so long who knows. Probably expecting a sit down wi PL and DD to sort Dubai 2022 out. Delusional mercenary.

FrankMcCallum, The Prof and JamesM09 like this.
  20. leeso-ardoyne

I agree he will always be remembered for losing the 10. No ifs, buts or maybes.

I would never lower myself to call him.smy of the names that have flung around here. They are * ridiculous and only a * idiot would come out with them!

Once the dust settles after all this i would be very concerned about Neil! He's one of us and that's fact! With his mental health issues, he does need a very close eye kept on him because the tag that'll follow him is that he is the man responsible for losing the 10. That's * massive to be carrying on ones shoulders and as true celtic men, once this is over his health and well-being should be our top priority. It's only football at the end of the day and while I'm in * bits at losing this league, I would hate to see it cause the death of one of our own which quite easily could happen!

Some Celtic men have short memories!