1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

He's here for the rest of the season but he's lost the fans, terrible situation to be in, but i'm afraid its all his own making.

2. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I'm pretty much in the same place as you. If we keep giving them poppy nothing will change

3. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

Well he won the league two seasons in a row with Aberdeen as his main challengers. Thing is Delia was bollocks aswell. I remember that game in Europe (cant remember who it was against but we were getting embarressed as usual in Europe) and Kris Commons got taken off as a sub and was totally embarressed himself, went off the park shouting at Delia and Collins right on live TV.

Also Delia's signings included Tonev, Berget, Wakaso, Carlton Cole and Kazim - Richards. You can say what you like about no having a lot of cash to splash....but that lot wouldnt have got a game with Aberdeen at the time and should never been allowed near the club.

And losing the Scottish Cup semi-final to a first division hun team was just unforgivable

johnboy19 and johnfife1959 like this.
  4. johnfife1959

Delia was rotten, Lennon's last season we won the league with 96 points, following season, Delia's first, we won with 92 points, next season 86 points, he took us backward at a rapid pace, hence the defeat at hampden to the huns.
    Rodgers first season after delia, 106 points, a massive gain of 20 points in one season, due to Rodgers, but also due to the players no longer having to listen to Ronny, too many people look back with rose tinted glasses at his time here.

5. Lewis Kerr

Denayer, Gordon, Ajer, Sviatchenko, Roberts, Armstrong, Christie, Boyata, Simunovic. All good - great signings.

Definitely had his fair share of duds, but considering the constraints he was under I'd say his record was pretty good. Many of those guys were key in the first two trebles.

6. Jeffrey

Deila was denied the chance of a treble by a cheating hun * ref, mind the hand ball vs County.

Deila was still not a great manager however, even he has conceded this fact. Was not ready for the pressure of celtic. Giving him mass amounts of money was never the plan he was ticking the tide for the ‘Big’ manager to give us 5 seasons and secure the 10. That went well.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  7. jambo_cfc

While i agree that rodgers did get the best out of the team rodgers also had money too spend more than deila , not just in transfer fees but also in wages that deila wasnt afforded ! The players also had a “whos this *” mentality with diela so did not buy into his methods ! Lennon was also given funds too spend on players aswell as wages and dont forget lennon wasted helluva lot of money on duds aswell as some diamonds! Deila was forced too work with loans and free agents but if you look at the ones we actually paid fees for most of them had not bad careers here !

Twisty likes this.
  8. Sgt Neppers*

The Dubai trip has taken over and Lawell is getting it tight, rightly so. The focus seems to be on removing him. I hope this isn't seen as a pass for Lennon. Despite PL arrogant, egotistical ways. He's not to blame for the * show on the park which has put us 21 points behind. Lennon needs to be removed also. Neither gets a pass here. I hope this isn't forgotten.

The Phoenix likes this.
  9. Stevie6767

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Sean South
    I think your right, its a hard one, as everyone is culpable to some degree, however I think if we can get it right in the dugout we stand a much better chance, and although I think lawell should go, im not sure what difference it would actually make, pretty sure any new chief exec will come in and pretty much just do what DD wants him to, which I'm guessing is exactly what PL does.

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  10. JamesM09

Lennon staying awfully quiet.

To be honest I don’t have any respect for him anymore. I see him as an opportunist that uses his ‘Celtic man’ brand to get a job he’s unqualified for.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s staying quiet now and hoping his happy clappers can convince everyone that this season was Lawwell and Bitton’s fault.

Likewise, he might be desperately hoping for a null and void and that we would be stupid enough to give him a second go if that were to happen.

Sgt Neppers* and The Phoenix like this.
  11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Is he bringing the thunder with him? HH

:lenny1:

13. jambo_cfc

yeah lennon knows he wont get another job that pays what this does !! Celtic man went out the window month ago !! This imposter is now all about getting his last few pay checks to see him alright !! Will never be welcome back to celtic park and the sad thing is he probably knows this !! The same as peter lawwell celtic are just his employment now and i genuinely believe that the money means more to them than the club !!!

The Phoenix likes this.
  14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

He absolutely is.

Bobo_ likes this.
  15. Ak1

Weird to write about other recent Celtic managers on the Lennon thread, but I suppose comparisons are inevitable.

Also strange to see the turnaround in opinions around both Rodgers and 'Rampant' Ronny, where obviously their very different departures influencing things retrospectively.

Like every other manager across football, Deila/Rodgers/Lennon all did some great AND poor stuff when in charge, but weirdly once the initial honeymoon period dissolved, all 3 managers struggled to maintain the standards of performance we would associate, or want, from someone wearing a Celtic shirt.

It's almost as if this current generation of player can't maintain their desire and professionalism beyond 18-24 months.

Kollontai likes this.
  16. Ak1

'Never be welcome back'
    This season's been horrendous, and the calls to replace him have credibility. But really!!

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Bringing covid with him

18. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Personally think Rodgers team started to decline when he wanted out. If the board matched his ambition and no decent job offers came from down south, he would still have us hammering teams. End of the day though, we can't compete so it was never going to last. I think Eddie Howe would be as close to BR standard as we could get, even if he would only stay for a season or two. He could implement stuff that the next manager could carry on with, like we should have done instead of giving Lennon the job permanently.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Pish

20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    What a * up giving Lennon the job....shook my head in disbelief, that sick now I shake it and laugh...

seanm likes this.