1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Board

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Prof, Oct 26, 2020.

Discuss The Board in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    There's not a lot we can really do due to the Covid crisis. If we gather at the stadium the cops will be all over us like a rash and the SMSM will have another big stick to beat us with. The last protest at Parkhead saw a few hundred supporters turning up with cops all around us, on foot, mounted cops, cops sitting waiting behind the Emirates and a helicopter in the sky for good measure. So I can imagine what it would be like if a few more fans turned up to protest. Yes, we are all angry and are desperate to show they feckers on the board just how angry we are but , unfortunately, we can't. Hopefully the letter campaign might be the start of a series of more intense protests although I honestly don't what form that could be.

Noskeil likes this.
  2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Thought as much

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Doubt it.

Mr. Slippyfist likes this.
  4. Paul McAuley

Hope this is true. Would mean the end of Lawwell. I’ve never really understood the criticism of Dermot Desmond, well maybe the absent landlord stuff be he’s stepped up when needed and I have faith we’ll see it again. Glimmer of hope. Miby he’ll open his wallet.

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Exactly.

6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Parcel bombs. :fear:

freitassen and Bobo_ like this.
  7. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Another Desmond, just what we need :87:

:help:

8. Jeffrey

Maybe he will open his wallet.....

did it take us having to lose a season which would make all other clubs and their idiot fans completely irrelevant forevermore to prompt this? Absolute * farce. Desmond does not get a pass, not a chance!

SwissCelt and Free the Adblock like this.
  9. freitassen

Desmond is as much of a self serving * as anyone else here, has consistently refused to put a penny from his vast wealth in the club, has filled the board with Tories, good relations with this parasite Lawwell, and now wants, allegedly, to put his unqualified son who has absolutely no experience with football in the gravy train. What could possibly go wrong?

SwissCelt and MagicBallBhoy like this.
  10. freitassen

Dont know but this ultra polite, cautious and respectful letter to a tory rat is as good as nothing.

One of the things that can be done is stop sending money to the board, which going by the topic about season ticket renewals, you are also against.

Noskeil likes this.
  11. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Thats the thing, I think the last protest was exactly what we needed and need again, and again until someone takes responsibility for this mess.

Protests are supposed to get under people’s skin, that’s the whole point of it. If it’s that much of an issue wear a mask and hand sanitizer if the authorities have issues. Society is soft these days, if you want to protest, organise a protest. Showing your distain by words and actions, not amend someone else’s pre-written document. Celtics hierarchy are in no position to play the moral high ground card after rubber stamping the swaray to Dubai.

If your not angry enough to protest, your not at the point where you think your voice needs to be heard, and it takes a movement to start a protest. Blaming Covid on not being able to protest is bs, * Brexit mans still outside HoP shouting about stopping Brexit.

Not meaning you budd, just using you/your as to address other supporters/people in general.

SwissCelt likes this.
  12. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

If his son becomes our replacement for lawwell that is fuckn ridiculous and obscene as we lurch from this scandalous season to Nepotism as the cure for * sake

im sure wee fergus must be looking on and saying to himself what the * is going on i set them up well and for this * not to happen again

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
    Leone Naka Fan and callumrae1967 like this.
  13. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I look forward to the next car crash.

14. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I’ve spoke about this before, something I agree in but practice not easy to fully commit too, its like biting your nose off to spite your face. Not renewing has massive effects more for the you and I’s of the world, for every book not renewed there’s 2-3 other folk happy to take that seat.

At the moment the board are playing *, knowing people risk arrest of protest, highly unlikely people will risk losing their season tickets due to how hard they are to get waiting list etc. Once fans are allowed back in grounds the board will be * themselves because they won’t be able to hide behind barriers and police vans.

The board are playing us like a fiddle, we have imposters at the highest positions of our club and they’re totally * is over by greed.

freitassen likes this.
  15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Bit harsh on Diana.

:fear:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As far as I am aware, there is no waiting list (or an extremely short one)
    Anyone on it is quite happily removing themselves as are a few ST holders not looking to renew, to send a message.

It is a risk, if we suddenly done something right for once and there was a sudden demand - but that is the whole point, that we are trying to force the situation by not renewing and making the board do something good for once.

There is sentiment and a hard decision to be made for folk who hold a seat that they may have for 25 years now, or may be a dad who has passed etc.
    That is hard to ask them to give that up, or risk they may end up reapplying and being in a different location - but it is what is needed at this time to force something to happen.

Otherwise the status quo continues.

17. SuperZidane

I'm sceptical of this story in general also.

Don't get the problem with the family thing - Desmond (and his family) control the club already.

I seriously doubt he's putting his son in (whose entire background has been in business\financial management as far as I can see) in any sort of footballing position.

Assuming that there is at least an element of truth in this - 2 things jumped out at me.

"as senior figures are forced out or step down" - if one of these is not Lawwell, its not going to work - his acting as a Director of Football is at the heart of our problems and he is not capable of keeping his nose out of football affairs.

"Neil Lennon is facing a huge battle to keep his job" - simply NO. I am not wasting my time arguing with people about Lennon's first tenure at the club. Since leaving us in 2014 - he has failed at 2 clubs and taken us massively backwards in the last 2 years. This season, he has been delusional and embarrassing - simply a **** manager IMO.

If (and I accept its a big if) Desmond is serious about moving us forward - there can be no place for Lawwell, Lennon, or Kennedy - they have to go and let the new people (business and football) get on with undoing the damage that Lawwell/Lennon have inflicted since Feb 2019.

Peej and littlekennie like this.
  18. Noskeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I totally agree with that “just not renewing” isn’t as cut and dry as it sounds though, like you’ve said.

Does anyone else think this board situation has been arising due to lack of influence within parkhead? With us losing LL members each year that influence gets less and less, but the board disengage with the support more and more?

19. TransferBhoy

New head coach, director of football, head of academy and head of recruitment will be announced in summer.

20. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

I’m absolutely not against starving the board of funds.

In fact I completely support those who won’t be renewing. I just can’t bring myself to do the same