1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Where did this all start?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Breathnach67, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Where did this all start? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. oh bhoy

desmond claimed rodgers was looking away before he actually went ,why wasnt a proper replacment lined up .the cheap * must have thought all their birthdays come at once when hibs sacked lennon

Artorias and Hammy89 like this.
  2. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    All of the above and you can add in certain people in the club making signings outwith both managers knowledge. Been happening for years.

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

too fuckn long just because we were still winning it has been clear for ages we have been getting worse and worse after rodgers left and the preseason and last season for rodgers showed the shape of things to come, with a fightback from the french and belgian black players

its the people who are in charge that are stinking the place out or more to the point one * * in particular who has too much power and needs gtf! hes strangled the club

after 2 seasons lawell stopped supporting rodgers, i also think managers do promise players that theyll get rewarded and then lawell would * them both manager and player when the time comes for him to pay up, weve seen that for years now at celtic park.

im not buying because rodgers is ambitious that he * over celtic, the first stone was cast by celtic i.e. lawell and co

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  4. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    yea that’s fair. I take your point and 100% agree the more important question is how we start to turn the tide as it were. I was just interested as to what people though was the start of the chain reaction that’s lead to this absolute omnishambles.

5. Martybhoy87

For me this started when The Huns went down. They * in the boardroom thought we’ll have an easy ride the next few years!

From the position they were in in 2012 to the position they are in now is * scandalous! They have went up up up down up up up where we have regressed so * much we are at a stage we need a total rebuild of the club never mind the players! Sad sad * time to be a Tim it really is shambolic and they * telling us we are privileged as fans while keeping a fraud in a job while they * off on holiday! This is the end result of where it started in my opinion!

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  6. jj81

I'd say when Rodgers left, our Brenny.

Honestly though , I'd say the defeat in Athens done us , there and then a lynch mob of players should have been done , but before that the manager and CEO should have left.

Scenes of 93 bekon , it has to be done

Just crazy how the 90s and the now look eh

90s Da

Well would you prefer us facing England in the 90s

They done what we should have , they only collapsed due to larsson

Madness

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    For me, we were doing well under Rodgers. Then, think it was summer 2018, a trio of transfers went pear shaped. We got offered 8M for Boyato, Porto offered 14M for Nicham and Hibbs were selling McGinn for around 3M.
    So we could have got McGinn in, the other 2 out and banked around 20M. But, apparently Rodgers dug his heels in over Boyato, all because there were no replacements lined up. And that has also been a contributing factor, reactive as opposed to being pro active in transfers. Both Lustig and KT were known to be going, yet no replacements lined up, surely an understudy to both should have been brought in for their last season.
    What a mess our squad is in right now, could be 20 away come summer. We could be left with CJ, Soro, Turnbull, CalMac, Forrest as the backbone to the new team. None of the youngsters seem capable of stepping up.
    We have failed in so many departments-scouting, recruitment, developing youngsters, transfers and loans, and most significantly, coaching.
    The only way forward is a clean sweep, from the top, and bring in a manager with a proper coaching team.

Martybhoy53 and SteveyNico67 like this.
  8. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

* where it started, when does it end!? :54:

dbhoy72, Rydo1888*, johnboy19 and 3 others like this.
  9. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Fans probably guilty of overrating this team when the warning signs were clear to see.
    I think we didnt recruit enough characters either. Many of those who have been brought in just dont have anything about them.

Dan Breen likes this.
  10. Martybhoy53

Congerton and Hammond have been pish poor appointments and you can see this with the amount of dross signed and £££M wasted. Lennon also does not " have an eye for a player" as his puppet master Lawwell proclaimed. We need a complete overhaul. Board, manager, squad, recruitment and scouting team. The club is a complete shambles.

Lewis Kerr and Artorias like this.
  11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I think it probably started the minute Lennon was given the full time gig. I think players (like Eduard) would have grown accustomed to the extreme professionalism of Rodgers, will have probably been pretty disappointed when Lennon got it(like so many of the fans who felt it was a massive downgrade/lack of ambition). That would have festered as time went on and they see the opposite and completely unprofessional Lennon. Seeing their ticket to the Premier League seem farther away.

ArturBorucCSC and Lewis Kerr like this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    what we're going to see now is an internal combustion of sorts. the blame game will begin in earnest.

shockingly, I actually agree with queef Jackson for once. the time to offer up NL as a sacrificial lamb has been and gone.

right this second busy little bees are taking steps to protect their seat on the board. Backstabbing and finger pointing will be rampant and every * who entrusted Lawell to manage the club will be pronouncing "I warned him/ I knew this would happen/ I told him we coulda woulda shoulda".

Lawell is finished.

DD knows 10 is not only gone but has been spectacularly surrendered. Lawell will be on the block to keep the fans happy, NL too, and we will be told about all manner of overhauls and elitey sciencey wishy washy claptrap to keep us hopeful... meanwhile it will be back to business with DD's strawmen milking the club for bonuses and share value.

The only small glimmer of hope is that we might actually see an elite manager take the job, as DD now knows that appointing his puppets isn't going to * wash anymore.

especially whilst were being handed out * by a tribute band both domestically and in the continent.

the value of our squad has absolutely plummeted in a matter of months. That's the real wake up call for DD.

13. Lewis Kerr

August 2018; July 2020.

Rodgers was always working his ticket, a good manager but an absolute slimy, slithering fraud of a man. The way he jumped ship mid season was unforgivable, the guy is one of the most disingenuous characters I've seen in football. Lawwell being Lawwell would not have helped though.

Unfortunately Lennon has decimated his reputation and character just like Rodgers did. Lennon might be the more sincere of the two, but it has been made extremely obvious that his massive ego is equivalent to that of the slithering one.

Both are stubborn narcissists, and both have put their ego's and selfish needs above the club and supporters.

14. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

An employee we sold for 9m is the fault for where we are ? You lawell undercover ?
    Champions League we go into it severely weakened in defence Rodgers fault ? Fallout over non transfer and replacement of boyars Rogers fault ? Dembele sold Rodgers fault ? Employing Neil Lennon and the standards and football going to * Rodgers fault ? And that's all before lawwell sending derisory offers to buy mcginn * that completely up aswell, all commited by that * overrated fat * piece of *

We don't need a manager scout coaches lawwell can do it all he's Christ almighty himself

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Hampden showers.

16. Lewis Kerr

Wit? Desmond and Lawwell are the biggest problem. If you go back far enough you could say the rot started when either one of them took charge. We need a complete re-haul from top to bottom, not disputing that. Defending Rodgers is inexcusable though, so is defending Lennon which is my point. Everyone shoulders responsibly for this cluster *. I include a large portion of fans in that too who have accepted mediocrity for far too long.

Just being "better than sevco" was deemed good enough for too long by too many people. I saw this * show from a mile away, look at how irrelevant we are in Europe, look at the * state of our youth set up, look at the current management team! We should have been trying to make a dent in Europe for the last 9 years. What did the board do? Penny pinch and serve us * disguised as silver. The snake was a small beacon of hope in terms of us actually progressing as a club and attempting to join modern day standards.

But real progress was sacrificed for the pursuit of the 10, years of downsizing and complacency has got us here. Some of us saw it coming, but too many lapped it up.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  17. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Leaving at that time midway through the season was shocking but before that season has even got underway he and Celtic were being sabotaged by fuckfacelawwell Leicester a cracking job came up and we us Celtic under lawwell sold him for 9m we didn't need, to but lawwell did, mcginn boyata huff and dembele even ntcham, it all went to * that summerbbecause of that fat incompetent * who thinks he's the best

18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Spot on:50:

johnboy19 likes this.
  19. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Started well before that. The appointment of Rodgers was corrective measure to stop the rot.
    Worsening performances, closure of stands, * recruitment.

20. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye, you are right there, rot had set in long before. Maybe just got a lot worse from Lennon's full time appointment.