1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. freitassen

Wasn't he on the phone giving instructions to Armstrong?
    Had we won, being the * rat he is, he would parade around saying how he kept in touch with Strachan all the time and all instructions were his.

2. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    I fear we have found are level or rather our board has found the one they're happy with. Win the league every few years, qualify for Europa League group round, maybe even some cups. Looks like the Rodgers era was too high up for their taste. They don't care about potential, they're happy with a manager of Lennon's level. The only thing that separates us from the other SPFL dross is that we have a higher turnover because of the bigger fanbase. Mentality wise we're on the same level.

Peej, NakamuraTastic and JamesM09 like this.
  3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Embarrassing he's still in a job.

4. Sgt Neppers*

He could at least pretend to be a leader of somewhat, front some questions or interviews regarding Dubai. Useless and weak. He's Petes boy alright.....

Crilly likes this.
  5. TheWolf Waiting on the next Full Moon

Of course the training in dubai is now completely nullified by the fact that they're now sat in their houses for 10 days, don't tell me they've all got their own gym set-up. By the time they come back they'll all have put on weight and will take them at least a couple of weeks and games to get back to full match fitness. Complete shambles.

6. James Gold Member Gold Member

21 points behind in January and just generally a total embarrassment of a season yet still not a whisper of him being sacked

7. aliceinsound

If Lennon or any other genuine Celtic man was offered the Leicester job midway through a season managing us they would likely do the exact same thing

Wee Baldy and martin_d like this.
  8. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He 100% for me left because he wanted to * Lawwell over.

Can you actually blame him? He seen this coming and Lawwell refused to give him the cash for the players he wanted saying there is no money, yet he finds all that cash for Lennon?

Leicester even said they would wait till the summer but he wanted out after that January transfer window.

Lawwell is the rotten apple and caused all of this.

TheWolf, Breathnach67, Crilly and 2 others like this.
  9. wulliebad

Its widely accepted that it was Leicester who demanded he left when he did so they would be ready for the new season.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  10. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Lawwell drove Rodgers out, but leaving in the middle of the season was inexcusable.

11. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman

I dont think it was 100% to * Lawwell over. Rodgers is the same as the majority of players playing for us. If they get offered a pathway into the EPL then they're taking it. It automatically trebles your wages regardless of which club it is and they know also if they do well with one of the smaller to medium size clubs that they then have a chance of moving onto a top four club. Basically every player or manager in our squad (and in every squad in Scotland) would jump at the chance to go to an English Premier League club.

TheWolf and Crilly like this.
  12. bhoy81

I get what you are saying but he has the option to go at the end of the season.

For me it was a big * you to Pedro going when he did.

SuperZidane likes this.
  13. bhoy81

I seen Rodgers interview in the summer about that but most people said he is only saying that.

At this time various outlets stated he can come in the summer.

Edit - one of the many snippets from the media regarding the Rodgers incident

Leicester’s Thai owners did not balk at a £6 million compensation package for Celtic and had been willing to wait until the summer for the Northern Irish manager. However, Rodgers, 46, was willing to move back to England immediately and take over at a club that are 11th in the table after a poor run under Claude Puel.

and from Rodgers

I felt I had taken it as far as I could in that time. I then had a decision to make about going into a new project at Leicester where there is an ambition there and there are challenges that I would be excited by. We were 27 games into a league campaign. We were clear at the top of the league, we had already won a cup and I felt I was leaving the club in a good state.

OK, the timing wasn’t ideal for many people but I felt the club was in a really good place, the players’ mentality, everything around the club was healthy. But, because of how quickly it happened, it was probably difficult for some people to accept. But we’ve both moved on since then. Celtic moved on and won the treble which was brilliant. Three trebles consecutively which is incredible.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    TheWolf likes this.
  14. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    There’s literally no point keeping him in the job so why is he still with us?

Embarrassing.

Might need to go gold and change my name.

:nonono:

15. SuperZidane

Absolutely - the rot started when Lawwell tried to low-ball Hibs on the John McGinn transfer. To be fair to Hibs, Lawwells' behaviour was insulting - in the end, he matched Villa's 2.75 million offer only after McGinn agreed to go. This for a player who has been quoted at 25 - 30 million if Villa sell.

Rodgers was disgusted and rightly so. The relationship never recovered - I think when we signed Shved the following Jan, Rodgers made an off-hand comment indicating that he had not been consulted or involved (another winner for heated driveway productions).

I think he left to say **** you to Lawwell - also Celtic received about 9m in total compensation for Rodgers and his management team so Celtic made a profit.

I personally don't blame him - some fans on here need to be realistic. While the discrepancy in TV money is in place, the majority of EPL clubs are more attractive in terms of salaries and transfer budgets.

Leicester had just built a 100m training/medical facility and currently sit 3rd in the Premier league.

I can understand some people on here being upset at Rodgers. What makes me laugh is that some of those who call him a snake etc were going on about what a hero and "real Celtic man" Lennon is - give me a break.

One thing is certain - we don't have to worry about anyone offering a load of money and trying to poach Lennon.

TheWolf, Dublin Celt, Smithy and 3 others like this.
  16. jj81

So * lost. That how I feel

Going from top too bottom is too quick

Numb , disgusted , how can they sit and watch while the money piled in

Dirty *

bhoy81 and Wee Baldy like this.
  17. jj81

* THE BOARD

18. celticdaft238

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    The non-action be the board is surely just out of spite to the Celtic fans....

Even they must be able to see that:
    • The fans don't want Lennon and weren't happy when he was offered the job in the showers
    • The club is going backwards quickly and things really aren't working
    • If anyone else was 21 points behind at the beginning of January they would have been fired
    • Lennon ain't going to walk, he's going to wait until he's sacked because they will have to pay to fire him
    Such an utterly grim situation we find ourselves in, in a season where we could make history

Wee Baldy and SuperZidane like this.
  19. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Liewell and DD want to face down the fans on this one and show us whose the Daddy.

Keep that in mind when they try to get you to part with another £600 for some poxy stream in May...

20. JamesM09

The thing is, a huge chunk of the support won’t remember. The board know it’s only January and we won’t remember this clearly come renewal time. All it will take is a marketing campaign and everything will be fine again.

This is why I’m more into blaming the support these days (not all, obviously).

To be fooled by these people is forgivable. To be fooled under these circumstances is inexcusable though. We deserve everything we get if we don’t take action as a support. I predict we won’t and we will see 10 years of mediocrity.