1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Nov 30, 2020.

Discuss CELTIC TRAINING CAMP IN DUBAI in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JamesM09

The off the field antics this season should be one those huge watershed moments for the support where we permanently make a change. Whenever we see the manager or custodians behave unprofessionally we should be able to reference ‘Lennon, Lawwell and 2020’ in our conscious to make sure it doesn’t happen again.

My overriding fear is there’s no where near enough energy or appetite in the support to make changes. I feel most will be appeased if we get a decent manager and/or a few good signings in the summer.

Like the Huns were tested 10 years ago and failed miserably, we are being tested now. If we’re a great support we’ll intelligently band together and make permanent change.

If we’re lazy and mediocre we’ll just switch off from this and buy tickets next season to ‘back the new manager’ ignoring the inexcusable incompetence of this board.

This is the great measure of the Celtic support, not how many sheep buy tickets for next season so they can say, ‘am no a glory hunter’.

2. Hope N Ur Heart

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnstone followed closely by Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Them all!!
    Decision to travel:Ripple effect?...Apart from the carnage it has caused to what is now left of our season.
    I would presume that all partners and children( now that players have returned home)have to be quarantined as well...shambles!!
    Footbal aside, a total disregard to the safety of their families.
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing,but dugs in the street could see this comming.
    Who had the final say to go ahead with the trip???:40:

3. JamesM09

Lennon and Lawwell. Both will clear hundreds of thousands of pounds of our money in the next few months while we sit furloughed watched this total * show.

Lennon won’t even care. He’s ‘Club legend’ but that cares about the club and the support. :56:

4. scootz

5. scootz

I *think* I'm more * off with Dubai-gate than anything else this season. I can accept not being good enough, I can accept mistakes being made, but I cannot abide arrogance... and lately the club has been reeking of it!

You know what our office-bearers have reminded me of this season? The * Tory cabinet! They seem to think that * just slides off them and that they're beyond reproach. Its been like a Monty Python sketch where the punchline lies in repeatedly stating the exact opposite of the prevailing fact!

No contrition from any of them over this utter farce - just digging a bigger * hole!

Peej likes this.
  6. Celticbhoy97

I’ve got no issue’s with any criticism being flung at the club.

Anyone who attempts to defend it is a * moron and Cairstairs will welcome you with open arms.

Someone/s needs to come out and accept responsibility for this fiasco and duly serve their resignation/s

Wee Baldy, The Phoenix, Peej and 2 others like this.
  7. crazy-horse1977

I can't believe the deafening silence around it. They hoping the scrutiny goes away?

Absolute calamity, the whole affair.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I stapled my * to a belt sander today just to take my mind off things........

10. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Wish I had a belt sander.

11. James Gold Member Gold Member

Seen a tweet earlier saying we refused to take Griffiths to France pre season due to his fitness but flew a player on 1 leg half way around the world to Dubai

12. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

I appreciate you’re only keeping everyone up to date, thanks for that. But who really gives a * anymore, the seasons gone. Really couldn’t give a * about Saturday, won’t even watch it can’t say I’ve ever done that before. Scunnered.

Bonobhoy likes this.
  13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I feel * aswel but what else is on :56:

Peej likes this.
  14. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Last night, not even seen a single highlight of it yet, dont intend to.

The snooker?

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Not the first time a belter has been balls'd up this week...

16. StevieBhoooy!

That would require a degree of self-awareness , humility, respect for the paying support, appreciation of their privileged position etc etc etc..... so probably not.

... more like... “wish I was back at that pool sipping £14 lagers that I wasn’t paying fir snywAy...”

Right now I’d rather sit through a box set of ‘Call the Midwife’ or be forced to watch a ‘James Corden Best of’ compilation...

.... although the belt sander would be less painful.

17. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

:56:That’s what it’s came to mate, just going to go a walk Saturday afternoon and forget about the football, been too stressful the past few months, can’t take anymore haha.

Sydneysider likes this.
  18. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    What is rather amusing about all of this is that whatever benefit we thought we would get from Dubai with warm weather training and what not has ended up being entirely pointless as half of our squad is now only able to do training within their own house for the next 7 days or so.

Whatever benefit on fitness or shape has vanished already, just a complete *.

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. Sydneysider

Incredibly stupid decision and it may not be over.

What are the odds that in a couple of days the Club will announce more players and/or staff have also been required to quarantine.

Artorias likes this.