1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v Hibernian (Monday the 11th of January, 2021- 19:45 - Sky Sports)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Dude, Jan 2, 2021.

Discuss Celtic v Hibernian (Monday the 11th of January, 2021- 19:45 - Sky Sports) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye Turkish Lira.

2. SteveyNico67

3. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Expected nothing before the game and got nothing.

So no surprises. Sad state of affairs.

4. theweeman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    I'd say its even worse, as we started this season from a position of massive strength. Barnes was going up against a top Huns side with a top coach at the peak of their financial doping / cheating. This is probably our worst season since the 1950s

5. Dip 'n' Swerve

3 points dropped from our own mistakes.. where to begin.

silly free kick to give away, we still had 2 chances to clear the lines - hazard is shocking at crosses or commanding his box - he could have punched it away even fs, then mc gregor and laxalt get in the way of duffy with a joke of a clearance then he blocks it by going to ground. it is simple when the balls comes across one of the three need to take ownership and shout for the ball to be put into row z not 2 yards in front of you :(

lennon giving instructions over airpods ffs is he not on furlough?

I felt for taylor last night I thought he could have came on and made more of a threat down the left hand side, I prob blame laxalt silly free kick for being * he done a lot of work down the left hand side he should have been replaced to the end. Henderson deserved a longer stretch in the game too.

harper didn't impress
    mc gregor is having a poor season, and I don't see what all the fuss about him is
    rogic - stick a fork in him he is done and a luxury we cant afford
    soro and turnbull do their thing - soro was unlucky with a great effort
    welsh looks a good addition and learning under a wise head would come on leaps and bounds
    frimp - shocking - what does he actually offer, he runs down the wing comes inside and falls apart, he has no final outball or delivery or impact in the attacking third
    Mikey didn't look to be at the races and still seems a selfish player
    Duffy - sorry not for us
    Laxalt - he offers nothing in the attacking third, could a new manager bring out something in him?
    hazard - panics with crosses and balls into the box, their keeper looked more composed on loan from arsenal. a keeper cant be that hard to find - hladky even from last season at this stage!
    did we actually cross or whip any balls in yesterday?

1-0 bring on a defender close up shop esp as we only mustered 2 corners until the last kick of the game - the match looked like a classic smash and grab.

this team is a shambles, heads need to roll - a true celtic man would walk away from the club: Lennon /Lawwell please go and bring your baggage with you and rebuild this team. You will be lucky to see a trophy in the next 24 months * horrible, esp if the rangers get into the CL next season, should we be worrying.

From covid celtic have came out the most unprofessional in the way things have been handled and conducted - the german clubs realised dubai was a mistake this season and knocked it on the head

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    Sydneysider likes this.
  6. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

Boyd vanished from our games a while back after his jibe against Griffiths mental health.

7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Got 1 point

8. joemc

I have to admit at the time the pics surfaced and the outrage started on here I thought a lot of it was ott , but the situation it put us in after is unbelievable, to have to go into a game you can't afford to lose the way we did last night i have to now say ,it was utterly unprofessional and last night I finally gave up the title .

Artorias and Celticbhoy97 like this.
  9. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    More pish, had enough of Celtic this season.

10. Living the dream

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy Johnston
    I hear that BBC are making a new soap opera
    Glasgow Eastenders it’s the same crap as Eastenders with poor actors and business men who can’t organise a *. The story line is unbelievable and nobody will believe it but low and behold it’s here and we’re part of it

11. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    We don't look coached no style of play,, no little boxes of play getting it up the park, no movement off the ball or on it, set pieces for and against we don't do the basics, were slow sluggish and predictable in open play, I had higher hopes for the team last night thinking they would be hungry on the front foot, full of energy but no, I'm sickened with everything to do with the club right now

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

Twisty likes this.
  12. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Honestly looked like 11 guys thrown together without any coaching at all. Then again, they probably were last night tbf.

cas79 likes this.
  13. Mr. Slippyfist

Sounds a bit like River City :fear:

14. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Got some good news for you mate

dbhoy72, Twisty and gandolf like this.
  15. joemc

Virtually was , amazing how far off our academy players are .

16. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    Out of interest, was there anyone in that Hibs side you liked the look of? Thought Doig at left back looked a solid player.

17. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Wee * will be straight onto hmrc claiming his working from home expenses, greedy wee *

18. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    that's a bit harsh, We had no striker and the academy players were thrown in on a days notice. Usually one academy player would be bled at a time, maybe 2, and they'd have experienced heads to help them through it. On Monday they got * on and had very little support.

Just another indication of how poor the planning and decision making at the club is. Should be sacking the management team and CEO now and bringing in ambitious and progressive replacements to have the rest of this dead rubber of a season to work with the players and identify what needs changed next season, bearing in mind that there will be an exodus of players in the summer. Ajer, Edouard, Christie (thank *) Ntcham are all pretty much certain to go.

If Lennon is in charge for next season we are done for a good few years and they'll get 4, 5 or 6 in a row as we are going backwards rapidly/

19. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Regrettably just seen the Hibs goal on twitter, by chance.
    Was hoping not to see anything - really wish I didn't.
    * me our defence of set pieces continues to be dreadful. And that is a backline that should be fairly established - Welsh aside, but then he should have been afforded more time this season as well.
    Hazards flap, * *!