1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Renew

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Stevie6767, Jan 11, 2021.

Discuss Will You Renew in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'll be renewing without question. Don't expect any boardroom changes. Wouldn't be surprised to see Lennon still in charge. The only thing that would have me think twice is the thought of going all next season again not getting inside the stadium. I'm nearly 700 wuid for my seat.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  2. elbhoydo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    If they want me to renew they're going to have to offer a decent discount otherwise I'll just buy a ticket for games i can attend.
    No way I'm paying those prices again for bog standard entertainment.

A probably will though, very last minute through gritted teeth.

Bernie Bhoy likes this.
  3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I'll answer this after the game :giggle1:

4. JamesM09

The way I see it if you’re renewing next season you’ve no right to complain. They don’t even hide their contempt for you or their ambition for the club. If you still want to put the cash in then don’t plead ignorance when we’re served unambitious dogshit by poor managers.

Frasbo likes this.
  5. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

sort of see your point but it’s also factually wrong, the tens of millions shortfall will plunge us into the same place huns have been over the last decade. Boycotting the superstore is a more logical method of making our voice heard, it’ll leave them scurrying to Adidas trying to explain to them why nobodies buying their stuff

on topic:
    I’ll only renew if I’m actually getting to go to the games.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Probably yes because the other option is we get even worse, we need our fans more than ever. But by * are changes needed.

7. JamesM09

I get what you’re saying but this is bollocks mate.

Withhold your cash.

See when it gets to August and they’ve only sold 15k season books, they will be removed, I guarantee it.

Then you buy your season book. It’s that simple.

People need to get it out their head that Celtic will go bankrupt if we don’t renew right away. Hold the cash at least until August. We’re a PLC, if we threaten their cash they will change the board and we will then put the money in.

Edit: BY THE WAY. Withhold cash from the retail is the worst action to take. That will give the board enough money to continue as they want, but will take away the extra money needed to compete more effectively. Go all in or do nothing. The middle ground is the worst by far.

8. Frasbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Il renew if theres a Big Change from the board and management.
    My Goodwill is finished after this week. Been slapped in the face how many times as a fan this season ?

Peej likes this.
  9. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    £600 each for me and my son. I pay for both. Work commitments for him means he misses some games and someone else gets a free ticket. (No probs there)

Plus European games if we get there. TBH all just to make sure we get tickets for the hun games.

Plus travel costs etc.... all to be treated like this?

I can pick and choose most games I want to go to and watch the rest at home on IPTV or a stream with a beer....

Need to think about it ......

10. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

It’ll be twice that IMO

54kish now, I expect a drop off of 10-12k

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. ladbroke8

This season was a bump. To not even have a decent quality HD stream available for 50k people is a * joke. 720p with poor connection for 550 odd quid.

I said if we blow the 10 I might chuck it but after how it's panned out this season the passion for it has totally gone. We've failed to act when it was clear the ship was sinking. Boli was ostracized for a daft trip to Spain then the management allows full squad to travel off for a few days in the sun that resulted in the final nail in our coffin and they don't want the same criticism. I called it in 2018. There was an arrogance about us under Rodgers. We stated to become predictable on the pitch and the recruitment was in decline. All we have done since 2018 is waste money on projects, the arrogance has allowed a manager across the river to spot the weaknesses and built a team equipped to expose them.

I just have no desire to commit any money time and emotions to it. It may seem spoiled but we built for this season and royally * it slapping fans in face at same time.

FranceCelt likes this.
  12. JamesM09

Sadly I think this is true. It will drop off enough that the Huns pull ahead, but not enough for there to be any change at the club.

Simply, it will drop enough for the club to be able to make profit by downsizing running costs, so the board will have achieved their aim. Shame so many supporters don’t see it.

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I will almost certainly renew as there is no viable alternative.

14. McGrory1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Callum McGregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    If the manager goes and there is a board shake up then yes, I will renew. If that doesn’t happen then I really doubt it which hurts to say. I can’t continue to put my hard earned cash towards the current board’s ego while they show constant contempt for the heart and soul of the club - the fans.

_DannyBhoy_, Peej and paulo123 like this.
  15. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

100s not renewing will create a dent in finances

This is why the club has overdraft facilities it’s time they used it

Am sure they will survive

As for 2 ST in my family, am out

Peej likes this.
  16. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Quite literally the alternative is not to renew.

I know for some this is a hard call and the reasons to renew mean so much, but literally the alternative is not to renew.

I say this not to shame or anything, but everyone who renews must surely see this board for what they are and understand what you pay for is not what you get in return and with that you are keeping this structure as is.
    That is each and every mans choice and I totally get that for some the emotional attachment is too much to let go, no begrudging that at all.

17. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye there is money in the bank AND an overdraft facility to use.
    One season of not renewing, even if it was EVERY ticket, won't kill us off, far from it.
    It would shake this club up and the end goal of a restructured board and new vision would see fans sign back up in droves, more so than normal.

CH4 likes this.
  18. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

I’m not renewing.

I’m actually moving out of Glasgow and been unemployed for a bit so it’s just not logical.

19. Conjuring_Obey Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley song
    If I had a season ticket I wouldn’t renew mainly because the offering this season has been totally abysmal.

20. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

Leaving aside the emotions, for a minute, of simply not renewing.
    This is all about wanting rid of DD/Lawwell/Lenny, with nothing said about what actually replaces it/them, not a thing.
    We could end up with our equivalent of chuckles green and his mates for all I/we know but hey they could well have said up the ra at the press conference so its gonna be fine. I want a bit more than that tbh.
    Therefore, as I said mate, there is no viable alternative that I can see nor anyone else as it stands imo.

Bobo_ likes this.