1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

January Signings

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ApartPidgeon, Dec 12, 2020.

Discuss January Signings in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I can see him leaving as well. It will be his last chance to get a bumper offer.

The 10 is * so what’s stopping him leaving now and he would have the supports blessing as well.

2. SuperZidane

Absolutely - if they let Lennon have any input into signings, it sends all the wrong signals. Either they still think he will be here next season or it will be Kennedy. The other alternative is that a new manager will be stuck with players that he doesn't want.

3. Dip 'n' Swerve

I see that Benkovic has been recalled from Cardiff to Leicester... unsure why he has been recalled maybe as he wasn't getting game time? Lift the phone Lennon or as you are in Dubai a free wifi skype or watsapp call save the pennies.

He would be better than Duffy and good cover for Jullien.

Give the fans something to cheer about fs

fms06 likes this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

be strange to sign players with a dead duck manager, guess maybe we could get big frazer in cause we know what were getting there so no risk, be strange for us to get anyone else unless there cheap and a prospect just the way ole pete likes them

5. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    No point signing anyone at this point. I don’t think (hope!) Lennon will last beyond this season. So there is No point him signing players since season is basically finished. Also I really do not trust him with transfers. Look at his signings recently, especially those from overseas. All have been underwhelming. Klimala, Ajeti and Barkas are players we will struggle to shift. Then lets not forget Bolingoli

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    New manager = signings

Same manager = For the love of *, no signings, please.

Peej likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    this.

Breathnach67 likes this.
  8. gazb1888

Sergio Romero is free to leave Man Utd that I’d love to see would certainly be achievable

9. honda Gold Member Gold Member

He would be good enough but his wages after man utd? Would instantly double our highest earner imo.

gazb1888 likes this.
  10. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We need signings now. We need another cb, I don't trust Duffy. We also need options on the wing. I also think with all the players leaving in the summer we at least need a base squad.

11. david100825

If Lennon was sacked then I'd want the approach below in this window to provide some stability for the summer. Our whole defence needs reconstructed.

Goalkeeper

GK - Barkas / New / Bain

We need a really strong second choice behind Barkas signed in this window.

If Barkas doesn't improve between now and the summer he should go in place of a first choice.

Bain and Hazard are at best 3rd choice - we need to accept that.

Defence

DR - New / Frimpong
    DL - Laxalt / New
    DC - Jullien / Bitton
    DC - Ajer / Benkovic

Frimpong should be competing with a more established player. Elhamed isn't good enough and is injured too often. He can be 3rd choice right back / 5th choice auxiliary centre back but that's all, he can't be relied on.

Taylor isn't good enough - we need to accept that. We should try for Laxalt permanently.

Ajer will want to go this window but Benkovic should absolutely not be his direct replacement, he should be another option in addition to Ajer/Ajer's replacement.

Duffy should simply go. His style of defending is not suited to a club that dominates the ball - taking minutes away from others is a waste of time at this point.

Wee Baldy and Peej like this.
  12. gazb1888

At 33 years old never really established himself as a no.1 could have a great few years with us, just me dreaming I guess.. ☘️

13. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    It's a weird situation to be in. We obviously need players in such as a GK and a CB yet, not a lot of us would trust NL with the responsibility of signing players. So, do we stick with what we've got and just try to make a fist of it till the end of the season and maybe claw the points back or, would fans prefer to see a new manager coming in who might take a few months to sort things out but fail to win the league.?

14. oh bhoy

we already have the best squad in the country , the managers position is the one in desperate need of an upgrade

Peej likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    pretty much at this stage the exact reason why the board should go for the change now.

It's a wasted window otherwise.

16. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    If they are going to act (and it's a big if) they really need to do it now in order t give a new manager a chance of making his own choices but, knowing our board, I won't hold my breath

Peej likes this.