1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Albian Ajeti

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Aug 12, 2020.

Discuss Albian Ajeti in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He needs a run of games. The same way LG needed a run of games. Guarantee you that if he gets a gets a few starts before the end of the season, we see a different player to the one being thrown on for a few minutes here and there, especially in a game like today when it was basically done.

2. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bit of a moaning chubby * but we paid 5 mill for him and he did start off well for us..

Is it time to give him a proper run?

Edouard will be gone soon and Griff isn't the most reliable..

Get him playing with pace around him and Turnbull close..

3. Celticbhoy97

If a 5 million pound signing can’t get in the side where we’re playing 2 up top with 2 strikers that can’t bury * all...

then he should have never been bought to think Toney was whoreing himself out to us

4. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Honestly I would, Edouard has had a pretty barren run of goals recently and as much as I love griffiths, he isn't reliable.

For me, the most important part of this season now is winning the scottish cup and preparing for next season, get players like Doughty, Davies, Pearson, Forster (Permanent, not a loan) in and get them playing. If Lennon is staying to the end of the season (which he unfortunately 100% is) we need to start preparing who comes after him.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Same..

I don't want to see any loan's getting a game now or any huffy *..

Sell Edouard this window
    Sell Ntcham this window
    Bye Elhamed
    Taxi Bitton
    Get Duffy out
    Send Mo back
    Laxalt it's over pal

Barkas either punt or play him as number 1

Get some player's in who want to be here and blend it with some kid's and the new boy's who've broke through recently..

Use the season wisely to build a side that's better defensively, has more pace and gets us ready for the qualifiers and next season with new boy's integrated in for a few month's..

6. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I'd add Christie to that list too, guy clearly doesn't want to be here.

I'd keep Laxalt and Elyounoussi for now, have Doughty slowly take over from Laxalt as the season progresses, and Elyounoussi is a decent option from the bench, albeit I wouldn't lose any sleep if he left.

As for Barkas, I think he's done, I think he's a much, much better keeper than he's showing, but his confidence is zero and I don't see it working out here, perhaps a new Manager would breathe new life into him (and a lot of others) but we know that isn't happening.

Forgot to add, i'd 100% be getting another RB in this window, *, i'd actually accept a loan, someone to properly push Frimpong.

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right now, looks a waste of money.
    If Eddy goes in this window, he deserves a run and may come good.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye that * can * off as well. Forgot that clown for the list..

Just think it's pointless keeping loan boy's or playing them every week when a big overhaul will be needed and they're never coming back..

Get new guy's in this window or play Mikey in place of Mo or Connell in place of Laxalt..

I don't mind if Barkas * off just think if he doesn't....it benefits us on at least getting a decent fee if he picks up his form..

Right back. 2 centre halves. Left back. Keeper..

That's just the back-line..

Loads of work to do..

9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    We're not too far off in other areas, with James Forrest fit and, Griffiths and Ajeti as our strikers until Summer, that would be enough for the frontline, give Mikey the LW spot for now.

As for midfield, I'd still bring in Pearson from Preston, but with young Robertson coming into the fold next year a midfield of Mcgregor, Soro, Turnbull, Pearson and Robertson would be very strong imo.

Defence is a nightmare, and the one thing I used to give Lenny credit for was how good he made our defense, this time round he's somehow managed to be worse than the rat,

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Need a top striker in still. Probably won't happen this window..

Midfield looks decent but still light for me. Need more and something more top drawer in there..

Defence needs everything..

HTG likes this.
  11. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

Add ajeti and Christie to the punt list, probably won't get rid of ajeti until summer though.

12. Paradise88

Couldn't cut it in the premier league. Now can't cut it in Scotland.

Ship him to the Faroe Islands

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I thought he looked quite sharp in front of goal, but his fitness is laughable, his attitude looks stinking too, I'd grt rid of every striker we have, maybe keep Griff.

Actually tbh I wouldn't keep many of the current squad. Wouldn't bat an eyelid if one single player left.

14. Dip 'n' Swerve

he started very goal scored a few very important goals and some instinctive finishing - he needs another few starts and a goal or two under his belt - hopefully after this dubai debacle he can get back on form. One of his goals before he got injured was top drawer took it 30 yards out, drove forward and difficult into the top corner. his injury came and we wobbled - him and griff are too alike or could they learn to play together? send polish paddy out on loan to hibs take points of rangers

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

What’s this absolute myth about “attitude” in football these days. Every * gets the “attitude” treatment.

Ajeti was putting in shifts when we played our best football in Europe.

It’s the same with any players, he needs games. It’s pretty simple.

Tommy25 and Dip 'n' Swerve like this.
  16. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Play him every week..

Do that and he'll score goals..

17. Pearse67*

Should be in instead of edouard.

18. Dip 'n' Swerve

Laxalt is a great natural left back - he stops forward plays, if we get someone attack minded in front of him that is solid perhaps MJ, I think the modern game is unfair on full backs who need to transform into attack minded wingers and get up and down the line for the full 90 mins.

Elhamed is one of our most effective crosses of a moving ball, I would keep him - the guy obv misses his wife and family he wants to stay and he is strong, good in the air and can be a positive player if he can get his family situation over. good cover player and versatile.

Ajeiti was such a steal until he got injured, it is hard for any player to come off the bench and impress - give him a few games to start get his confidence back and I think he will come on - the problem is our quality of crosses during the game is shocking we need to improve that - Moi is frustrating he offers no width and plays for himself … fucksake he missed a clean sitter in the first rangers game - * we have been so unfortunate this season no lady luck at all in terms of injuries, covid, bolingoli - rangers have got a lot of luck hopefully we get more luck in the next 6 weeks - focus on each game and make them nervous - 2 draws their end who knows.

19. callumrae1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kayal
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Both he and Klimala need minutes on the pitch now

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Jury for me is still out on Ajeti. Looks to be an out and out penalty box striker closer maybe to a Hooper type of striker. But he showed enough signs early on before everything went * up for us to want to keep him IMHO. It is not easy settling into a new country and culture and this whole pandemic situation must be making it much more difficult for players to come in and settle so I would be inclined to keep him and give him some time.

Tommy25 and Dip 'n' Swerve like this.