1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Mikey Johnston

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Keano88, May 6, 2017.

Discuss Mikey Johnston in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Wee Baldy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I couldn't care if his face looked like a well skelped erse just as long as he does his magic on the pitch.

2. Dip 'n' Swerve

Is Mikey J not better on the wing coming in and taking on players at 1 v 1s, Turnbull can play a penetrating pass, is a serious threat from corners and seems to have goals to his locker.

What is the current version of Mikey J, before he went off injured ( which was his own fault ) he appeared as a moody selfish player with streaks of mc geady in him - Mikey played in the rangers game and played dogshit from memory, he * himself. How can a player be out for a long period of time and lose no sharpess - he needs to be used wisely at present at that is from the bench. He was out for a long time - can that be counted as more experienced?

Rangers will try to stop us, play deep, slow the game down, get n our face, compact the midfield and then reply on spring loaded attacks from their full backs, and a variety of crosses into the box, set pieces and corners. They will take a 0-0 or 1-1. The rangers game will be lost or won in the middle of the pitch and which team can control the tempo, pace and breaking balls - a bit like a game of chess. The game will be won on small margins and individual errors. PUT MEN ON THE POST FROM CORNERS LENNON!

Lennon has some serious thinking to do before the game and you would think in his head he is starting to already pick his first 11, if not, he is deluded and the game could be his last.

This season so far is a load of what ifs..

- what if bolingoli didn't act the maggot and we had 2 more competitive games under our belt before the rangers game
    - what if he started griff in the rangers game
    - what if we had have won that game v Aberdeen
    - what is we had have turned up at home to Ross County
    - what if soro played during the CL run

We are nearly into 2021 and our team is still being tinkered about - not just one player in one out for fatigue but for improvements and trying to test out things.

Ive never seen a team change from hot to cold in a game of football as much as celtic this season, the second half of the cup final was abysmal - even at 2-1 the chance was to flex and kick on and win 3-1 or 4-1.

Reality check before the rangers game, this at the minute is out 10 in a row cup final.

every game from here on in is a cup final, and if players who start and do come on don't come off the pitch bolloxed , working their nuts in for the team they don't deserve to wear the jersey.

Wee Baldy likes this.
  3. Lewis Kerr

Hammy89, Jacob knows and Wee Baldy like this.
  4. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Good point, he might be capable although tbf I can't immediately recall any defence-splitting passes he's made in previous games (edited this as a nod to Lewis Kerr, great pass to split the hun defence last season, showing he's got it in his locker) but he does have great link up play from that area if you remember his lovely one two with Ntcham at home to Rennes last season that led to him scoring, but like Rogic the ball tends to stick to him & I think he'd be able to skip past multiple players from that position in tight situations from which he would then drive into the box & take a shot or square it to the strikers. I'm happy with Rogic or MJ in there but I feel it's a waste to have both on the bench when for me they would add more to the team than Christie, just need to move Turnbull back a place & then bring one or the other into CAM, who would you pick between Rogic & MJ for that current role?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Always fancied him as a 10.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Rogić. If we play another formation, then both of them could fit in, although it leaves us with 1 striker.

RogicHasMagicToes likes this.
  7. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    So many choices man Lenny is * spoilt

8. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In the offensive midfield department. Defense though...:54:

We have to hope that if Rogić plays, he keeps Rangers worried about us, and unable to get into their rhythm.

9. Dip 'n' Swerve

you could argue that wasn't a defence splitting pass, eddie needed to drop

The last rangers game we enjoyed :-0

Just bring it back plz lol !!

Jonny hayes running about like Roberto carlos lol

Wee Baldy likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Celtic winger Mikey Johnston isn't content with training hard at Lennoxtown every day, the winger gets in extra practice in the park at night.

The 21-year-old has impressed since breaking into the first team, though he missed the start of this season's Premiership campaign with injury.

That knee problem was sustained at St Johnstone last season and possibly aggravated when the youngster attempted to play through the pain barrier.

Manager Neil Lennon used his final substitution having been assured Johnston could continue, only for the Scotland Under-21 international to limp off moments later.

That drew an angry response from the Celtic gaffer but according to pundit Simon Ferry it's unlikely he'll have similar headaches with the wide man off the pitch.

The Open Goal host revealed that, so dedicated is Johnston, he gets extra practice in every night in his local park.

Speaking on Go Radio Ferry said: "For any young kid listening, here is one for you.

Mikey Johnston stays the street down from me with his mum and dad. I drive home from here at 7:30-8 at night and Mikey Johnston is out in the public parks practicing.

He’s up with a ball at the Stepps playing fields smashing balls about.

"So there you go. That’s why he is where he is obviously isn’t it?”

11. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I’d be happy to play him for his unmatched ability but he has no place in the 442 diamond.

He isn’t playing striker, he isn’t playing 10 and that leaves Cal and Christie’s LM/RM positions or CM/CM depending how narrow we go at times and for that we need two players with some defensive capability.

Granted Christie isn’t blessed here but he has energy to at least track back day and night even if he is a dug chasing it’s tail at times.

I actually think Cham is better suited for that role over Christie but it’* or miss with him and Christie does have a 1 in 20 Chance of scoring a blinder. LOL

12. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    He could play 10 no problem

13. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Right now, reckon he is best used for last 20min. Just cant see a starting slot for him the now.

14. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No doubt, my point there was Turnbull is the 10 as it stands so won’t play there. :50:

15. RogicHasMagicToes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    True, but could easily shift Turnbull into Christie's current position & then bring Rogic or MJ into the 10, or even Elyounoussi

Turnbull Soro CalMac
    Rogic/MJ/Elyounoussi

I'd choose Tam personally.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Boruc17

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Good to see him back definitely missing the spark he brings in the final 3rd.

eire4 likes this.
  18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Agreed hopefully we start to see more of him from Monday on at least off the bench for now.

Boruc17 likes this.
  19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Clearly no taking his physique seriously..

Unless he's bench pressing Lennon in every interview....I'm no interested..

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Why was he not on the bench against Huns?
    Dont tell me he got canned for empty jersey Nicham.