1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

That was my fault for not qualifying my post like my last few...

In b4 “hurr durr I don’t duh think duh a Scottish team duh would duhhhh take him on hurrrrrr” :giggle1:

Valhalla likes this.
  2. joemc

Man city pay the highest wages , to players and manager , buy the best and most expensive players, have never won cl ,failed to win epl title last year and probably this year too .

Sydneysider likes this.
  3. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Plenty will be interested.

Look at the managers currently employed and ask yourself if Neil Lennon is honestly the worst.

The answer is not even close.

4. Breathnach67

Fav Celtic Song:
    The White and The Green
    I know you’re being facetious but I could genuinely see him at a Killie or Motherwell. Both of which are his level I reckon. That said, I suspect Motherwell fans or even Killie fans would turn their nose up at the idea given they’ve had very recent experience of pragmatic but quite tactically astute managers in Robinson and Clarke respectively.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was just hoping to get in there before you edited it :56:

Sean Daleer likes this.
  6. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

KIlmarnock and Motherwell fans would turn their nose up at Lennon? Possibly but it wouldn’t be for footballing reasons.

And it would be their * loss. Sadly I don’t think fans of both those clubs are as stupid as some of ours right now.

Breathnach67 and Sydneysider like this.
  7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Dave Chappelle CSC :giggle1:

Valhalla likes this.
  8. oh bhoy

a skint bolton were the only ones interested on the back of his first spell and he talked a lot of * on rte for a long time before hibs gave him a chance

SwissCelt likes this.
  9. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Let's think about that for a second. Would any team in Scottish premiership take him? For many reasons, within and without football, I can't see it. English premiership? Not a chance. English championship? Maybe, but I doubt it. Now you get to the question, would Lenny go to a English league 1 or lower team? Or a Scottish Chmpionship or lower team? I don't think his ego would take that as it would show his level as a manager, where he thinks he is a CL level manager. So realistically this could well be his last job in management as the teams he would go to won't want him, and the ones that might take him he'll think he's too good for.

Well, that's my interpretation of the situation anyway.

10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    At the height of his powers the best Lenny could get was Bolton, i think he hoped he would land an EPL club, the CL results from years ago were not enough to convince any top clubs to want him.

Fast forward to the present, for me he's lost his mojo and is fastly becoming a joke figure, i honestly cannot see many clubs interested in acquiring his services when he finally departs Celtic.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

I’m done with this thread. I avoided Celtic Chat for a reason. I just remembered why.

Mental.

Sydneysider and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s his last management gig. Not because absolutely nobody would take him, but I think the best he’d get wouldn’t interest him enough to stay in management.

When he left us, the best offer he got was at cash strapped Bolton, who were dead bottom of the English Championship. Since then, I wouldn’t say he’s enhanced his reputation.

Rightly or wrongly, I think a lot of clubs would steer clear of him because of his perceived image, regardless of managerial ability.

I just struggle to see where he goes after this job.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  13. The Phoenix Black Lives Matter

Fav Celtic Song:
    Lawwell get to fuck
    He took Hibs so I think he'd take another job in Scotland.

Maybe the Sheep if McInness leaves.

14. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    The beauty of this argument is that, unlike a lot of the others, it will get a definitive answer at some point.

I genuinely find it hard to know what will happen with him. FWIW if I were a chairman, I wouldn't read too much into Bolton (by all accounts they were a basket case). I'd be looking at his first stint at us, the players he spotted and developed, taking Hibs back up and then consolidating them in the SPL, seeing us over the line at really short notice (where a lot of managers would have let their ego rule and start changing things in that run in) and the treble last year and thinking that he clearly has some talent. Unfortunately I'd also be looking at the way it imploded so quickly at Hibs and now here and think that he equally clearly can lose the plot alarmingly quickly.

Of course, he'll walk into a job at a diddy club like Killie or Motherwell; but whether he can get something half-decent like Hearts or Aberdeen... it's hard to see them taking that kind of risk.

Based on nothing other than gut feeling, I could probably see him somewhere like Dundee Utd: a club that used to be a fairly decent club and that might be willing to take a risk on Lenny to recover that status.

Sydneysider likes this.
  15. oh bhoy

oh aye he took over an all conquering side and drove them off a cliff that wont be lost on anyone looking for a manager

16. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Those Connolly videos went to my head :56:

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Baby Yoda is heartbroken.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  18. JamesM09

This seems like common sense to me. I can’t see how he would get a decent job after this considering he couldn’t get a decent job after his first spell and this one has been a disaster.

19. Sydneysider

...and certainly not at the very highly paid ( contract protected ) playing squad. Last season we had Boyata downing tools. This season its Dembele and Bolix behaving like * and forcing transfers/ loans. Ntcham and Eduard deciding to pull the pin, while continuing to draw their 800, 000 quid a year.

Bitton and the other Israeli * showing contempt for the Club and the fans. Cant play for Celtic thro injury but * off to the ME to "..Climb out of my wheelchair " to face Scotland for his beloved national team. AND comes back with Covid !!!

Rogic, like his buddy Bitton just kicking back till he can get a move to Yemen or wherever.

Barkas : panic buy, a nervy goalie joining this fractured squad and performing as poorly as the tossers around and in front of him.

We have been playing with 8 or 9 triers week in week out, but Yeah ! ts all Lennon (and of course Duffys ) fault.

They deserve criticism , made mistakes but * me theyre not alone. At least they tried.

20. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Lennon did try. He tried to play Brown into form and fitness despite him being 35 and clearly way past his prime. He tried to bullshit us into believing the pandemic only affected Celtic and nobody else. He tried to get into the Champions League by playing Ryan Christie up front. He tried to out players who wanted away in the media but then kept them in the team. He tried to stay loyal to players instead of picking his best side to win the cup and almost * it up.

The players haven't been good enough but Lennon is the one who's responsible for that. He is absolutely to blame, and the board are unambitious lazy cowards for not replacing him already.

Keano88, Crilly, rickyroma25 and 8 others like this.